How to express yourself?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aine_hewson

Acrobat
Well, definitly this is not just a problem of mine, lots of people have this problem, which is expressing yourself by words.

Sometimes people can get me wrong, because I didn't express myself, and when I try to explain, they just say "yeah" as if I'm just trying to fix a mistake, but the mistake is I don't know how to express correctly without causing problems.

And it happens a lot here in the forum, I write something and someone says something and I think "geesh, it wasn't what I meant", and that's really a trouble for me, because I was thinking about doing jornalism in univerisity, so how can I be a jornalist if I can't express myself through words?

That's weird, if I say without thinking, it's a problem, if I think too much, I give up on saying, and that's also a problem... er... :|

Did I express myself right? :(

I face the same daily burden. I find I have to think through what I want to say before entering conversations (small talk is especially challenging for me). A lot of my work is through email, so I find that I have to be a wordsmith to "get it right".

That definitly sucks, because I love writing stories and articles, but I'm so scared to show them to people or read it out loud to the whole class, that someone would get me wrong... Geesh...

:hug:

I'm the same way. I know what I mean, it's just whenever I try to say (or type) something, it usually comes out wrong.

Whenever I try to explain myself, I get all frustrated, and make it worse. Nowadays, I just try to let it go, unless if I've insulted someone, and let people think whatever they want.

Well, that doesn't really work in school... if you do that.. you get the stuck up fame, and so the school call you parents to say you might be using drugs or something :laugh:

man, that sounded really stupid, but it's true!

You're right! It's true. I'm still learning to let it go, but when I was in school, there's no way I would have gotten away with it. :huh:

You know, it's not even the expression thing, but I'm so shy, and I get mad about the lil' talks in the corner, the sighs, and the hiden laugh, it seems it all over you, and that gets me!

I'm very shy and a lot of times I just can't get what I want across too but believe me that is not a problem when I have to write, MUCH on the contrary I write and express myself through written words much better than I do with spoken words. Don't be afraid to write what you want to write and it won't be a problem for you in journalism. I however would never be able to actually read something I wrote in front of others and sometimes it?s hard to have other people reading your stuff but if you?re proud of it then forget about it. By the way I was also thinking about doing journalism but I?m doing advertising instead witch is something that I like more. If you do journalism and do it at PUCRS then you'll do it in the same building as me! :D :wave:

Yea i know how you feel, i have that problem some times!

For example: my sister was talking about changing jobs, so i replied "at least youve got a job" without thinking that my brothers girlfriend has been sacked reciently! You should have seen their faces! :( . They thought i was getting at her!

NOT WAT I MEANT! HONEST! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom