I am obsessed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
...with the foxes that live behind my building. They bark and run through the underbrush at night, distracting me from my work. Then I spend ages at the window waiting for one or more of them to come out, and when they do, even though it's usually only for a few seconds before they run back into the bushes, I sit there and wait for them to come out again. They're so cute....like little catdogs. :cute: I read that foxes like raisins, so I'm going to buy some this week and put them outside so hopefully they'll come out for longer than a few seconds around 9pm when it's still pretty light out so I can try to take some pictures of them. :reject:

fox_hunt.jpg

Is this meegannie?

:der:

ya know when i first read about meggie having an obsession for watching foxes (i think it was in the 'addictions' thread in LS) i thought she was talking about cute boys :lmao: :silent:

There is a fox running around my parents neighborhood. If my beagle was still alive, I am sure he would be barking up a storm if he saw it. :laugh:

I could see myself with this type of obsession! :up:

Much better than the "fox" (read: TV) I stare at when I am at home. :down:

Last edited:
Meggie do you live in halls?
At the halls here there are lots of foxes and one followed my friend home one night and she was delighted, they frighten me a bit, most animals do :reject:

nbcrusader said:

I thought they just cut off its tail (at least they did on Bugs Bunny)

Oh no no no no no.

(People who don't like cruelty to animals might want to look away now.)

In the non-cartoon version hounds chase after a fox for miles until the fox collapses in exhaustion, at which point the hounds literally tear it into pieces while a group of barbarians on horseback look on.

Just lovely. :rolleyes:

meegannie, we always knew you were a foxy lady :cute:

According to Native American wisdom, when you have reoccuring visitations by a certain animal, there is a message for you in it. You can find fox's message here:
http://www.rainbowcrystal.com/power/poweranimals/fox.html

The fox, because of its ability to blend into its surroundings, is given the reputation of being sly and cunning. When we call someone "foxy," we are not always being complimentary. We may be accusing them of trickery or dishonesty. (note: I was totally being complimentary, and clever so I thought, in my use of the phrase 'foxy lady'.)

Fox is a powerful teacher for those who choose to live their lives consciously and deliberately. When we learn to detach from our surroundings and to observe with all of our senses, we, too, can anticipate and create the future.

I am obsessed with the skunk living in my backyard. I sit out there in the dark and wait for it to come out. I sit very still and it walks right by me looking and acting exactly like Pepe Le Pew itself. Apparently its message is about boundaries and self-respect, not being afraid to make a stink to stand up for yourself. I related to that with things happening at work for me.

Or maybe it's all just a bunch of hogwash. :shrug:

joyfulgirl, I was just looking at stuff about power animals last week. :laugh:

For some reason I always dream of hippos. :huh:

meegannie said:
joyfulgirl, I was just looking at stuff about power animals last week. :laugh:

well now that's kinda weird :ohmy: :lol:

a hippo sat behind me at Harry Potter and talked on his cell phone until the audience booed him out of the building :lmao:

There's a fox that lives somewhere behind the warehouse where I work, and we're always looking for it. It shows itself every so often. So, you're not the only one! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom