I am so...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoInAKilt

The Fly
JEALOUS. :madspit:

okay. i always get different U2 fans IMing me everyday..and I absolutely LOVE it. I love U2 fans....there is just no words to describe how awesome we are... :heart:

but...

every single fan that I talk to has met someone or all the members of U2. and i just get so BLOODY jealous....jealous beyond words.

do you know how many times i have been screwed out of meeting U2? TOO MANY TIMES.

Let's see...U2 Elevation concert in Cleveland...after the show...i have no money...spent it all on U2...have no cell phone...friends are the only way for me to get home. here's our convo after the concert..
me: let's go wait and see if U2 comes out. I really wanna meet them! please!
friends: no, let's go to a bar and drink
me *begging*: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
friends: NO.
so we go to the bar, and i sit there and cry. I AM NOT EVEN OLD ENOUGH TO DRINK. They wouldnt give me money to take a cab home.....wouldnt let my one and only dream of meeting U2 come true.

there's more of those stories...but it's not necessary to tell the rest.

everyone tells me I'll have my turn and that I will meet them...

and I pray that I do have that chance..I just want to thank them.

I know I should be happy when people tell me they met U2...but I can't help becoming so jealous and sad.

I just don't know...:shrug:

what if i never get my chance? :sad:

~Katelyn

me either...oh how I so want to meet them, but alas it hasn't happened yet! I did get to touch Bono and get his sweat on me...lol ;) That will have to be good enough for now...i'm not sure what i'd do if I actually had the chance to meet them...I wouldn't know what to say:ohmy:

Lori:mac:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I've never met any of them, either. :shrug:

Yeah, but Larry gave you his drumstick!!!!! :drool:

I haven't met the boys either. I got to see them in concert twice though, and I know that's a lot more than some fans have gotten to do. :)

i met bono (i can't believe i made him feel guilty)...but i haven't seen them live either...only bono singing american prayer...

I've never met them either, but I have a sample of Bono's DNA from a cup I got one of his concert security guys to give me.

One day, I'm just going to make my own Bono.

Then he can introduce me to Adam. You can meet my new Bono.

:)

I've never met them either. Been <10ft away from them, but never met them. I can't decide who I'd rather have a conversation with, Bono or Edge. :hmm:

Well I haven't met them (jealous of others? no, I like reading those stories) or seen them live yet, but something tells me I will see them in concert.

I've never even seen them live. I'm really jealous when I see how people talk about how great a show they went to was.

*insert plea for U2 to come to my neck of the woods here*

I have not met them (yet) but I have seen them live four times, and at least three of those times was within speaking distance (yay for the heart!). Ah well, I don't know what I would say to them anyways. lol. :huh:

sulawesigirl4 said:
I have not met them (yet) but I have seen them live four times, and at least three of those times was within speaking distance (yay for the heart!).

Let's make an official request (if there hasn't been one already) to bring back the "CONCEPT" of the heart......I know they're not about repeating themselves but something around the same area would we amazing for the next tour.

i've never met them either. i've only been to one U2 concert, and my mom made me leave early. they only had one freaking song left!! it ticked me off. at least i got to hear the last song in audio format when i found the concert in mp3 form. :(

so obviously since i didn't get to stay the whole concert, i didn't even bother wondering if i'd run into any U2 members.

its not that im jealous the people who met them once....I mean that is awesome!

I just hate when people tell me they met U2 like 10 times...or some high number like that.

I mean, is it necessary? honestly. I just want to meet them once!!!

I love reading stories how people met U2..like once or twice. but i seriously cant stand it when people say they met them more than that....

i just want it to be my turn. I just want to say thank you. ya know? that's all i want

i can die happily, my life complete after I meet them...

~Katelyn

I've neither seen them live nor I've met them. I didn't manage to get tickets. I mean I wanted to go there to try to get tickets there but I had fever that day. Yes really great:madspit:

I was so f---:censored: :silent:

yeah i understand about being jealous about people talking about how great a show was..and you not being there..or to any of the shows.

thats another thing....all those people who went to like every single Elevation show....they make me mad. they should have let the people who didnt have the chance to see U2 live...or see the Elevation tour, get tickets and go see them. ya know?
I know once you see 1 U2 show...you just need to keep seeing more...but i mean..how about 1 or 2 more? not every single show...
those are the people who meet U2 293082390482348 times. *glares at them*
hehe

~Katelyn

Someone that gets a ticket to every concert is not keeping anyone else from getting a ticket of their own. :confused: The tickets go on sale at 10:00 am for everyone that wants to take a shot at getting one.

Same goes for meeting them several times,... well just because someone else made a plan or even by accident had the fortune of meeting them this did not keep anyone else from meeting them. :shrug:

I have seen 17 U2 concerts in 14 years time, and it took lots of planning and money, I did not wait for U2 to come to me, I did my part to make it happen.

Meeting them, on the other hand takes planning, patience and lots of luck. I shook Bono's hand for the first and only time on April 4th, 2001. I missed a chance earlier in the day at soundcheck, even though I had been waiting for 4 hours, he didn't make it to my end of the line before he was whisked away. So I left before the last song of the concert and got back in line to take a chance on meeting him after the show, and this time after so so many failed times I got to shake my hero's hand and tell him Thank You!

Now I am not saying that I don't feel sad at my misses or twangs of jealousy at times:D*at the girls that get the dance*:drool:, but I never think that anyone else's good fortune is keeping me from anything that I want to do.

i know about the whole ticket thingy. but still like. i dont know.
nevermind.

i never think that anyone else's good fortune is keeping me from anything that i want to do either.

it just makes me jealous...but it also makes me more determined than ever.

I am so determined to meet U2 right now. like you have no idea. well Lori does! lol we're meeting U2 together..she said so. ha.

i feel so misunderstood. :(

~Katelyn

BonoInAKilt said:
i know about the whole ticket thingy. but still like. i dont know.
nevermind.

i never think that anyone else's good fortune is keeping me from anything that i want to do either.

it just makes me jealous...but it also makes me more determined than ever.

I am so determined to meet U2 right now. like you have no idea. well Lori does! lol we're meeting U2 together..she said so. ha.

i feel so misunderstood. :(

~Katelyn

yep we're meeting them alright...when we're in Dublin, god knows we'll be there long enough so we better meet one of them...lol :)

Lori:mac:

That is true Lori...we will be there long enough....im not leaving without having met one of them. i seriously will not leave.
how long will we be there? 4 months? hmm i think we can meet at least one of them.. :yes:
well..we better!

hmm yeah i get more jealous at the girls who have danced on stage with Bono... you lucky, lucky people!

i don't like the girl from Zoo Tv from Sydney....she's in Bono's arms...wth Bono's hand on her butt...lol not fair! :madspit:

~Katelyn

Back
Top Bottom