I am tired of my ex's!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My ex...oh boy. Can I just gripe about this for a few minutes? Thanks.

So he breaks up with me, says that he wants us to be really close friends, gets a new girlfriend five days later (that I went to school with last year, mind you), we get into an argument, both apologize, then he says we can't be friends until I "get over him," so he shuns me for two or three weeks, he unblocks my screen name, we start talking again normally, and THEN just last night he says that he's "having trouble seeing us as friends."

*twitch*

After I put up with all of his crap and still stayed loyal to him, THIS is what he does to me...:mad:

Rawr I can't believe I still like him...

Okay, that was a run-on. Thank you for giving me those few moments to rant. Carry on! :wink:

For Honor said:
I wonder how people can fall into relationships that they grow to hate so much?

That scares me, about being human. I mean, I know it could just as well happen to me, but..... it seems rather.................

Well, nevermind.

You know what's even worse? How a person who once meant everything to you becomes just another stranger that you can't even talk to...

BrownEyedBoy said:
You know what's even worse? How a person who once meant everything to you becomes just another stranger that you can't even talk to...

Cheers to that :sigh:

But then again, it isn't always a bad thing. Depends on what kind of terms you're on with a person when you depart... If it's good terms, but then you slowly fall out afterwards, its infinitely more horrific than a messy painful breakup where you don't actually want to have anything to do with the other person anymore, and you wonder how you could have misjudged them so greatly... but, I digress.

I'm happy with the one I've got right now, and were it not for the fact that I'm not where I want to be in my life right now (I'm not done school yet, I haven't had my chance to travel, nor have I been able to indulge my creative interests) holding onto her as tightly as possible would be my number 1 priority. As it is, I'm not willing to put my dreams aside for her yet, and I just hope that she can put up with my eccentric experiments over the next couple years.

... What I mean is, I hope she doesn't end up as an ex, and especially not one of those good-terms exes that you eventually fall out with. I've invested a lot of my heart and soul into her, and if I lose her... well... yeah. Sufficed to say, losing a major motivator and stabilizer of my life would wreak havoc on my brain for a good, long while.

Last edited:
It is, we've talked about it a couple times... and she always cries. She doesn't like my 'transfer within my hospitality-service job' and spend 8 months working in Germany (mostly so I can learn the language, which I have some familiarity with as it is but am not anywhere near competent) idea. I admit, and I've told her, that it's part me wanting to prove that I can be independent, partly that I want to be free of having to consider family/friends in everything I do and be free to just wander around for a while without any expectations, partly so that I get the distractions out of my hair so I can work on my writing... It's mostly practical things, all of which I can knock off in one single venture, whereas if I was (I hate to say this) burdened by having family always looking over my shoulder and wanting my time, friends always wanting my time, her always wanting my time, work taking up whatever time I have left... She understands why I want to do it.*

She's just convinced that I won't come back, though, and if I do that I won't want her around (for some reason??) and doesn't want me to leave. She's not exactly secure, I guess is what I mean. She doesn't deal well with not seeing each other, either... as it is, its driving her nuts that we only see each other for about an hour a week because we're so busy with work and school. It'd be hard on her.

I know that you can leave people behind but not your personality or soul. I don't have to travel far to know that I'm still the same person no matter where I am. My leaving won't fundamentally change me; but it stands to be another opportunity to learn, and grow a little bit, and gain perspective on just what it is I have already and what the world has to offer.

* The fact is: I wouldn't get anything done, because spending time with people I love is my greatest indulgence, I put them ahead of me. I don't have the heart to tell my grandpa that I'm not going to fix his computer because I have too much homework, or I've been working non-stop for 2 months and this is the only night I have off and want to just watch a movie, or explain to my dad why I'm skipping family dinner because I'm in the middle of something personally significant (writing, schoolwork, etc) - because he'd say something like 'more important than your family, huh? you can't even spend twenty minutes with us, eh?', which really twists my balls because it reduces to saying things that are personally significant are irrelevant to the family. Even though I've lived with them for the 20 years of my life. And can probably count the times that I've sat out a family thing for whatever reason on my fingers and toes. Considering that 20 years = 7600 days or something, that's not even approaching 1%, and yet I'm still expected to make exceptions for them -- and the thing is, I'd make those exceptions and do it anyway, but the lack of choice in the matter pisses me off. And no 'so you can't even spare 20 minutes' isn't the offering of choice, its passive aggressive coerscion. If I'm an 18 hour flight away, there's not going to be anyone breathing down my neck, or writing their names in my schedule - I'll be able to do what I want, and finally get the isolation I can't for the life of me gain for myself at home.

you know what's great? When you get back with your ex from high school thinking that they've matured some, and then they end up not returning your phone calls for two weeks and then dumping you on myspace :mad: :down:.

