I am way too possessive over my favourite artists.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Today at box class, during the cool down/stretch part of the class, our instructor played "Trouble".
I got that little girl, high school crush butterflies in my belly when I heard the first piano keys played. There were some sighs heard amongst the girls, as if to say, *swoon I love Coldplay. Instead of feeling joy that others enjoy this great band. I got a little :angry: and felt jealous, like how dare they like my band. As if I own them or something. :reject:
I am a freak.

In case you were wondering I don't feel that way when people here talk about them, because you guys know about music. See, IMO, everyone outside of my 'friends' circle and or this board, know nothing about good music. This I realize is wrong too. :der: Oh well.

:wave: Freaks of the world unite. Who else gets possessive too?

Last edited:
:crack: Oh, and in case you didn't think I was screwed up enough, I really hate it when my favourite artists get popular. Like Coldplay has with their second record. I mean, I am happy for them, but again, with the possessiveness, it :angry: me to have to share them with others.
Now they are playing in arenas. :sigh: I miss the good old days where they played cozy theatres or clubs and weren't played at exercise classes. :(

i thank you for sharing chris w/ me angel. ;)

i know what you mean though. i get the same way about U2 and Coldplay.

however, Coldplay at kickboxing class? that is an odd choice even for cool down.

:uhoh: i had tears in my eyes and butterflies in my stomach last night when coldplay came on to play at the grammy's.

i even corrected my mother tonight

mom: "so, i saw coldplay play last night, he is really good!"

me: "mom, you mean they are really good! Chris is not Coldplay, there are 3 other guys that make up that band!" :mad:

my mom thinks Chris is scrawny and needs a tan! :angry: lol i have to tell her to be nice and leave her future son-in-law alone! :sexywink:

I have a similar problem......

The definition of a "big" or "huge" fan.

I LOVE U2. My friends know it. Yet, I realize I am not as near as a huge fan as some of the folks here......

But when I hear people saying they are a "huge" fan of U2 here in the Twin Cities, I kinda blow them off - mainly becuase I haven't seen them post here. :lol:

:lmao: Cute!

My friend asked me today, if Chris really was my type... as if to *cough* comfort him that nahhh, she doesn't go for pasty skinny English boys does she? :sexywink: I gave it thought, and I shedded dear Chris of his RockStar satus, and well... the results came out the same. :cute: It's the piercing blue eyes.

And YES, Chris is NOT Coldplay. :no: That is happening waaaaaaay too much now.

Angel said:
:lmao: Cute!

My friend asked me today, if Chris really was my type... as if to *cough* comfort him that nahhh, she doesn't go for pasty skinny English boys does she? :sexywink: I gave it thought, and I shedded dear Chris of his RockStar satus, and well... the results came out the same. :cute: It's the piercing blue eyes.

And YES, Chris is NOT Coldplay. :no: That is happening waaaaaaay too much now.

yes those blue eyes are enough to have me go weak in the knees. i would be attracted to him if he wasn't a rockstar. i mean today i was leaving the office and this man walked passed me who had a similar look to chris and i stopped in my tracks and stared at him and smiled. he smiled back and walked into the building. :hmm: chris look a like working in my building...:sexywink:

anyway, yes Chris is not Coldplay, i hate when a single band member is made the only person in a band because of the media.

i.e. Bono = not U2, Gwen = not No Doubt, etc...

and the guy i met a few weeks ago, i had a thrown down U2 trivia match with him because i thought he was treading dangerous waters with me by saying he likes U2. i won, but he did prove to be a fan. :macdevil:

I'm the opposite...I want everybody to share my love.

I remember a customer at one of my old jobs...he walked in wearing a U2 shirt. I bombarded him with so much U2 talk that I think I scared him. :lol:

Every so often, I get a PM or an email from somebody here saying that they like Ryan Adams too, and it makes me all :hyper:.

i can see why you were ticked though, since the other girls acted a little too teeniebopper to be liking a serious band like coldplay. (while i'm not a fan of theirs, i will admit i wouldn't call them pop or anything the way pop music is nowadays. they're pop as in popular, but not pop as in mainstream.)

lucky for me i don't really have to worry about "sharing" my favourite bands. aside from U2, everyone else i like is unpopular. duran duran, japan, most people are more like "who?" than :hyper:.

