Help Me Win Back My Ex-GF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

basically yeah youre right

if that woman is energized enough to do stupid funny things, jump up into the air because she´s happy, drive through the supermarket on the trolley, if she´s a woman who can also be like a kid, who gets excited about flowers and bees, and loves to dance and go out, and needs sex everyday, also is a lady, plus travels the seven seas, that´s what I would like

LOL, you'd be susprised how many women our age are still "energized" enough to do all that.
You're really making we wonder which environments you frequent to have you wonder about this. :ohmy:
You're the same age!

the soul waits said:

LOL, you'd be susprised how many women our age are still "energized" enough to do all that.
You're really making we wonder which environments you frequent to have you wonder about this. :ohmy:
You're the same age!

oh absolutely I agree.. I didn´t mean they had no energy to do all that at a certain age, its not such an age thing.. I mean more like having innocent fun.. doing what you want to do at the moment, spontaneously, not thinking about the consequences a lot; this is a certain aspect of life that I connect more with a girl who´s 18 than with a woman who´s 28. On the other hand, crucify me, I absolutely want a woman who does know what she wants. But she should be just as crazy nuts as me.

hmmh maybe I make you wonder ;) thing is you know I´m just speaking about what happened to me! Really, there were women who told me not to drive with the trolley in the supermarket because to them "that looks like a kid, not like a man".

I met women who told me that they don´t like men who are nice all the time. Women who grumble at you when you say they´re sweet - they don´t want to be sweet.

I am a musician, and there were women who didn´t like when I started to sing on the street. There also were women who told me "once you´re not that attractive anymore like you are now, I will skip you - I want a man who is always attractive". I was with women who made a drama when I was not pulling the money from the ATM machine (to invite them to the opera house) fast enough. Basically I guess I also was in a relation where I did everything and anything, and it still wasn´t enough in the end.

At that time, I was shy in relations.. with just about anybody I wouldn´t have a problem to say "fuck you, I like to go on the trolley or sing whenever I want to if that´s not man enough that´s your problem" - with her I didn´t say so. I couldn ´t get myself to reply when I was hurt. Its still like that, I am very unbalanced I guess, when things hurt me I´m just quiet (when its someone who I love) or I just walk away.

Not to come off negative now; there were lots of women who told me beautiful great things, who truly understand me and all, so its all good, and basically I had great times. Just to make it clear that what I speak is experience not just arrogance.

Last edited:

oh absolutely I agree.. I didn´t mean they had no energy to do all that at a certain age, its not such an age thing.. I mean more like having innocent fun.. doing what you want to do at the moment, spontaneously, not thinking about the consequences a lot; this is a certain aspect of life that I connect more with a girl who´s 18 than with a woman who´s 28. On the other hand, crucify me, I absolutely want a woman who does know what she wants. But she should be just as crazy nuts as me.

hmmh maybe I make you wonder ;) thing is you know I´m just speaking about what happened to me! Really, there were women who told me not to drive with the trolley in the supermarket because to them "that looks like a kid, not like a man".

I met women who told me that they don´t like men who are nice all the time. Women who grumble at you when you say they´re sweet - they don´t want to be sweet.

I am a musician, and there were women who didn´t like when I started to sing on the street. There also were women who told me "once you´re not that attractive anymore like you are now, I will skip you - I want a man who is always attractive". I was with women who made a drama when I was not pulling the money from the ATM machine (to invite them to the opera house) fast enough. Basically I guess I also was in a relation where I did everything and anything, and it still wasn´t enough in the end.

Not to come off negative now; there were lots of women who told me beautiful great things, who truly understand me and all, so its all good. Just to make it clear that what I speak is experience not just arrogance.

I can follow your reasoning, thanks for elaborating :) I guess everyone has their stories to tell.
I've dated men who tried to make me believe I wasn't capable of achieving anything by myself, men who - totally opposite - clung to me and my athletic achievements and sucked the energy right out of me like a leech, while getting more insecure with every progression I made. UGH. And then I've dated the pseudo-intellectual, the lying cheater and the agressive type.
Yahoo!
Needless to say I'm a happy single woman now :) I'm trying to stay away from bitterness though because it brings me down more than it's worth it.

You know what? I LOVE a man who brings out the goofy kid in me, who I can do silly crazy stuff with (preferably in public, I always get a kick out of seeing people frown at first and then bending over backwards to NOT break out in the laugh they're trying to hold back because they secretly think it's damn funny ;) )

Convention can kiss my ass 90% of the time - still I have a solid carreer I'm investing a lot of time in. I love juggling the two.

Musician, huh?

Yep, musician, lots of music in my life ;)

So you´re from Belgium? I remember when I was there.. sth like 17, 18 yrs ago. Good food. Nice squares. Incredibly nice people, very sociable kind of; I especially remember one dinner at one of those nice places and everyone was drinking beer and laughing.

What kind of athletic achievements/ sport?

Yes, I live in Belgium, born and raised. It's pretty nice here, allthough it gets a bit claustrophobic sometimes, this country is tiny!
Beer and food :) that about sums us up, lol.

