Have you ever contemplated suicide???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:
You weren't born stupid, you aren't stupid.

Have I contemplated it? Yes, more than contemplated, but that was a long time ago.

I hate to sound like one of those people who quote U2 songs on a U2 message board, but Bono actually has some good insight in Stuck in a Moment...

That's really what it is, if you think about it...

If you look at people who have, the majority wouldn't go through with it if they had just half an hour of hindsight...

:up:

I don't know if I have anything to add that other people haven't already. Yeah I've contemplated suicide, I get depressed, it happens. I should probably be on medication. But life moves on.

As for you, you don't strike me as being stupid, and that's saying something because I don't know if you've noticed but a lot of people on the internet are morons :wink: (not so much here though, luckily) Seriously though, even if you do have a learning disability or whatever (which I wouldnt be able to tell based on your posts), that doesn't mean you're stupid. There are many, many measures of intelligence. that is only one small factor and it is beyond your control. nothing to be ashamed of.

I hope you can get the help you need Justin. your teachers sound like jerks and not the kind of people that should be teaching.

Angela Harlem, THANKS! Was that work? Hehe... GOOD LUCK with the Samaritan thing, Justin! Hopefully these posts put your esteem where it should be and the posts are also directing you with advice regarding the suicide. I'm just sad that I just have to be there for you via internet rather than being there in PERSON.
Loves ya!

Justin24 said:
Looking back over my life I may have tried but never have 4 times. No pill popping, more of the knife to chest actually. When I was younger I had to take special education classes. I would be called dumb by my teachers (especially in the Special ed classes)

I have asked god many time why I was born stupid and why not take my life. At times I would go into my closet and cry wishing for a quick death. I have never told this to my mom, because I don't want her to ever worry. To this day, although I don't dare try and kill my self, I do get into a depressive state when I see others who are better educated than me and do better than me and ask god why I am cursed. Is this a game he plays on me.
MY BROTHER WAS JUST LIKE YOU.HE IS THE GREATEST GUY I KNOW.KIDS TEASED HIM WHEN WE WERE YOUNG AND HE WOULD KICK THE SHIT OUT OF THEM.BUT BEHIND THAT TOUGHNESS IS A SAINT!

I forgot to tell you that he also wanted to end it all,but that passed after school.He got married and has beautiful kids.Always have pride in yourself and the rest of the crap will not seem so heavy.When your in your thirties you will understand!

Justin,

I can relate to you because I think of suicide every day. I have no self-esteem. Basically, I am an utter loser. I am the ugliest-looking guy in the world. I have a big nose, a skinny face, a long neck, and balding. I am still a virgin, still live at home, never will have a girlfriend, get married or have kids and probably will be alone for the rest of my life. So if you think you've got it bad, think of me and that will cheer you up. Sometimes, I wish I can just fall asleep and never wake up. Sometimes, I feel like just driving off into the river. I have my good days and I have my bad days. Will I ever be cured of this depression? It's up to me. I realize that. Just like it's up to you. You're young, you got a lot to live for. Try to keep yourself occupied with whatever passion you have, whether it's U2's music or whatever. You're a good person. Always remember that. And always remember that people will always care about you, no matter what.

:hug:

:hug: joerags, well put and very nice. As for yourself, I wish you the best and hope that you can turn the bad days into good days. I know it's difficult, but you can do it if you want to.

I second that joerags!! I'm so sure that you will overcome your depression, seriously. I have such a cliché advice for you... It may sound so corny, but it really seems to help. You need to learn to love yourself. What will help you do that? Well, here it comes. Take a card or a piece of paper. Write down words that describe yourself in a positive way (even though that may be hard, lord knows how hard we can be on ourselves!!) or put down something like: 'think happy thoughts', 'think positive', and put that on your mirror. As you face yourself in the mirror everyday, tell yourself at least once a day that you love yourself. It sounds really really cheap, but it has helped many people so far... At first, you won't believe yourself, but you will, trust me...

I know I've thought about suicide as well in the past... But I got help, and I cannot believe that I was this shy, pessimistic, afraid-of-the-world girl a couple of years ago. I've changed, so much... Got out of my depression and I'm standing with both feet in this world. Of course there are still things that get me down from time to time, but I know I will manage, eventually!!

To all people in this thread that suffer from a depression or think about suicide occasionnally, please try to think about getting some professional help. I, for one know that the step to get that help is the hardest. You're thinking to yourself: 'what will people think?' 'how will this affect me?' , but you have nothing to be afraid of. People who will think that you're :coocoo: going to look for professional help, are NOT WORTH thinking about!! They know nothing about life, really.

:hug: to everyone here...

And a last wish: don't ever, EVER think of giving up, because life will turn around for you, I know that. How on earth, do you think, would an 18-year-old-girl know this? Well, I just do :) My feelings almost never betrayed me before, and life just isn't meant to keep hurting people, although you (and I) may have believed that before.

Enough of my rambling now :|

Last edited:
I can relate to alot of you on this topic. I've been in the same situation since I was a kid. I've made it through okay. I...umm, I have some words of encouragement to those depressed or thinking about suicide. It's not much but maybe it might help someone here. I don't know.

Sometimes when you're depressed, it is best to look to the world inside you. If inside, you're a good person then the world is simply playing with shadows in the pale moonlight. The things you think you see are only there if you allow others to narrow your vision. If you open your mind you can see the world as an empty canvas. And if you close your eyes you can feel the world spinning just as your life spins out of control. In that way you're never really alone. Look at the stars sometime. Some of them aren't there anymore yet they still hang in the sky. They will never know what wonders they have created in us. It's the failure of this universe that we will never know what effect we had on others. But if you live to the fullest with compassion and kindness you will get a glimpse of your effect. When you do touch someone you hang in thier sky forever. I think that's something worth living for.

I think contemplating suicide is something that all human beings do at some point in life. Wondering about ending one's existance is as natural as wondering about one's birth or natural death.

If you're actually actively thinking about it repeatedly, however, it's time to get some help. Suicide is the worst, most vile, despicable thing you could do to your family and friends. It's just damn selfish.

Back
Top Bottom