How do you deal with a bad case of senioritis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
F*** it. I just don't care anymore. F*** tests, homework, teachers, I've had enough of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

so. what do i do? :scratch: do i go with the flow or somehow figure out how to get off my lazy butt and do something about it?

i had enough starting in november when the first quarter ended. it doesn't matter at all from here on out especially. im not going to go fail classes and whatnot but im also not breaking my back anymore.

Hmm...... it seems I'm in the same boat, at least recently anyways...

not the skipping part, though I have been a little absent, but those sort of are with reasons......

Well, I guess you just have to sit down and make some decisions about what matters to you. What are the pros and cons, and what is the best way to use your time.

Senioritis can flame up. though, so be sure to keep it in check somehow. But also....

It's good to be a kid while you still can.

"my old man" always told me that. But I was never one to start any touble anyways, but still, I can see how it would have been more natural if I did.

So I guess you just have to ask yourself and find out.

Not to get too spiritual here, but I think this is one of those things where you and only you can decide what's right. Just be honest and let it come.

Oh yeah, and
keep dancing

:dance:

there shouldn't be too much longer.....
I'm very happy 2nd semester begins next week, and I have the rest of this week of!!!!!!!

:) :dance:

I really wish, though, I could have highschool over again and be a freshman in HS next year than in college.

I would do so much better now.

And it's mainly because I have so much more confidence now.
ANd honestly, in my freshman year, I didn't know what an Ivy League college was. I didn't have any drive, and if I did, I would have the highest AP courses and just done better overall. I really think if I took more challenging courses, I would have done better. I don't know why, but I am that way. But it's easy to say that now, after I've been through the mill.

College will be so much fun, whenever I do happen to go..... I don't know when that will be........ ........ ............ working hard on something that matters......... it sounds delightful.

I want to start implenting that attitude ASAP, but it's difficult with so much baggage. Nevertheless... 2nd semester will be interesting.....

I really wish, though, I could have highschool over again and be a freshman in HS next year than in college.

I would do so much better now.

And it's mainly because I have so much more confidence now.
ANd honestly, in my freshman year, I didn't know what an Ivy League college was. I didn't have any drive, and if I did, I would have the highest AP courses and just done better overall. I really think if I took more challenging courses, I would have done better. I don't know why, but I am that way. But it's easy to say that now, after I've been through the mill.

College will be so much fun, whenever I do happen to go..... I don't know when that will be........ ........ ............ working hard on something that matters......... it sounds delightful.

I want to start implenting that attitude ASAP, but it's difficult with so much baggage. Nevertheless... 2nd semester will be interesting.....

You know the trick is to apply yourself in all that you do, a job done poorly reflects poorly on you - so put in the effort now and then when your in college having the drive and determination will be second nature.

Doing the right thing even when it doesn't make a difference in the long run is the mark of a great man or in this case woman.

That's good advice.......

What do they say?

A true test of character is what you do when no one is looking?
Something like that.

It all depends on the kind of person you want to be.

Interestingly I was a crappy student in high school but a very good student in college. Well, I still had the tendency to see if I could pass a class without ever cracking the book (and I majored in lit. :ohmy: ), but for the most part I did really well in college.

Why I wrote that is that I'm not all that sure that how you get through high school is all that indicative of how you will do in college, so I wouldn't sweat your case of senioritis.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, the answer to "Could I pass classes without ever cracking the book?" is yep! :D

second semester you just have to make sure you don't fail anything, or at least nothing you'd need the credit for. you've already sent your transcript and should be accepted somewhere by then, it won't affect your gpa in terms of scholarships and whatnot. i actually dared to make a C in one of my classes that year!

i'd been accepted with a full scholarship by thanksgiving so i knew it didn't matter. but let's not go there. :|

indra said:
Interestingly I was a crappy student in high school but a very good student in college. Well, I still had the tendency to see if I could pass a class without ever cracking the book (and I majored in lit. :ohmy: ), but for the most part I did really well in college.

Why I wrote that is that I'm not all that sure that how you get through high school is all that indicative of how you will do in college, so I wouldn't sweat your case of senioritis.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, the answer to "Could I pass classes without ever cracking the book?" is yep! :D
I'm jealous of you. High school, I was an average student. College, I'm set to graduate this spring as an average student. Ironically, seems as though the last year of school is the biggest pain in the butt. I can't wait to get a real job. I don't even care if it means getting up early, it's worth it to me.

Wait until senioritis in college. :|

I'm struggling with that myself, so my advice is...go watch Gerry Butler movies. That's what I plan to do, class be damned.

Back
Top Bottom