I become personally offended everytime girls say guys suck or make other disparaging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
Anyone who does hurtful things to me , yes it hurts but it ultimately shows me that they're not the kind of guy worth wasting my time on- if they're attracted to a certain kind of woman instead it speaks volumes about them as far as I'm concerned.

:up:

MrsSpringsteen said:

Men certainly do their fair share of disparaging women. Maybe the guys who don't suck should make more of an effort to show that and to reach out to women.

I agree with most of your post that I quoted this from. But I wanted to comment on this part. What are these guys suppose to do? Wear a sign that says "I'm a good guy"?

Good "people" just act like good people. It should be evident, it just shows naturally. They dont need to make an effort to prove it. Its up to those attracted to the other person to be able to figure it out on their own. Both sexes do their equal share of crappy things to the other and an equal share of good things and both have an equal share of good and bad people as a result. I think if you are the other sex it just seems like the opposite sex pulls more crap. I dont believe that is actually the case though. :shrug: Its a 50/50 deal for the most part.

Blue Room said:

What are these guys suppose to do? Wear a sign that says "I'm a good guy"?

That would be helpful :wink: maybe what I was trying to say is that good guys should be just as assertive and demonstrative about how good they are as creeps are about their creepiness :wink: sometimes good guys take it for granted that it's clear and obvious, and sometimes the jerks get so much attention that some women might start to think you're "all the same". Same goes for women in my experience, that women who are "good" might get overlooked and taken advantage of.

Maybe just assert yourself, be a woman's friend above all else and let her know that you can be trusted, etc.-don't take that as a given that she knows that.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Some guys do suck :shrug: and some girls do too. Some people just suck in general, and all people do "sucky" things. I find most times when females say something like that it's due to being hurt, it's only a natural human emotion. It doesn't exactly make you feel better about yourself, some things that guys do. Doesn't matter to me though, I don't need any guy to feel better about myself. I don't sit there wringing my hands over any of them, I have found it to be a huge waste of time and unhealthy for my self-esteem. Anyone who does hurtful things to me , yes it hurts but it ultimately shows me that they're not the kind of guy worth wasting my time on- if they're attracted to a certain kind of woman instead it speaks volumes about them as far as I'm concerned.

Men certainly do their fair share of disparaging women. Maybe the guys who don't suck should make more of an effort to show that and to reach out to women.

Nice post :yes:
I agree, people say things out of being hurt. It doesnt make it okay, but it happens. Everybody sucks at some time or another
I believe that men and women both say hurtful and degrading things about one another, but they just come out differently.

obviousman.bmp

:wink:

Last edited:
I'll admit that's true. I wouldn't always date some of those louder guys but I would definitely be attracted to them first off. Doesn't mean I wouldn't take the time to get to know a quieter, shy guy although sometimes it is really hard to know if these guys are attracted to you or not - signals do help. The louder guys play it up, and while they may end up being jerks, it can be flattering....stupid, but flattering!!:shrug:

there's truth to it on both sides... guys are just as stupid.

a friend of mine was going out with this chick... who left the friend for another friend of mine... which created a bunch of BS drama which i tried to stay out of, only warning my friend that if she can do it once, she'll do it again... and low and behold, she did, indeed, end up dumping friend #2 for yet another friend of mine.

all because she's got a big rack.

:shrug:

i'll tell ya, it's a real hoot when i end up in the same place with all three friends.:mad:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

Heh heh heh.......
And yes, guys are just as bad as girls in this regard, too, no doubt.

But I guess, for me at least, it is more evidence for me to continue being reserved about who I associate with and such. Petty people produce petty situations. I bet I sound very paletable when I say that, but so be it.

Both men and women have such interesting ways of going about this whol issue... all the more reasons why finding a true compatibility in a relationship is quite rare and special. And then there is maintaining it...

MrsSpringsteen said:
Some guys do suck :shrug: and some girls do too. Some people just suck in general, and all people do "sucky" things. I find most times when females say something like that it's due to being hurt, it's only a natural human emotion. It doesn't exactly make you feel better about yourself, some things that guys do. Doesn't matter to me though, I don't need any guy to feel better about myself. I don't sit there wringing my hands over any of them, I have found it to be a huge waste of time and unhealthy for my self-esteem. Anyone who does hurtful things to me , yes it hurts but it ultimately shows me that they're not the kind of guy worth wasting my time on- if they're attracted to a certain kind of woman instead it speaks volumes about them as far as I'm concerned.

words to live by :D

MrsSpringsteen said:

That would be helpful :wink: maybe what I was trying to say is that good guys should be just as assertive and demonstrative about how good they are as creeps are about their creepiness :wink: sometimes good guys take it for granted that it's clear and obvious, and sometimes the jerks get so much attention that some women might start to think you're "all the same". Same goes for women in my experience, that women who are "good" might get overlooked and taken advantage of.

I will get to work on my sign............... :laugh: :wink:

I think girls should do the same thing. Signs all around! I guess that would make it easy. Assuming no one is misrepresenting themselves.

Back
Top Bottom