i am dead tired of traveling for work...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
i am tired of it...i am not sure how i am going to be able to make it through April with 6 more business trips. i had a meeting today and half way through it my mind went blank during my conversation w/ 4 of the business owners of this company. :yawn:

my friends here at home are worried and are getting mad at this schedule because it has killed my social life. :|

i am tired of airports and sitting on airplanes. i am tired of wearing business suits and heels 4 days a week and running to catch a flight.

and i tired of posting about this way of life on here. :huh: :scream: :banghead:

i need a major calgon moment to take me away.

If you are that unhappy with your job, you should try your best to get out of it. I know that's not always possible though. For example, a good friend of mine absolutely hates her job, and her co-workers are mean to her. However, she has cancer, and the medical benefits she gets through that job is paying for all of her chemotherapy and stuff, so she can't quit right now.
Obviously, there are many reasons you are still at this job, probably to satisfy needs in life. But could those needs be met another way? If you can still tolerate the job for now, I would keep on doing it but keep your eyes open for new opportunities.

Good luck with things. :hug:

I dont know how you do it. I really admire you. I get homesick when I'm away for more than a couple days. I could never travel like that. I guess I would say maybe look for a new job.. but I know you have a great job and it pays well. Is there a way they could give you a different position maybe .. where you didnt have to travel so much? Or maybe you could be the one delegating who does the traveling? :sexywink: Like a right hand or something?

:hug:

:sigh: traveling wasn't a problem until this week when i forgot one morning where i was when i woke up. that is a problem. it is sad when you can't remember what city you are in. it is also becoming a massive problem right now because my social life has taken a direct hit. :huh: it is friday night, i should be out with my friend Shawn and my friend Wendy. but no i am too tired to go out. that has been the case the past 3 mths. and it is getting annoying.

yeah this job pays ok but not nearly as well as it should. July is my review and that will determine what i will do with this career.

:hug:Iris:hug:

You need to sleep in your own bed and go out with your friends...you need to know where you are when you wake up :huh:

You sound like you're headed for a burn-out...that's not good. If your job starts to suffer because of your schedule, you have to do something. Your mental health is more important than a job.

:hug: missvelvet :hug:

maybe you could try a long vacation and see if that helps? I know we just went to Vegas, but that was just a couple days...maybe take a couple weeks off if they let you

if that still doesn't help, maybe what Sicy suggested, see if they can give you different duties that wouldn't require you to travel so much? :shrug:

in the meantime, treat yourself to that calgon bath, and/or a massage or day at the spa

:hug:

i have april 7th off to go to the masters with my father, brother and nephew. but that is just one day off. the long vacation break i need will not be until the week of july 4th and that is for my brother's wedding. thank god it is in maine, i need the outdoors to get some peace of mind. i do need a break. a visit to a spa for a massage would be nice. :slant: i will do my usual stress relief and tend to my garden at my parents house tomorrow and sunday. thanks for all of your advice.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
the long vacation break i need will not be until the week of july 4th and that is for my brother's wedding.

I don't know if I'd really consider your brother's wedding a "vacation". Yes it's time off from work, but it brings about a different type of stress, like all the wedding preparations, etc., and the regular stress of being with family members for a week, lol. I know, I remember from my brother's wedding...especially if you are in the wedding, like a bridesmaid, there will be brunches, and parties to go to, and getting up early the day of the wedding to prepare, not really time to rest.

You need some "you" time. Time to be alone (or go with a friend) and go to your favorite place to visit, or go somewhere you've always wanted to go, like relaxing on the beach, or a cruise or something.

:shrug:

yeah i know. this past week was supposed to be my vacation for myself. i was suppose to be in England enjoying a relaxing vacation but thanks to this wonderful war we are in i postponed it. :scream: that vacation will hopefully take place in the late summer or fall of course depending on how safe i feel to travel over seas.

Maybe talk to your bosses and tell them how you are feeling :shrug: They are sure to understand that you need a break, or a change or something.

yeah i should. the problem is this. as part of my goals for my job i have to be out of the office 60% of the time visiting my clients. my book of business contains 72 clients. who all get one visit. :slant: and that is a required goal for me. if i don't do it i loose my job. the other problem which sucks more is that 95% of my clients are out of state. my other colleagues have about the same amount of traveling to do too however i do the most traveling because well i am the single girl with no family or a spouse. :scream: :angry: and that right there pisses me off because god forbid i want a boyfriend, which i so do right now. :sigh: :down: this job really sucks ass the more i think about it.

I was there a while ago. I've been at the same company for 4 .5 years and i used to travel about once per week. However with hard times financially, the company going IPO, and after 9/11, my travel has diminished. Yeah, for me becuase I was tired of going to Salt Lake City and NJ. ( no offense anyone).

I still don't really love my job but it pays the bills which are way too expensive but I live in LA at the beach and it is very expensive to live here. I am working on establishing connections to do what I want to do but it is aways down the road.

I sympthasize with you and I've been where you are. It is hard. I hope you can find peace!

oktobergirl, July will be 5 yrs with my company. i think the burnout is partly due to the time i have been here as well. the current market does not make it easy for me to just jump ship and find a better job somewhere else. i will just keep my ears and eyes open to see if there is something better out there. :|

I misread your topic, "for" not "to" I've been wanting to move lately, closer to

but it's not going to happen, not even a remote possiblity:sigh:

so I'll just make a wish for your good health, and a sunny day in your garden
:hug: Iris

thanks cass. the weather was too cold today to be in the garden. i went to my parents and just crashed on my mom and dad's bed. i think i am really coming down with a bad cold. :(

jeff stay at an extended stay hotel that is more like an apartment. you will want every bit of comfort that looks like home. Marriott Spring Hill Suites, Towne Place suites , Homewood Suites, Residence Inn anyplace like that.

:hug: Iris :hug:

School is kicking my ass but I don't really have the option to quit. Cuz I think I would right now if I had a sugar daddy to pay my student loans :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom