I bite my nails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bite my nails, usually when I am stressed out about something.

My New Year's resolution for 2002 had been to stop biting my nails...that didn't work out too well. :|

I have never bitten or picked at my nails :shrug:

I chew on my tongue though :mad:

when im nervous i bounce my leg up and down real fast if im sitting down in a chair, or i'll move my foot back and forth kinda fast too. im a freak:reject: i've never bitten my nails though.

icelle said:
when im nervous i bounce my leg up and down real fast if im sitting down in a chair, or i'll move my foot back and forth kinda fast too. im a freak:reject: i've never bitten my nails though.

I do the same thing, even if I'm not nervous. I also bit at my nails. I used to chew the inside of my cheek, but I stopped.

As a kid I had my nails bitten to the quick.I also chewed my sleeves and twisted my hair I was a sad/nervy kid. I tried all kinds of paint-on bitter-tasting products.None worked. When I was about 12ish? I looked at a guys nails that were just gross/filthy. I had this instant mind picture of biting them (UGH!) and from that day have not bitten my nails. I have very very long thumb nails, I use the right hand one as a guitar pick. It's a real upset when it gets broken off in the garden.( I can't use a plectrum) I have long right hand nails and I try to keep my left hand ones short...gosh they grow quickly.
So maybe try that yertle...a mind picture. Or keep an emery board handy and use that.
I have transformed my ugly feet this summer, almost unbelievable, by regular home pedicure. I just so wanted to wear pretty sandals. I never had any "beauty " routines, but this getting old thing is a bit freaky. I make time now and it does help...thank goodness.
It's not a crime to bite your nails, but if you want to stop, you can try some things...Good Luck.

PS: my sister bounces her leg, CONSTANTLY. Someone told her she'll get Parkinson's disease. Crikes, I hope not. I also chew the inside of my lip...working on that one.**cass reminds herself to sit up straight** old dog trying to learn new tricks...hooooooooooowl.

Back
Top Bottom