Where do you live? For some reason I seem to remember that you live/lived in South-Africa?

I competed in fitness for over 5 years, nationally and internationally. I did my last contest in October 2004 and am now concentrating on taking over my dad's business.

In fitness :D :D :up:

Then let me emphathize that what I said before "Im just not the person who visits a fitness center where everyone is so fresh clean and healthy" is complete and utter nonsense. lol. (Actually I visited a fitness center for 2 months but that´s a long, long time ago..)

No, I don´t live in South Africa. I am from Vienna, Austria :wave:

Nice to meet you :)

We're SO getting off-topic here :wink: I hope it's not bothering anyone.

Nice to meet you too :)

Lol, where the flip did I get the South African idea? Maybe from your Lemonade Stand-pix? :shrug:

So..Vienna? Did you see U2 then recently?
I saw them in Brussels and in Amsterdam. :)

Hehe, your fitness-remark made me smile (2 months a long long time ago in a land far, far away).
The clean, healthy fitness-image is just that - an image. As with all competitive sports, we are overtrained, under-nutritioned (diet with little variety) etc. The "health"-factor is the first to go flying out of the window when it comes to competing. Sad but true.
I absolutely loved it though and savoured every minute of it.

Now, I'm working out for health and joy, albeit less frequent than I used to and I savour a drink, a late night and a general laidback-ness :)

My brother is a musician as well, bless him. What kind of music do you play, are you in a band?

Maybe I have mentioned sometime that I´ve been to South Africa -the only connection I have to that beautiful country.

Unfortunately, I wasn´t able to get U2 tickets this time, but I´ve seen them 3 times, so I can live with that.. a U2 concert in Amsterdam must be great, I really like the Netherlands too!

How you are describing the fitness competitions; you hear of anabolica etc., but one doesn´t imagine it´s even unhealthy to a certain extent.

I play all sorts of music, at the moment I´m not in band, but did a couple of bands. I do this and that studio project right now, but yeah, I would definitely like to play live again (my ideal band would include a full fledged horn section). Instruments I play: piano, keys, programming drums and all the other stuff come to think of it.. styles: everything from blues&jazz and romantic piano pieces over rock and soul and funk up to remixes in the current dance music styles, drum´n´bass, trip-hop and the like.

Yes, it seems we are kinda hijacking this thread.. :wink: why don´t we switch to email.. kwikstep (at) gmx (dot) net -drop me a line will ya :)

For Honor said:

Oh, and tell me her and your own date of birth, why don't you. Just a little thing I've picked up over the years...

yeah, i'll play along:

mine -- August 18, 1988

her's -- June 9, 1988

Maybe I have mentioned sometime that I´ve been to South Africa -the only connection I have to that beautiful country.

Unfortunately, I wasn´t able to get U2 tickets this time, but I´ve seen them 3 times, so I can live with that.. a U2 concert in Amsterdam must be great, I really like the Netherlands too!

How you are describing the fitness competitions; you hear of anabolica etc., but one doesn´t imagine it´s even unhealthy to a certain extent.

I play all sorts of music, at the moment I´m not in band, but did a couple of bands. I do this and that studio project right now, but yeah, I would definitely like to play live again (my ideal band would include a full fledged horn section). Instruments I play: piano, keys, programming drums and all the other stuff come to think of it.. styles: everything from blues&jazz and romantic piano pieces over rock and soul and funk up to remixes in the current dance music styles, drum´n´bass, trip-hop and the like.

Yes, it seems we are kinda hijacking this thread.. :wink: why don´t we switch to email.. kwikstep (at) gmx (dot) net -drop me a line will ya :)

Will do :)

:up: :applaud:

It's totally possible to be *childlike* without being *childish*

update:

i called her today, just a couple hours ago actually. i was driving, so i wasn't really paying that much attention. she sounded happy that i called, she wasn't pissed off that i hadn't called back in so long. i asked her if she was busy tomorrow, and she said yeah, she had to do blah blah blah. then she asked, "why, what are you doing?" and i replied "ahh. . .many, many things." she playfully responded, "oh, you ass, just tell me." i told her i had to go and that was that.

well, that's great.

-----------------------
that's all I was going to post, but then again, I figured I'd spend a little more time.

As far as "your birthdays" go, you two seem to be alright. But she's a gemeni, so she probably likes to have a lot of things going at once. I'm that way, in a way.. but lets not talk about that.

Essentially, if you can get her to focus on you, then I'd say go for it. I didn't have time to get too far into anything, I've been busy myself with one thing, or many many others, so to say....

But I don't know, I still like my "direct approach" idea.
It may not even be fitting yet, but when you get the oppertunity, just find out what's going on.

Do you know what's going on?
If you do, explain it to us, thoroughly...

discothequeLP said:
update:

i called her today, just a couple hours ago actually. i was driving, so i wasn't really paying that much attention. she sounded happy that i called, she wasn't pissed off that i hadn't called back in so long. i asked her if she was busy tomorrow, and she said yeah, she had to do blah blah blah. then she asked, "why, what are you doing?" and i replied "ahh. . .many, many things." she playfully responded, "oh, you ass, just tell me." i told her i had to go and that was that.

Not bad. :up:

Keep us posted on whether you end up inviting her for ice cream or something like that.

U2@NYC said:

Not bad. :up:

Keep us posted on whether you end up inviting her for ice cream or something like that.

i know what to do, but sometimes i just can't do it. like, for example, today. i had a sudden urge to call her up later today and ask her to hang out. i could easily spend hours with her or talking on the phone, but i know i can't. this sucks, but i hope it works.

discothequeLP said:

i know what to do, but sometimes i just can't do it. like, for example, today. i had a sudden urge to call her up later today and ask her to hang out. i could easily spend hours with her or talking on the phone, but i know i can't. this sucks, but i hope it works.

Man, seriously, follow your guts and call her when you feel like it. And don't make excuses about what you're gonna be doing when she asks you.
Honesty.
Good luck.

That is quite interesting. I am all into that question childlike or childish. So, i am 32 and i am telling you,i am more innocent and childlike then many youg girls of 18, even less!
Because, that innocence is like essence in me. That is why i found myself so completely in early u2- What do u Think?
Is it just part of ...dont wnat to grow up , like Shirley Manson said When i grow up illl be stable:| Same here.

discothequeLP said:

yeah, but i just can't help it sometimes

Let me tell you a story.

I dated a girl for 6 years (From sophmore yr of college forward.) After school we lived together for 2 years. Then it went to shit. She left me. Stone cold. Gone 1 day. I was nuts for 6 months. Called her, hung out w/ her and her friends. Kept thinking if I tried, I'd get her back.

Fast forward 6 months. I'd met a new girl. Spent ALOT of time with her. Hadn't called the Ex in months. The nite I tell my new girl I love her, my Ex calls. She's crying, and asks "is it really over? we're never getting back together? I still love you."
Fucking freaky timing really. Now I'm gonna marry my new girl, and I'm still friends with the Ex, but I realise, if I'd ignored the Ex for 6 months, I'd have gotten her back. :yikes:

Loves a bitch.

that's quite a story, brau. great timing too, i really needed to read it tonight. i feel like total shit. i was just about to call her and spill my guts when i found your post. thanks :up:

discothequeLP said:
that's quite a story, brau. great timing too, i really needed to read it tonight. i feel like total shit. i was just about to call her and spill my guts when i found your post. thanks :up:

Everyone told me to ignore her. I finally did it on accident, cause I met a new girl. But it was funny to see the advise of almost everyone I knew play out perfect. If I'd wanted her back, I could have had her.

Be strong. If it's meant to be, it will be.

But don't wait, get as much ass as you can.

People are fools

They don't know what they want until it's gone, and then once they realize it, their reduced spirit leaves them open to advances from all sorts of things.

MrBrau - good advice.
If it's mean to be it's meant to be

But we all have to do what is right for us, and be honest about it. That is the only way, I've seen, people can honestly be happy with themselves.

Don't, say, marry someone for any reason other than you want to spend the rest of your life with that person, and work togerther (or other vairient - that was for sake of example).

Even a noble deed... can... destroy others

if it is out of insincerity

MrBrau1 said:

Everyone told me to ignore her. I finally did it on accident, cause I met a new girl. But it was funny to see the advise of almost everyone I knew play out perfect. If I'd wanted her back, I could have had her.

Be strong. If it's meant to be, it will be.

But don't wait, get as much ass as you can.

Awesome post. Thanks for the advice and the encouragemtn Brau1.

alrgith, so i haven't talked to her since that short conversation on wednesday (?). she send me a text message today. it says,

"Are we friends? You don't talk to me for over a week. . . call and ask what i'm doing then hang up. . . so i was just wondering if you could let me know. I have another friend who does the same thing and its annoying as hell so please i ask you nicely are we friends yes or no"

i dont know if i'm gonna call her sometime this week or something, maybe try again with the ice cream thing, but i dont think i should. myabe i'll just let her fume for a little longer. . . i didnt know she'd be so emotional about this, jeez. . .

discothequeLP said:
alrgith, so i haven't talked to her since that short conversation on wednesday (?). she send me a text message today. it says,

"Are we friends? You don't talk to me for over a week. . . call and ask what i'm doing then hang up. . . so i was just wondering if you could let me know. I have another friend who does the same thing and its annoying as hell so please i ask you nicely are we friends yes or no"

i dont know if i'm gonna call her sometime this week or something, maybe try again with the ice cream thing, but i dont think i should. myabe i'll just let her fume for a little longer. . . i didnt know she'd be so emotional about this, jeez. . .

Ask her out on the ice cream thing and do the superficial comments I suggested. She is getting intrigued so it sounds like the perfect timing.

But never ever be friends with a girl you like, it is just too painful. If things do not progress, let her go.

Back
Top Bottom