How old is to Old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
Question for you guys and its a cofession that my coworker told me okay!

My coworker told me that she married a 56 yr old man and by the way she was only 15 when they married. They end up get a divorce and now she is engaged to a 52 yr old man! So my question to everyone is how old is old for an 18 yr old to have a relationship with some one and What is your age limit that you would date?

I think that if the guy or girl is over 30 and your 18 that is too old but under 30 is okay.

Me being 19 the oldest that i would date would be 25!

Im just curious with everyones opinion on this!

adamswildhoney said:
My coworker told me that she married a 56 yr old man and by the way she was only 15 when they married. They end up get a divorce and now she is engaged to a 52 yr old man!

This is the most disturbing thing I've read all day.

Thats what i thought! I guess as long as the couple have permisson from the parents of the teenager then its okay. It grossed me out when she told me. Theres a little part of me that thinks that she is just saying that for the attentiion, but i dont know.:eyebrow:

that is really, really disturbing.

being 22, i guess my ages limit is 19-27.

i am 27 and i would have to say my limit is 37... now i'd adjust that if perhaps the guy was a very immature 40 year old... but then again, I highly doubt it. quite frankly if I had my way i'd date a guy exactly my age. i don't want to be 50 and married to someone 60 + :|

holy shittola

Damn.

Well, I've now reached that age where I can safely say "within ten years" (24-34) but I wouldn't feel comfortable dating anyone over five years older than myself. I dunno, I like between my age to two years max in a perfect scenario. Yet another reason why I'm still pathetically single. :huh:

You all suck

I am **, but if I hadn't told you would you have known? I act 12 and get ID'd for adult beverage purchases and even R movies sometimes.

I wonder if those who have met me could accurately guess my age?

btw, no exceptions-
That means none of you can marry :larry: or :adam::madspit:

Well, as a lot of people know cuz I've said it sooo many times, I'm 20, and John is 33. I never thought I'd be with an older man, but it is working out well for us, especially considering it's a long distance relationship. He brings me more happiness than I thought any person's life could have, which says a lot for those who know the type of person I am. However, I don't think you can just declare a set age rule that all should follow because it truly is a case by case basis. It's also not just about age...it's about how well you get along and treat each other. If John was 33 and a jerk, I wouldn't be with him because of him being a jerk. But John's 33 and the world's sweetest man...and I am with him because of his sweetness.

Yeah, I get teased sometimes...Dad jokes that I'm just marrying him because his social security will kick in sooner...*lol*...but he is just kidding. Dad says he likes John...he knows that John loves me and treats me well. My dad's exact words were: "What more could a father want for his daughter?"

where's my new nick, pup?

z edge said:
You all suck

I am **, but if I hadn't told you would you have known? I act 12 and get ID'd for adult beverage purchases and even R movies sometimes.

I wonder if those who have met me could accurately guess my age?

btw, no exceptions-
That means none of you can marry :larry: or :adam::madspit:

Hey, we're not singling anyone in particular out, are we? :mad:
The chances of me running into a man that age with abs as great as Larry's are one in a gazillion, so :tongue:. lol

A 50 something marrying a teen?!? :no: That is disturbing actually....But you know what they say: Age is nothing but a number...

Im 21..I would say that my age range is 20-30....
A friend of mine used to date a 38 year old guy when she was 18. That was somewhat weird.:eeklaugh:

uh......i'm 17.......i think i'd date someone up to 25......but it might be a bit weird for me......age makes more of a difference when you're younger......

my parents are 7 years apart....

Personally, I find Leo from the West Wing (John Spencer) pretty sexy. Also Giles from Buffy but he's not that old.

leo1.jpg

foray

foray you are 48 so that doesn't count.

Seriously though, I think there is some kind of difference between finding an older person attractive, and being able to fall in love with them. Age shouldn't really matter, but when you are a teen marrying a man close to retirement age, there is something wrong.

