How many of you have NOT been able to go to a concert in a while?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morty

Babyface
U2 was recently playing at Giants stadium, but between what the tickets cost, what my transportation there would cost from Brooklyn, it was just too much. Every time U2 comes around it seems that I just don't have the money to spend on them.

Anyone else have or been in a similar situation? I feel like the only one who has this problem!:sad:

Usually some sort of monetary/inconvenience problem comes up when there's a show I'd want to see. Mainly festivals, because they're so damn expensive. And the Pixies show here sold out pretty much immediately. U2 are a bit different since they don't come down here too often.

So yeah, don't fret it.

Hey morty, sorry to hear this. You are not the only with financial constraints, almost all of us are experiencing these problems.

If I may, I would like to give advice on the next best thing to do;

If you can't make the gigs, try to get together with a group of fans such as the ones that hang out here. I can tell you by experience that in most cases I've enjoyed the gatherings surrounding these concerts even more than the shows themselves.
The shows will last a couple of hours, but the gatherings can be for days and you get to meet incredible people that share the same love for the band and the music they provide.

Hope to see you in a gathering soon.

Sorry to hear you've had problems. What I do to avoid them is whenever the new album is announced, I start saving for the tour. Just putting away a little bit of money each month and in a year that'll be quite a bit. For this summer I pretty much barely ate at work to save money. :reject:

I had to sell my U2 ticket because of my financial situation. Sucked big time, but its all about priorities.

You're not alone, Morty. With this economy, I'm sure plenty of people are passing up going to concerts in order to pay bills, put food on the table, etc.

^I'm with you on that, had to sell my Vegas tickets due to financial reasons. Sucks big time. I'm going to see U2 next year if it kills me! The economy has GOT to look up! So no, Morty, you are not alone my friend.

I usually only go to about 1 or 2 shows a year now. U2 has been touring every four years, so usually that allows me enough time to save up for their shows. :wink:

I hear ya because I can only afford to see one concert per year because of the outrageous ticket and travel prices.
Another stinky part of the deal is Eastern, WA. gets mostly country or gospel performers and none of the good stuff.

Well, it looks like U2 are FINALLY coming to Minneapolis, but since my company is probably going to have yet another furlough soon I don't really feel like forking over a lot of money to go. It might be a different story if they were doing arenas again, but I don't like stadium shows. I guess it helps that I'm just not as obssessed with the band now as I was a few years back.

Hey morty, sorry to hear this. You are not the only with financial constraints, almost all of us are experiencing these problems.

If you can't make the gigs, try to get together with a group of fans such as the ones that hang out here. I can tell you by experience that in most cases I've enjoyed the gatherings surrounding these concerts even more than the shows themselves.
The shows will last a couple of hours, but the gatherings can be for days and you get to meet incredible people that share the same love for the band and the music they provide.

:up: :yes: FTW to ALL of what C posted.

I guess it helps that I'm just not as obsessed with the band now as I was a few years back.

Same here. I have already traveled to see them in years past, and have seen multiple shows on tours. This time- only one, and no traveling. They're not coming back near me next year, not so far. Even if I had the time and money I wouldn't do it..I've just changed and I have different priorities now. Plus in the past I went into too much credit card debt to do it and this time I didn't-so I don't have the stress of that hanging over my head, and I'm proud of myself . I went to see Bruce once too, in April. Those are the only two concerts I went to this year.

U2 shows are really the only concerts I ever go to unless it's something I get free tickets for at work (I work for a college). Plus I only ever do GA so that's often the cheapest price bracket. It is still expensive though, but I'm lucky I haven't had to miss out yet, just don't ever see any other groups play.

That's exactly my experiernce with the just finished Tori Amos tour, in Australia. I met some awesome people, which made the whole thing even better!

