I am not eating.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AvsGirl41

New Yorker
How childish am I? Check out my pissing contest with my coworkers.

I am at work, and it is now lunchtime. We have Japanese leftovers from the party yesterday. :yuck: My boss (who loves the idea of having massive leftovers stored away, but never eats them) has gone elsewhere. This leaves me and the AA.

I thought surely, the AA would eat these leftovers and I could go and get a bagel, because I didn't like the food the first time around. The main reason I would even think about this is that she *always* makes me get lunch for her, and it's a real treat when I don't have to. But here comes the dreaded question, occuring every Friday:

"What are you doing for lunch today?"
"Umm...I don't know."
"Are you going to eat party leftovers, or get something?"
"Er...I thought about a bagel...but I might do leftovers?" (which answer is the one that will avoid my involvement?)
"Well, when you decide what to do, would you let me know? Please?" (the tone this is said in would make your jaw clench)

Grrrrrrr! :mad: What incredible presumption! I have decided I am simply not going to eat until I have outlasted her, and she makes her own bloody lunch decision, or 5:00pm has rolled around. I can take it, but can she?

So yeah, that's how childish I am. Ugh, I hate office environments, they bring out an ugly, petty side in us all!!

Last edited:
AvsGirl41 said:
"Well, when you decide what to do, would you let me know? Please?" (the tone this is said in would make your jaw clench)

Ooooh. :mad:

My mother-in-law asks questions in the same way with the same tone. Makes my blood boil. :silent:

Well, I won! Neither of us got lunch. She just simply went without rather than decide/fetch for herself!

I have a bottle of water, and I've been stealing chips from Advising. They are keeping me going until 5:00. It's like Survivor, only without the money.

Wow, I'm so lame. :| (And this is my 2000 post, even worse.)

I keep muesli bars in the top drawer of my desk for that very reason.

I also keep "girlie things" in my top drawer to protect my muesli bars (my office is mostly male)

AvsGirl41 said:

I have decided I am simply not going to eat until I have outlasted her, and she makes her own bloody lunch decision, or 5:00pm has rolled around. I can take it, but can she?

So yeah, that's how childish I am. Ugh, I hate office environments, they bring out an ugly, petty side in us all!!

i would probably do the same thing:up:

in cases like this maybe pack a lunch for work?

I work with people who's greatest achievement in life is seemingly to out-eat one another. :huh:

Re: Re: I am not eating.

icelle said:

i would probably do the same thing:up:

in cases like this maybe pack a lunch for work?

Yes, that is what I am going to do from now on, even if I have to pack stuff the night before! It's cheaper anyway...

If it wasn't annoying enough, I think what really fries me about the whole thing is that just a day ago, she was complaining about having to contribute money to our adopted child and how she couldn't afford it--but then spends vast amounts on food for herself.
:|

I had to read that twice. For a minute there I thought you were in a lesbian relationship with this woman. LOL.

(Not that theres anything wrong with that.)

You are refering to developing world child sponorship, yes?

beli said:
I had to read that twice. For a minute there I thought you were in a lesbian relationship with this woman. LOL.

(Not that theres anything wrong with that.)

You are refering to developing world child sponorship, yes?

:laugh:

Ugh, I hate her, perish the thought!

It was actually a local Christmas thing, we adopted a kid off the tree as a group to buy him a big Christmas present. It wasn't an obligation to contribute, but she was being so cranky about it and for none of the right reasons!

I :heart: this thread! :lmao:

I keep a box of Nutri-Grain bars in my locker at one of my jobs. I'm mean. I don't share. I mow one down in secret and shove the rest of the box back in my locker. :lol:

good for you, avsgirl :applaud:

in the sort room we have a community table for snacks and such. it's like a magnet to one of our reference librarians. one guy left his lunch there the other day, and she was looking through it.

So I packed a lunch today (though I wanted Subway more than anything).

The AA was asking about my weekend and I mentioned how disappointed I had been about not getting any tasty party food on Friday.

"Did you EVER eat that day?" she asked.

:mac:

Back
Top Bottom