hours awake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
right now... 18:30, I've completed 35 hours awake... all because of a damm workshop exam. I study Advertising...

In 2 years, this is the 9th time I've "passed", like I like to call it... it's the 2nd time this year...

I once almost made it to 40 hrs... but morpheus came (no, no pills, thanks)

But have I been awake for 35 hrs???

Last night, watching TV I slept for 10 mins and on the Bus back from the U, I slept like 3 times for 2 to 5 minutes... but I don't count that.. do you?

that...

When I was doing my A Level sociology coursework I didn't sleep for over 60 hours. :reject: By the end of it my co-ordination had deteriorated to the point where I walked into everything and my sanity had deteriorated to the point where I walked around the school computer room singing a Take That song and wondered why people were staring.

It was all worth it when I got my grade A though. :D

So..um..the moral of this story is that sleep deprivation is bad for you, but if it means you get good grades it's worth it. Unless you start singing Take That songs, in which case the damage to your reputation may outweigh the benefits of good grades. :|

I wont be getting any sleep this weekend... which means i guess I shouldn't be here and try to cram for my last final...

Caffeine is absolutely useless!!:|

42 hours i believe is the most i've spent without any sleep whatsoever.

i've gone a whole week on 8 and a half hours of sleep.

but fizbees' 60 hours scares the crap out of me!!

:lol:

nah...after about 38 you cease to notice how long you've been awake so you don't whine. you don't know what time or day it is either, though...

or atleast that's been my experience.

yay for sociology!

FizzingWhizzbees said:
When I was doing my A Level sociology coursework I didn't sleep for over 60 hours. :reject: By the end of it my co-ordination had deteriorated to the point where I walked into everything and my sanity had deteriorated to the point where I walked around the school computer room singing a Take That song and wondered why people were staring.

It was all worth it when I got my grade A though. :D

So..um..the moral of this story is that sleep deprivation is bad for you, but if it means you get good grades it's worth it. Unless you start singing Take That songs, in which case the damage to your reputation may outweigh the benefits of good grades. :|

:lmao:

I'm the kind of person who needs a lot of sleep, so i think the longest i've ever gone is probably about 27 hours, and I've only done that about 2 times.

senior year in high school... i slept a whole weekend from friday evening to monday morning... with one small meal inbetween, and then back to sleep... ahhh, what drugs and depression will do to you.

almost every time that I "pass", the day before I wake up around 8, 9 AM... so... the "critical" hours are from 1 AM to 4 AM... between there you can fall asleep, but if you pass those hours, a new day starts, the sun comes up, and you feel really energetic, you don't fall asleep.... the next critical hours are from 4PM to 8PM... that's when your knees start to feel like you're floating... it's really great :wink:

The longest I've been awake is about 36 hours during a hockey tournament. 13 refereed games in one day from 6 AM till 12 PM and I had to work till 3AM the day before. So it was about 1PM Friday till about 1AM Saturday.

In design school there'd be times when there would be several of us who'd pull all nighters back to back. I don't know exactly the longest I've spent awake I'd say it's close to Fizz's 60 hours. Actually the delusional part is fun for awhile especially when several of your peers are in the same boat, but it's also very dangerous. I'd drive back home to take a shower so I'd be fresh for our crits and I once fell asleep at a stop sign...once in a shower...

The following days felt like a hangover, even though I wouldn't drink a drop.

Back
Top Bottom