I used to go to concerts every few weeks when I was younger. Those days are well past now though. I try and see more comedy and stand up than anything, but hardly ever venture out for a concert. It doesn't bother me so much.
:)

I haven't got U2 tickets for Brussels, because I didn't have a penny at that time:sad:

But I went to see Europe a couple of weeks ago and after that we went to a blues cafe in Amsterdam, where we jammed with a blues band, whose bassplayer is in Laberinto! :rockon:

^ sounds like fun . . . even though I have no clue who Laberinto is / are :lol: *runstocheckgoogle*

< won't be going to a show any time soon cuz the boys are not heading to my part of the world yet :waiting: but I'm already getting excited about the thought of setlist parties later this year :nerd: :laugh:

I haven't got U2 tickets for Brussels, because I didn't have a penny at that time:sad:

But I went to see Europe a couple of weeks ago and after that we went to a blues cafe in Amsterdam, where we jammed with a blues band, whose bassplayer is in Laberinto! :rockon:

You could try posting a thread in the trade forum of the tour section, maybe someone has spares?

Never give up on tickets. If you don't have special preferences you will get some.

Never been to a concert before. I decided long ago that my very first concert would be a U2-concert whenever I would get the chance.

When the tickets came up for the two U2 360 Sweden-shows: I was in school, tickets were sold out in like an hour.
When the tickets came up for the show in Denmark: I was asleep, the tickets were all gone in no time.

U2 ain't getting younger, but I'll be seeing them some day, that I tell you! :sad:

For you the same: Never give up on tickets. That they are officially sold out doesn't mean anything. There is hundreds of ways to get tickets at face-value (never going for those rip offs at eBay et al.). For example, check the ticket vendors regularly. Often times, bulks of tickets get re-offered as those come back for various reasons.
Or check fansites such as interference etc. for people looking to trade tickets, or sell theirs.
And if all else fails, and you have to possibility to, go to the venue at the day of the concert. You will always find people trying to sell tickets.

^ :yes: . . . where there is a will there is a way :up: . . . and often times too the corporate seats that haven't been filled by sponsors will get offered around 3 or 4pm on concert day too . . . not quite the ga experience and often a little pricier than some but eh . . . if you can swing it A ticket in is better than no ticket at all . . . good luck guys :hug:

I hear ya because I can only afford to see one concert per year because of the outrageous ticket and travel prices.
Another stinky part of the deal is Eastern, WA. gets mostly country or gospel performers and none of the good stuff.

Well, then you should try the European prices. I paid 110 USD for a GA-ticket to the forthcoming show in Horsens...

:|Yeah, you are not the only one that has not been to a U2 concert in while! I had a Chi ticket for the 360 tour, but when it came to going, I finally got a job...and could not leave to go! bummer! i just don;t know if Ill make it to This coming tour......I just got another job but don;'t know if I'll have the $$ to go! I hope so!

I haven't been to a concert in 3 years. I'm 28. The last time I went to a concert (was a festival) I ruined my ears. I got tinnitus and hyperacusis (being oversensitive to sound). I'm not able to attend concerts anymore even with custom earplugs. I love music, I went to so many concerts, it was a huge part of my life. Now I can't do anything anymore. Even going to the movie theatre with plugs is hard. It sucks big time. My social life, which wasn't huge has been minimized to hardly nothing. Every fun thing includes music, sound or noise. When there is something in the city there is always some music playing which is too loud. Wherever you go there is music. I feel like a wreck lately, I have a 2 month holiday (I'm a teacher), I've hardly got friends. So I'm stuck at home all the time. I have stopped some kind of very light anti-depressants which I had to take for my tinnitus, but I gained 5 kilo's...so I quit them and try to loose the weight again. I feel really depressed lately. The only thing I do to fill my days is listening to music (thank god for cd's) and watch movies. :sad: I still live with my mother, she works very hard, has a difficult life too and I don't want to bother her with how I feel...I'm just hoping it will go over soon. I even took a holiday job for a month at a bookstore so I would have something to do, instead of wasting my time doing nothing and having negative thoughts all the time. I have some colleages with whom I have a drink every week and they're all nagging me, why aren't you going on a holiday. First of all I'm scared of flying because it could worsen the hyperacusis, second I'm single so who would go on a holiday, can't go alone. I'm not very talkative either and when I'm around them it's getting harder and harder to open my mouth. I even consider not going out for a drink anymore as well, because they probably think I'm boring. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom