Here goes...maybe...a boob lift?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drumkeeran

War Child
Upstate NY, USA - own personal Bono pleaser
This would be the type of thing you write about in this forum right??

I given this much consideration and after numerous nudgings from my dear hubby...I shocked him the other day and called for a consultation with a plastic surgeon.

Same old story...three breastfed children later... my bags are saggy!! While they've never had much volume, the volume has spread closer to the navel than I would like. Bras are wonderful things in this day and age, but I guess if my hubby wants to pay for these, and I do love him dearly...

I think I will make him make an equal donation to the Jane Goodall Institute and/or African Well Fund.

Ready for the flames...just seeing if I can take it :D

A mastopexy only or w/ implants?

It's about what you want and what risks you are willing to take for how you want to feel about yourself.

I personally would totally consider a lift, but only that, not the implants. I like the donation matching the cost idea :up:

No flames from me Heather, just make sure you do it for yourself and not because your husband hinted around about it. If it will make you feel better about yourself, go for it.

If you really want this then go for it dude, i really like the donation idea. But, like Bono's American Wife said up there, don't do it if its just for your husband. Your putting yourself through a big thing, and you have to do it for you and no one else. Good luck :up:

I'm going to be giving this a whole lot of thought when we're finished with feeding babies. Well, when I'm finished, anyway :D My husband has also offered to pay for it on the promise that I absolutely want to do it. Wow, this feels weird talking about it in here :lol: But no, really, I'd love a lift. I dont need more. The fact I have enough to begin with is part of the reason why I want them lifted a few feet upward. I actually suspect I will be told i am not suitable for this kind of operation, anyway, as my reasons may not be the best. I confess to not knowing exactly what the reasons are which make someone suitable, but mine is an intense dislike for what gravity has done, and this is not limited to the glad bags, but everything. My stomach, anything that can droop has done. They'll probably think I am on the verge of being one of those addicts to surgery, afterall all this caper is nature. We cant fight it. I think for this I'll be told to go away. if so, I'll just roll my boobs back up and walk away.
:shrug:

:up: Only do it for yourself and do the lift, not implants. Excellent idea also about matching the $ donation thing too! Good luck to you and do take your time in your decision making phase!

I agree with what has been posted. Do it for yourself, make sure you are ready and comfortable with your decision. But are we talking about a lift or implants? I don't know much about these things!

I agree with everyone else. Lifts are okay, implants are not.

Remember, you don't just get implants once, you have to replace them once (or more) a decade, and even though they're a lot more safe than they were, there's no guaruntees that you can still get away from poisoning and/or severe infections. Implants aren't a one-time investment, they need continual investment, and always come with a heavy risk attached. If your husband pushes you in that direction, have him do some research for you (and do some yourself). I think he'll find that he'd rather have a wife who can walk and who still has breasts than one who needs a mastectomy and spends years in agonizing disability.

I have no problem with a boob lift and/or implants. If it's what you want, do it.
I feel the same way about the donation. You shouldn't feel guilty and have to donate $$ that you otherwise would not have. Plastic surgery and charity should be done b/c of how you feel, not because of how others make you feel.

:hug:

Thanks for all the support...:giggle:.

Actually, I wouldn't have made the appointment for the consult if I didn't feel comfortable about the procedure for myself.

(*)(*) - is definitely the way to go. We've got so much maintenance stuff. I'm leaning towards no implants.

I'll let you know how the consult goes, for those interested.

Mr. Baw :lol:

i say go through with it all the way if it would improve your self-image and ultimately your self-esteem. :up:

i myself had a breast reduction done a few years back. it's one of the best things i've done for myself (though not all the males i'd known pre-op would agree :sexywink:). i loathed my large breasts (which suddenly developed into D cups virtually overnight when i was around 17/18). i have a petite frame and they discouraged me from being physically active (i'm a runner) for a long time. plus, clothes shopping was an absolute bitch.

i'm sure recovering from most cosmetic procedures is no walk in the park, but healing from traditional breast reduction surgery takes a while and is extremely uncomfortable to say the least.

boobs5.gif

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom