How Do You Find What You are Looking For?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ava Adore

The Fly
Now to start, I am not looking for sympathy, so no sad smilie faces!!
biggrin.gif
Big grins please. Yes, only big grins.

I guess I am not even really looking for advice, but perhaps a little inspiration. I have been knocked down and I feel I have lost the strength to get back up. I know that I can, but it's hard. So much has changed in the last few weeks. So much that was so very important for me. Now I find all my dreams and hopes for the year ahead lost in some jumbled mess of confusion.

(what is with that new pop singer shakira? lo, sorry she just came on the TV. I don't know to like her or to hate her
confused.gif
)

Ok, focus. See! I lack focus. I guess what I am trying to say is, how do you all get back up? Find what you are looking for? (death bear is gonna kill me here...) I thought I knew it all, but now I am left with nothing and have to rediscover all the possibilities. I am not making any sense, and this isn't really a confession, but it seemed like good enough place.

I know you all have your stories, and I know that some of your stories are a hell of a lot more horrible than mine, so let me learn from you. I dunno, what helps you? is it a song? a book? a recipe? lol Anything!
biggrin.gif

And big grins please....

------------------
...the steam of my misfortunes, has given me the power to be afraid.

[This message has been edited by Ava Adore (edited 01-14-2002).]

Girl, I wish I could give you big grins, but I'm afraid I'm in the same spot as you at the moment.

I thought I had all this "piss and vinegar", but the last few weeks I have been in a very bad funk. I don't see it in any way getting better, but I have to keep telling myself there is a light at the end of the tunnel, if only I could get up to look for it. *sigh*

((((HUGS))))

Hope we both find what we are looking for, and the sooner the better.

cause im a lucky man
your a lucky woman.

you have everything going for you. maybe not right now, but things are going to change, they have to. you will win in the end, no doubt about it.

------------------
-death bear

music is what gets me through babe

im listening to the pumpkins live cover of Fleetwood Mac's 'Landslide' a LOT lately. Its so beautiful...

Download it Ava
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by zooropamanda (edited 01-14-2002).]

Here are the lyrics..

Landslide

i took my love, i took it down
climbed a mountain and i turned around
and i saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
'til the landslide brought it down
oh, mirror in the sky
-what is love?
-can the child within my heart rise above?
-can i sail thru the changin' ocean tides?
-can i handle the seasons of my life?
i don't know.....
well, i've been afraid of changin'
'cause i've built my life around you
but time makes you bolder
even children get older
and i'm getting older too
oh, take my love, take it down
climb a mountain and turn around
-and if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
well the landslide will bring it down
-and if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
well the landslide will bring it down
the landslide will bring it down

If anyone here does actually figure out how to find what you're looking for, please pass on the instructions this way...

And you're absolutely right manda, Landslide is indeed a beautiful song.

I don't know how I find what I'm looking for cause I don't know what I'm looking for. boy that was positive
biggrin.gif

I suck at advice, sorry
frown.gif

mostly I use escapism techniques to deal with things (ie music, books, tv, internet) which is really stupid and fails to accomplish anything at all. music is prolly the best though cos at least it gets me thinking..

haha Dieman, I just read what you said

doesn't interference seem like a stopping point for confused people trying to find something to you? the similarities between everybody here are really scary

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
doesn't interference seem like a stopping point for confused people trying to find something to you? the similarities between everybody here are really scary

So true BabyGrace, so true.

------------------
...the steam of my misfortunes, has given me the power to be afraid.

Usually I tend to use the typical mind-numbing techniques (books, movies, television, internet) to cope with a loss or confusion. Last year I tried something different when dealing with the most major and most painful loss in my life so far. I faced it full in the face, I let myself cry and think about it and write poetry and un-sent letters, etc. But I also gave myself an escape to look forward to. I planned a trip to Europe to be taken about six months out. And having that as a long-term goal to look forward to and to comfort myself with actually helped a great deal. So, I dunno. I guess my advice, if any, would be to face whatever it is and to go through the middle of it. Things will be better on the other side.
smile.gif

-sula

Back
Top Bottom