I knew 2 really screwy girls at my school. One fell in love with this crusty ugly old man who was in his 40's when she was 17. He left his wife and kids for her and was a colleague of this girl's father. She had to leave everyone she knew because of the disapproval form everyone. The other situation was somehow worse. One girl was dating and eventually married this guy who had abut the same age difference, he was about 42 at the time. Her MOTHER had a 23 year old boyfriend that she eventually married. From all outside appearances they looked normal except the daughter was married to the father type, and the mother was with the son type.

this is a tricky subject

honestly i think that there is more to her being 15 marrying someone in his 50s. her dad had to have been out of her life or something. most girls who have paternal issues seek older men to replace their father. in that, they are trying to find themselves in the men, which is just bad for anyone. it's really hard to understand if you are someone as fortunate as :bono: chick who has a great relationship with her father (which is awesome!), but it's like a subconcious drive to replace him. which is very difficult to overcome.

i am 18, and i guess i'd go up to 29, but it would be quite unlikely.

I'm 23 and I'd say that I would date someone 20-40. Probably older than me, though, because I tend to find younger guys immature (blanket statement, I know, but there you go). The thing is, though, I can say that I'd date a 40-year-old, and most of the celebrities I find really attractive are over 40 (!), but in real life, I suspect I'd be extremely intimidated if someone more than ten years older than me expressed interest in me, and I'm more likely to be attracted to someone about one to five years older than I am.

I'm 21
I'm not sure if I could date anyone older than 25 actually. Not because I think its weird or too old but because I would be too intimidated. If I was out with someone 26 or 27 I would feel like they would probably leave me with the first good looking guy thier age that comes along.

I don't feel a day over 19 though

I'm at the young age of 30 - I am being "set up" wih someone who has to be six or seven years my elder tomorrow - not sure if that is too old - and this may piss people off - but I really want to have children.

On the other end of the scale - younger than 23 - and they are at a different maturity level than I am. But I am sure it would be a case-by-case thing.

Im 17 and my b/f is 18- i like the age gap :)

I wouldnt date anyone younger or SMALLER in height than me or anyone older than 19- i tink theres a big diff between a uni guy and a school girl

Are my friends and I the only people with the famous person rule?
We say it's ok to date someone who is a bit older, as long as they're hot and famous. BUt you know, that will never happen.

~LadyLemon~ said:
We say it's ok to date someone who is a bit older, as long as they're hot and famous. BUt you know, that will never happen.

no id date Larry Mullen and my friend emma (doodles on interference when shes actually heree) would date michael shanks aka daniel jackson from stargate-cus of course its never gonna happen :D

~LadyLemon~ said:

Yes, actually, I think that's the way to go...Actually, not only is it unlikely that we'll ever meet those old, hot, famous people, or at least have much of a conversation, but just about all those older celebrities I find attractive are happily married with several children...

15 year olds should not be married at all, especially to a man in his 50's. That is sick.

I think dating or marrying with an age difference depends on the people involved.

I started dating my husband when I was 21 and he was 36. We were both divorced and had kids and we were looking to settle down. I never felt like I wasted my youth on him and we are still together. He just turned 51 and I'm almost 36.

Sometimes the age thing creeps up like when he joined AARP and I got a spouse's card. I've never used it and feel like people will look at me crazy if I try to. We have also had to prepare for the fact that I could lose him sooner that if I had married someone closer to my age. But, for the most part, out age difference seems to mean less and less as we both get older.

If you really love someone, a 10 or 15 year age difference probably doesn't matter much but I think 20 is pushing it. Too much of a generation gap.

I don't know if this is actually true or not, but today I heard that Justin Timberlake (I think he's 20, maybe 21) is dating Janet Jackson, who is 36!

dipster said:
I don't know if this is actually true or not, but today I heard that Justin Timberlake (I think he's 20, maybe 21) is dating Janet Jackson, who is 36!

thats such a lie- i hope!!!

Im 17, so my range is probably 15-24, although I hardly think Id be so... lucky... :rolleyes:... as to find a 24 yr old who would be like oh hey yeah :up: ... no... Realistically 15-19, although Im turning 18 in december so that may change things a little

Anyways, on the subject of people being with people much older than themselves, one of my former friends' friends was a bit of a slut... ok well a lot of a slut... and basically, she was fucking her boss who was ~45, some guy she met online from alberta ~35, and then a bunch of people from her highschool and university... so shes 18, has about 9 guys stringing along all at the same time, aging up to 45... I can honestly say THAT was one of the most disturbing and sickening things Ive ever heard...

Back
Top Bottom