heartache

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thebicycle

The Fly
My girlfriend for over a year dropped me the other day and its really taking its toll. We were extremely close and were at a very serious level. She stil wants to hang out and talk and stuff but just not be together. well i guess all i have to say is it sucks.

any advice?

Did she say she wanted a break or be totally broken up? If she wants to hang out after you guys have broken up, that is a bit much. It's really unfair for you to have to wait for her to make up her mind. I say take a break from thinking about her by going out with friends, do new things, etc. etc. I know that's easy to say but you can't sit and mope around. I hope that helps somewhat. :hug:

P.S. I'm sorry that she broke your heart. :hug:

Yeah, keep yourself busy with activities, and don't think. Remove sentimental things from getting in your way - pictures, whatever.

Relationships, especially from a male standpoint, can make you soft. Make yourself tougher again, and learn to not be depandant on other people for your happiness.

Regardless of how your 'relationship' turns out, I'd recommend keeping such things in mind, especially if this is one of your first "experiences"

:shrug:

Awwww Im really sorry :hug: My guy broke it off with me before and we still remained best friends. Have to admit though it was hard as hell to deal with it. You talk to and see that person and you are constantly reminded of when you were in a relationship together. Go with the advice of the others and stay busy that will honestly really help. It's ok to give into your emotions at times but don't let them overtake you.

Thanks guys. It helps. I know everyone says to just act like i dont care, but its just so hard. And she gives out crazy mixed signals all the time. Shell call me and want to hang out and stuff and everything just seems perfect and we even kiss and tell each other we love each other when i leave. its just so twighlight zone to me kind of. But i'm just trying to concentrate on being mr. cool though. I just imagine i have fly glasses on all day and it makes me feel pretty invincible.

By theway u2girl1978. 12/5 is in boston right? I saw them the second night in boston on the first leg with out of control for the first time and uteotw and bad closer. It was a little crazy. were you there?

For Honor said:
"boys don't cry"

.... but I did, because I'm a man. Boys don't love, men do.
So there's nothing wrong with feeling down. It's a sign of maturity to have the ability to care for another in that way, I believe.

thebicycle said:
By theway u2girl1978. 12/5 is in boston right? I saw them the second night in boston on the first leg with out of control for the first time and uteotw and bad closer. It was a little crazy. were you there?

Yup 12/5 is in boston. I was there at all the Boston shows and all the Chicago shows in May. :D It was awesome because it was my first time seeing them!

she obviously doesnt know what she wants if she wants to be broken up and maintain a relationship like that afterwards. Breaking up means breaking up. Not playing with the other persons heart
If I were you I wouldnt put myself through the pain of being confused and dealing with mixed signals. Maybe ask her to make a decision on whether or not she really wants to be in a relationship with you.

Back
Top Bottom