I am scared to open my e-mail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
:reject:

Yes, I am staring at my hotmail inbox and I have an email from someone that I do not want to open and read.

I am certain what I am going to read is not going to be good. I am tempted to delete it without opening it but know I should read it .

It is just sitting there unopened, the only one in my inbox unread.

I should accept what I am going to read and open it but I can't. I feel like hell for something that I said and did and now I know the consequences are sitting in that e-mail.

As John Mayer sings "my stupid mouth, has got me in trouble, I said too much again..." :reject:

replace she with he and this pretty much sums it all up for me.

my stupid mouth lyrics by john mayer

My stupid mouth
Has got me in trouble
I said too much again
To a date over dinner yesterday
And I could see
She was offended
she said "well anyway..."
Just dying for a subject change

Oh, another social casualty
Score one more for me
How could I forget?
Mama said "think before speaking"
No filter in my head
all because of stupid ass Kathleen IM'ing me and accidentally hitting tab
Oh, what's a boy to do
I guess she better find one soon

We bit our lips She looked out the window
Rolling tiny balls of napkin paper
I played a quick game of chess with the
salt and pepper shaker
And I could see clearly
An indelible line was drawn
Between what was good, what just
slipped out and what went wrong

Oh, the way she feels
about me has changed
Thanks for playing, try again.
How could I forget?

No filter in my head
Oh, what's a boy to do
I guess he better find one

I'm never speaking up again It only hurts me
I'd rather be a mystery Than she desert me

Oh I'm never speaking up again
Starting now

One more thing
Why is it my fault?
So maybe I try too hard
But it's all because of this desire
I just wanna be liked, I just wanna be funny
Looks like the jokes on me
So call me captain backfire

Oh, the way she feels
about me has changed
Thanks for playing, try again.
How could I forget?
No filter in my head
Oh, what's a boy to do
I guess he better find one

I'm never speaking up again. It only hurts me
I'd rather be a mystery Than she desert me

Oh I'm never speaking up again
Starting now

Last edited:
you forgot to insert: all because of stupid ass Kathleen IM'ing me and accidentally hitting tab

I know how you feel. There is someone in my life who I almost dread opening an email from, but still, when I hear from him, it gives me the butterflies. Men...:|

I'm scared to open my mailbox :uhoh: My real mailbox. It's always full of bad news I don't feel like dealing with :sigh:

U2Kitten said:
I'm scared to open my mailbox :uhoh: My real mailbox. It's always full of bad news I don't feel like dealing with :sigh:

Ditto, especially b/c of the electricity bill! Oh, and there's big black ants living in my mailbox too. I have to shake out every piece of mail. :mad:

I sent a serious e-mail to a "friend" of mine and she still hasn't written back. I'm pissed. The LAST day of school, right as she was pulling away, she says "oh, I don't think I can live with you this fall..." so I sent her an e-mail explaining what that means to my friends and I and how irresponsible that was, etc, and she never wrote back. Meanwhile, I see her on AIM all day long and she's updating her journal so I know she's online. Oh well, I found someone else, someone nicer and cooler to take her place in our house. I suppose I should e-mail her and tell her that (I can't call b/c I don't have long distance or a cell phone), but I don't think I'm going to :macdevil:

It's probably not as bad as you think Justified! :)
I'd rather open it and see what it says than looking at it.

Oh I know it is bad. I said somethings to someone a few nights ago. More like left a nasty voicemail *thanks to Vodka and Cranberry* for a person that I am not happy with. He did not return my call, so naturally I know he is mad. So I took the big step and wrote an "I'm a f'ing idiot and I am sorry" e-mail to him and two others. I know what is waiting in response to it is not good. So it is my fault. I just don't want to fly off the deep end again and start another round of war of words with him. I should have let it all die and not have called him but no I had to be the jack ass and press the buttons and tell him something that I needed to get off of my chest, but I know he too has somethings to say to me as well. oh well :huh:

Ah I'd just open it, if you don't like what you read. Delete it. Close hotmail. Post here unleashing any rage. :D

I vent by using a lot of :angry: smilies, then I feel better. :D

In the grand scheme of things though, it can't be anything that bad, there could be a lot worse things happen to you than getting a nasty e-mail I guess. :shrug:

true, but as soon as I go to click on it to open my heart beats fast and I start getting tears in my eyes! :der:

There is just a lot of drama and turmoil going on with this friendship right now. I know I have said somethings to this
person(s) that were harsh but needed to be said. I know trust from my end and trust from his and their ends have been tainted if not destroyed.

I don't have the emotional strength to read it right now. I am on such a high with the birth of my nephew, I don't want it to be destroyed by e-mail's from people that I am not getting along with right now.

:sigh:

It is going to stay there for a while unopened until I can find the courage to read it. :|

Last edited:
Don't know if you want to go this route, but I've done it for a friend sometimes. She had emails she was afraid to look at, and I looked at them for her.
Maybe ask a friend to read it first, to give you an idea what's
in it?

My friend made me do that with her exam results, she has whined on for 2 weeks about how afraid she is to look at them. She was driving me mad. Tonight she made me check them, she was yelping down the phone in what I can only imagine was fear/ excitement. The results aren't even out yet. :|

I am tempted to call one of our mutual friends over to my place and ask her to read it but then I would be creating more fuel to the fire. :huh:

maybe it will be shoved to the 2nd page and I will not have to see it. :rolleyes:

I am being an idiot about this whole thing.

Last edited:
:reject:

so I did not read the e-mail. However I met him for lunch today. We did not talk about the e-mail and what has been going on.

He gave me a hug goodbye and offered to buy lunch for me. I kindly said no to him buying me lunch.

maybe I should read the e-mail. :huh:

Now I'm afraid to read my email too. My big brother is being such an abrasive, self righteous :madspit: :censored:

I'm afraid of opening AIM 'cause I know my ex will be online... Last time we talked on AIM I was a b**** to him. :evil: :angry: Well, he had only said Hi to me to tell me he had just gotten hom from his new girlfriend's house and that he was really tired so I just replied to him in a very ironic way. :D And he signed off, or blocked me :macdevil:

Back
Top Bottom