I am mental

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEAL

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Nothing really more i can say really?

I work in IT, DBA for past 8 years

I work out constantly, taekwondo, weights, teach kickboxing at work, use nordic track, ski in winter.

I am addicted to sex.

I have 3-4 nightmares a week.

I get angry real easy.

I am too nice to people.

that is all

nobody is mental

you just described your personality/character, and of course that should matter to you and do not put it under scrutiny of opinions/permission from other people, cause what the fuk do they know.

thats all.

that is true. but i'm still a bit mental :)

i didn't sleep last night, so had random thoughts in my head. felt it was a good place to say what came to mind.

I guess what's bugging me is i'm very intense person. I can't really change what i am, but it really rubs people the wrong way. now when those people are assholes, i don't care.

when it's people i care about, or i like, it's very tough. i can be a bit too much, and then it ends up ruining relationships.

i'm trying to find balance, but i'm also selfish so when i don't like something, i move on rather than try and adapt or compromise a little bit.

just kind of a weird place for me right now. guess it's cause i'm in my 30's (turned 30 two weeks ago ;))

feel like David Brent. I'm a chilled out entertainer, yet i sit at a desk all day when i should be humoring :) haha

You still don't seem mental to me. I have a terrible time with insomnia, I hate to sleep especially at night. I enjoy the peace and quiet at night but sometimes the silence screams to me and I can't shut my thoughts off. So I listen to music and write. I make lists. I journal. Then I feel better. Or I sit at the beach for hours and just think and I work things out. I don't know if that qualifies me to be intense. I don't think there is anything wrong with being intense. We are all different. Balance, tho, is healthy to have in our lives. And I do believe there is someone out there who is the perfect "mate" for each of us...the ying to our yang....the perfect balance, if perfection as most of us know it really actually exists. (I don't believe it does). You should be having fun in your 30's. You are young, don't waste time worrying about things, get out and have fun! Do things you really want to do. But always be true to yourself.

There, my advice for the day!

(haha! Maybe I am mental!!)

Sometimes I am very intense - too intense - when I get really into something. I'll start cutting people off. I'm also very impatient with myself and with everyone else. I want results and I want them yesterday. I know I can be bossing and controlling; things get done better and faster when I do them myself (maybe not always true but I know enough about myself to know I have this attitude!).

What has really been working for me is training dogs. I'm not talking about training the family pet but training a working dog. It is teaching me patience. It takes some of the control out of my hands, which I don't always like but it's good for me. It teaches me to be more sensitive to something/someone else and work as a team. Both of us have strengths and weaknesses that won't change and we figure out how to work together. And yes, having the dog gives me a loyal companion.

I guess what's bugging me is i'm very intense person. I can't really change what i am, but it really rubs people the wrong way. now when those people are assholes, i don't care.

when it's people i care about, or i like, it's very tough. i can be a bit too much, and then it ends up ruining relationships.

i'm trying to find balance, but i'm also selfish so when i don't like something, i move on rather than try and adapt or compromise a little bit.

just kind of a weird place for me right now. guess it's cause i'm in my 30's (turned 30 two weeks ago ;))

feel like David Brent. I'm a chilled out entertainer, yet i sit at a desk all day when i should be humoring :) haha

None of that sounds mental to me. You'd be surprised how many people there are who are similar.

An Irish friend of mine (none of our U2 fellows) once asked/told me: "Aren´t we all a bit mental?". No offence against the people who suffer from serious mental illnesses but I have to admit I am somehow mental. For instance today at work I was completely mad/angry about some people...which I should not...but sometimes you just cannot turn that off...

At least I tried to hide my madness...in front of them...:madwife: and now I can laugh about it, relax and I am enjoying a drink until the new year :beer:

People who consider themselves 'normal' and only do 'normal' things/ live 'normal' lives and never let themselves go are abnormal to me. These are the people who are about 21years old and look and act like they're in their late 60's. I often hear them say that they are 'too old' to do some kinds of fun stuff.

In their eyes we are 'mental'.

I'm proud of the fact that I am! :D

Back
Top Bottom