Oh, and in case you didn't think I was screwed up enough, I really hate it when my favourite artists get popular. Like Coldplay has with their second record. I mean, I am happy for them, but again, with the possessiveness, it me to have to share them with others.
Now they are playing in arenas. I miss the good old days where they played cozy theatres or clubs and weren't played at exercise classes.

*Looks around for Sweetest_Thing :shifty:

:wave:

Last edited:
Bonochick said:

Every so often, I get a PM or an email from somebody here saying that they like Ryan Adams too, and it makes me all :hyper:.

Again, your Ryan Adams addiction stems from me. Did you realize that? That's why I was so jealous when you and April got to see him and I didn't!

Hehehe...

:tongue:

daisybean said:
:lmao: I've thought that many times!!! "you're not cool enough to like them," then I realized I was being a little bitchy and snobbish.

:laugh: hahaha same here! :D

But they really dont deserve the greatness of PJ and U2! *pouts* lol

Lord, someone else who knows how I feel... :)

I had this conversation with Brettig the other day..how I hate it when my favourite artists get popular. Not that I want them not to be famous, or not to be successful, but it's so much NICER when they play small shows (I guess I'm selfish. I want good seats!)

...The terrible thing is when people mention a band like U2 or Coldplay now I always find myself thinking, "Hmmph. They're not REAL fans..." Unless, of course, they can prove it (naming a B-Side, admitting to owning albums other than The Best of, JT, or AB, ATCYCLB, etc)....throwing in some trivia...I met a guy who said U2 is great! WOWY is my favourite song." And I was like, "Poser."
(He actually WAS a poser. He didn't even know that U2 sang One or Beautiful Day!)

I feel like a snob. I begin to think of them as 'my band.'

And then I come here and have a severe reality check. Although, here, it seems alright to share bands. The outside world however...what do they know? :sexywink:

It's scary how you can tell who's being a poser....:crack:

Like I was talking about wanting to go see the rock hall exhibit to this girl at work and she was like "Aaaww I love them!" and I just knew that she was just saying it. So I asked her if she liked the new song (Hands) and she's like, they don't have a new song and gave me a "talk to the hand" look.

Thank god I'm not the only one, lol.

My friend Heather became a sort of U2 fan because of All I Want is You and the song October (she heard the Best Of version with October tacked on). Now she blames me because I influenced her. :p She's a big Genesis/Phil Collins fan and I'm always trying to get her to buy a U2 album (she just has a few mp3s) and she's always trying to get me to buy a Genesis album. :yuck:

I have all of Coldplay's Bsides and non-album tracks.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
And then I come here and have a severe reality check. Although, here, it seems alright to share bands. The outside world however...what do they know? :sexywink:

I'm surrounded by people with crappy music taste in real life, so more power to me. I'm the official guy with best musical taste in my school, but that doesn't amount to much when everyone listens to Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Slipknot, or all three.

~LadyLemon~ said:

Again, your Ryan Adams addiction stems from me. Did you realize that? That's why I was so jealous when you and April got to see him and I didn't!

Quite true! My father would still like to kick your ass for making me become a Ryan fan because he is sick of Ryan. For awhile, I was getting a package in the mail almost everyday with a Ryan boot after I did some trades, and Dad was like, "Tell those people to stop sending you stuff! Every package pains me!" :laugh:

Hehe, her dad wants to kick my ass! I love it!

Bonochick said:

Quite true! My father would still like to kick your ass for making me become a Ryan fan because he is sick of Ryan. For awhile, I was getting a package in the mail almost everyday with a Ryan boot after I did some trades, and Dad was like, "Tell those people to stop sending you stuff! Every package pains me!" :laugh:

Hey, how 'bout a Ryan boot for me for changing your life??

:drool:

Re: Hehe, her dad wants to kick my ass! I love it!

~LadyLemon~ said:

Hey, how 'bout a Ryan boot for me for changing your life??

:drool:

I have no burner...my friend Matt has a burner, but a good chunk of the boots I have came from the same girl, and Matt hasn't found a way to burn them...he said they were burned weird. :mad:

I'm trying to find some shows that he can burn so I can have a few copies to give out.

Back
Top Bottom