I am clueless....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooshcat

Acrobat
...about the whole downloading mp3 and other music files. I like the idea, and would love to be able to have new stuff as well as my music collection on something like an Ipod. I've been thinking about getting an mp3 player for a while now, and the U2 ipod sounds very interesting to me.

But I know nothing about it.:reject:

The first thing to do is get iTunes - http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

This is an all-purpose MP3/etc playback/library system, and fully integrates with iPods and the iTunes Music Store. It's great!

Once you have the player, you can get music in a variety of ways. The first way is by purchasing it through the iTunes Music Store for 99 cents a song, or $9.99 an album. They also have a free song every week to try out. This is where the digital box set will be available, as well as all of the U2 albums and songs they currently have! You can always hear a full-quality 30 second preview of every song in the store by simply double clicking it. Don't worry, it won't actually buy anything without you specifically clicking the buy button. Furthermore, you can watch all the music videos and movie trailers you want for free through the store.

However, iTunes also allows you to "rip" your existing CDs. You basically put the CD you want on your computer into the CD-ROM drive of your computer, and it will show up in iTunes. Once it does, you'll see be able to "Import" the songs onto your computer. This will make an identical copy of the music on your computer, which you can play at any time without having the CD in your computer.

Otherwise, you can find all sorts of music on the 'net. There are many sites that provide legal, free music for you to download. There are also many sites that offer U2 bootlegs to download :)

Aside from that, there is the illegal method of downloading any song you can dream of. There are many applications that allow you to do this, but I'd rather not get too into those for obvious reasons :)

I hope this helps!

Cheers Gorman!:) That actually makes things a good bit clearer, and thanks for the link too. I might get the "Ipods for dummies" book I've seen advertised.

:wave: to Verte, I'm not alone- yay!

Back
Top Bottom