I am about to get a ticket for running a red light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
yes my ass knowingly ran a red light this evening and in a intersection that has cameras posted to catch those who run the lights. I was driving too fast to slow down so I decided to run the light. So in the coming days a ticket with a picture of me running the light will be waiting for me in my mailbox!

Happy 4th of July to me!

:laugh:

This would be my first official ticket.

Last edited:
:laugh: I've gotten TWO speeding tickets in my day and both of them were on July 4th. :mad: The last time I was going not even 5 miles over the speed limit trying to make a deposit for the store I worked at. The bank closed at noon that day and it was 11:55. The cop refused to let me make my deposit (I had pulled into the bank lot when he pulled me over). So not only did I get an $80.00 speeding ticket but I got in trouble at work for not getting the money deposited that day. :sigh:

That was about 4 years ago. :shifty: I haven't driven on July 4th since!

This didn't take place on July 4th, but I'm going to tell you a true story.

A girl I briefly worked with (and after you read this story, maybe you'll understand why it was "briefly") was nice, but really not too bright. So, running late for work, she was speeding and got pulled over. Got her ticket and moved on. Started speeding again. Got pulled over a *second* time. Got her ticket and moved on. So you'd think that after getting *two* speeding tickets in one morning that you'd forget about how late you are and just drive the speed limit? Nope...she then proceeded to get a *third* speeding ticket all in the same morning.

Needless to say, she was a barrel of laughs. :sexywink:

Melon

I recently got out of a speeding ticket by requesting the maintenence records for the radar gun for my court date.

When the police dept couldn't produce them....ticket dismissed

FYI the odds of getting a ticket are rather slim if you keep it under the speed limit or within 15 mph over; that means you can usually do 49 in a 35 and drive right by a black and white...

Do not speed through a school zone - gets you no mercy there..

No rolling stops...the cops don't look at your car, we watch your tires.,..if the tires are still rollin', so's the car, and this equals NO STOP...

Motor cops write 20 to 30 tickets a day...that's combined with about 10 warning stops...!!

Just a bit of info......:wink:

PS Ladies...lowering the blouse a little or raising the skirt really doesn't get it done...and for pete's sake., crying won't help...

and guys, wisecracks generally lead to the officer mistakenly letting go of your license between your window and door..and it doesn't help telling the cop how much money you make and why isn't he out taking care of real crime...that's a bad...besides the cops always have cool one-liners that will get cha'.

Drive safely and you have a nice day!. :lol:

Arun V said:
I recently got out of a speeding ticket by requesting the maintenence records for the radar gun for my court date.

When the police dept couldn't produce them....ticket dismissed

Good point...also at your request is the radar survey for each street that radar is used.

In CA, the radar survey must be completed once every five years. In our courts, the radar survey is kept on file in the court clerks office; at our station, each of us motor officers had our own certified copy of the radar survey on our motorcycles for just for court...

If the roadway has not been surveyed within the past 5 years, the ticket is booted...

During my 18 years I had never heard a request for the gun maintainance records but that's a good thought! :)

I have neevr gotten a ticket, despite me driving at least 120 down every highway (that's 120 kph, BTW). I have been pulled over though. I was doing 75 in a 60 zone. The cop who pulled me over is a good friend of the family and my old boss (he owns a landscaping company in the summers part time). I thought I was fucked but he just asked me where I was going, and I said I was trying to make it home on time (which I was), and he just said "well, you were going a little quick, just watch the foot" and drove off. :up:

Although I will probably be pulled over eventually.

:drunk:

Mr. BAW said:
FYI the odds of getting a ticket are rather slim if you keep it under the speed limit or within 15 mph over; that means you can usually do 49 in a 35 and drive right by a black and white...
then why have i been pulled over TWICE for going five over? :sad:

I got my *so far* only speeding ticket on the first day of classes of my senior year of college...Didn't read about Kingston's "Safe Fall" policy until the next day. I was doing 43 in a 25, but he only wrote me for 5 over and I got it dismissed for a good driving record.

Should have taken the episode as a sign, because on my LAST day of classes I rear ended someone at a light. :rolleyes: I just really like to pay huge indurance premiums, apparently.

Mr. BAW said:
There goes my theory! slow down! :lol:
but it isn't my fault! both were when i just came down from the bottom of a hill. i'm not one to believe in conspiracies, but given how corrupt the local police is here (seriously, ask any memphian), and how i've publicly spoken out about the corruption at various levels of our local government, it makes you wonder if they're purposely looking to pull me over. i wish i didn't have to drive at all.

KhanadaRhodes said:

but it isn't my fault! both were when i just came down from the bottom of a hill. i'm not one to believe in conspiracies, but given how corrupt the local police is here (seriously, ask any memphian), and how i've publicly spoken out about the corruption at various levels of our local government, it makes you wonder if they're purposely looking to pull me over. i wish i didn't have to drive at all.

bottom of a hill . . . sounds like you got caught in a speed trap :(

:sad: No Mr;B? It sure worked for a co-worker, walking thru the door, she says, I just got off a speeding ticket! I was speeding to get to work on time, and this cop pulls me over. I just started crying and saying 'This pervert in another car was doing all kinds of rude things, and started following me and I just had to get away from him'!(like 85!)lol! It worked-he just told her to be careful!:|

Back
Top Bottom