^rough......

=

As for FOXfire....... be wary of how your past, how you grow up, influences your decisions. I've got nothing to say, because I know how you feel, and I've sort of, (minamally and nothing like your sitautoin, though) sort of been on both sides of that fence.

I guess if it is something you know you must do, then do it. Sometimes you have to sacrifice somethingyou want for something else, but..... " :blahblah: " I'm sure you've heard that one before. I hope it works out for the best...

If someone really cares about you, though, I think they let you do your thing, even if they are losing some of the time. Conceit comes in many forms

I had a psycho ex that kept stalking me around the town I lived in until he finally moved to las vegas. I was relieved and then he came back from time to time and harrassed me. Not only that but he had my cell phone number and would dial me up whenever he was depressed about some stupid fricking girlfriend he was having problems with. Most of the time I wouldnt answer it but sometimes I wouldnt check the caller ID before answering.
He was such a whiny baby.
I even changed my number and he got it from somebody who still lived near me. :rolleyes:

I hope I never ever see or hear from that asshole again

hehehe, I can somewhat relate...I remember around last winter for a couple weeks straight I kept receiving these postcards from China & Thailand etc... from my exboyfriend....one I hadnt seen or talked to in 2 years since I broke up with him and he would write 'I'll be back on *so&so date* call me so we can hang out" :|
of course I never called him

and then randomly, my first month in college I met some cool people, one of them being a guy who looks a lot like Beck ...thats besides the point...we hit it off really well, would spend entire days just hanging out talking about music, watching movies , walking into town and then he told me he really liked me blah blah blah...the only problem for me was that he was a big pothead, we dated for a week and out of the blue he said that he needed time off that I was too good for him and he was having problems at home which by the way was thousands of miles away...anywho...I didnt mind, I was glad it ended before anyone got attached. Of course, after this he became a jerk for the most part for no apparent reason

and then last month when I went to visit my boyfriend and other friends he gave me this huge, long hug ..it was awkward and proceeded to talk to me all night at friend's party, saying it was really good to see me again yada yada yada.:huh:
I guess the part that I flew all the way up there to see my boyfriend whom I absolutely love didnt seem to matter to him.

BrownEyedBoy said:

Yeah, thats weird. I still wonder about that when it happens. Once so close, also physically, and now can´t even talk - plain weird.

i think i'm a terrible ex
i go really cold and lack any sort of compassion at all - it's horrible

the thing is, by the time i break up with someone i've normally agonised over it and put it off for so long that by the time it actually ends i pretty much have no feeling left for the relationship whatsoever.
and then when the other person gets upset (as one should be when a relationshp ends) i'm normally so far past that point that i can't actually relate to it and i end up getting annoyed and very very distant.
its a defensive mechanism i think - to avoid getting hurt i turn myself against it all, so my personality ends up more comfortable getting angry than it is upset.

i did it to my last ex and it was cruel and horrible and i loathe myself for it.

that said, its not like i've never had a bad ex - my first boyfriend at a young and tender age screwed me about so badly during and after the relationship which probably accounts a lot for how i deal with things these days.

so while i've been messed about and pretty badly hurt by guys, if i'm honest no ex-boyfriend has ever managed to do as much damage to me as a (now ex) friend did.

thats a totally different and infinitely more painful ex

and the battle goes on and on and on and on...:yawn: :|

I was talking today with a coworker about her ex-fiance. She told me a horrific story about the two times he tried to kill her. He shoved her out of a moving car on a busy road and then stalked her when she left the state she was living in to move down here. He found her tricked her into meeting her in a parking deck *she thought it was a coworker* he met her in the deck and hit her on the side of the head with a piece of lumber! :scream: :sad: :angry: He sped off in his car and thankfully a security guard was close by because he saved her life.

I do not understand how people can grow to hate someone they once loved so much to inflict violence and possibly death on them. :tsk: What is sad is another coworker came up to me and said " you know this is not uncommon. I know a lot of women who were in abusive relationships.". :|

:( That just makes me sad.

i happen to work with my ex's mother! Everytime we cross each other in the corridor (we work in a hospital) she consistently tells me how he is doing and how happy he is!(Like i care!!!) We used to get on,and you would expect that from someone that hurt her son, but i didn't , he broke up with me!
And i don't know what to do about her! Because i'm worried if i say anything it will get back to him that i am interested enough to ask!:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom