I...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2zoogirl

War Child
bite my nails...

I just don't know how to stop that... I haven't get a manicure in a long time cuz I can't keep it... and I paint and draw everyday so I feel better with short nails...

I just don't know how my hands look with long nails... :uh:

i've been biting my fingernails since i was 4...no wonder they look like they do.

I bit my nails really badly from the age of 4 to when I was 25. For some reason I just stopped. I didn't even think about it - jut one day I noticed that my nails were growing and I wasn't biting them. Very weird.

But now the nail beds are so short, and my nails are so weak that they get to a certain length (usually just before the end of my finger) and peel or snap. And strengthener doesn't seem to help :mad:. I guess the moral of the story is that biting your nails is bad, even after you stop biting them! If that makes sense............:shifty:.

I bite my nails.

And twirl my hair.

And fidget and tap things and fiddle with things.

I'm just one great big ball of nervous energy :hyper:

I've been a nail biter my whole life..I've only been able to stop/have long nails once or twice. My nails are also very weak and brittle, so even those few times it was a mess..I agree, the strengthener doesn't seem to work. I've tried so many products. I take vitamins..I might try Biotin supplements, I've heard that helps

It's a nervous habit/addiction that's very embarrassing

I chew my nails, but don't acutally bite parts off. My mom used to yell at me, but it's hard to stop a nervous habbit while you're in college and working a "customer service" (read: STRESSFUL) job...

I bite my nails--always have. Since I'm so used to them being short, I hate the way they feel when they actually do get longer than usual.

I bite my nails, but only if they're peeling or one chips and there's a rought edge or something (yes, I know how gross that sounds :reject: ). When I get stressed or upset, I bite them all off completely.

Bonochick said:
The real question is...do you bite your toenails???? :shifty:

:laugh: :laugh:
ewwwww.... no!!!

Maybe I'm just too nervous... I can't sit still i'm always moving my feet and taping my fingers over the tables... sometimes I eat paper...

I'm just like those nervous rabbits always shaking :S

bitting my nails sometimes is embarrasing... mine are not the most beautiful hands in this world and with that nails... :tsk: and people sometimes asked me why I have my nails so short ...

Me too!

Yep, I bite my nails too, and twirl my hair. The nail problem is the worst, though, because sometimes I do it so much my nail beds
bleed. My boyfriend teases me and says I must be one of those self-mutilators. lol. My nails are very brittle and break at the slightest little thing. Maybe we can all form a club "Nailbiters Anonymus"! :lol: :wink:

MooMoo! said:
i need to bite my nails somtimes, cos they interfere with my vibrato.:dance:

gosh... do you play violin or something????

that's so cool... I can't even play "little star" in piano but I can draw....

Re: Re: Re: Me too!

ladylardence said:

Sure, as long as I can be vice-president! :lol: :wink:

course, you got the job!!!

hey.. I always wanted to be president of something :D

I will buy an office and a nice suit

Re: Re: Re: Re: Me too!

U2zoogirl said:

course, you got the job!!!

hey.. I always wanted to be president of something :D

I will buy an office and a nice suit

Thanks, I'll go out and buy more dress clothes right now!

Back
Top Bottom