Has a stranger/s ever touched you in a way you've never been touched before?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Ya know.......in an emotional way?

Im talking about one encounter with a person you never ever saw again..............anyone?

I've had the experience and boy was it something!

Let me tell you about it:

1 - This one time (gawd I think I told ya'all this one!) I was in a lovely shop called Discovery (sells odd things and candles) and it was Christman '01 I think and I was in asking if they had any 'home-made jams' left and she pointed over to a basket and away I went over and hunted away for something nice for mum. After a few minutes I just, looked up, and looking straight at me was the most unbelievably attractive man I had ever laid eyes on in my lifetime yet!!!!! He looked sooooo like actor Kenneth Branagh (as Branagh is in film 'The Proposition') and he just took my breath away! He was looking straight at me and I think he maybe thought 'she looks nice' until he saw my face!!! :lol: anyway, I can tell you now shivers truly ran down my back and I have never felt the same way about seeing any other guy since him............whoever he was, I have to thank him for making me feel like that.....just that one time!

2 - Standing at a bus stop looooong time ago, in Central Town, this lad comes up to me and just out of the blue said 'You know, you've got a beautiful smile' - and I was like :ohmy: - he must have seen me standing grinning or something.........and he was like 'Im serious Im serious, you have a lovely smile!' and the bus came and I was blushing and had to get on it and sat by window and suddenly he approached the window and just looked right at me for like 5 mins!!!!!!! I did not look anywhere near him and after a moment he just disappeared......heck maybe he was a weirdo but sure as heck for that moment he made my day just by saying that!

3 - This 40 something woman in a hairdresses looked a dead ringer for actress Helen (surname wont come to me!) (English Actress) and I could see her via my mirror and she looked fuking amazing, like someone who's face should be on the big screen and would light it up! She was smoking too, and I just felt the urge to tell her how amazing she looked...........even I found her attractive! I could NOT take my eyes off her and wanted to just worship her!

Cant think of any more true stories for now................but these 3 pple genuinly touched my heart!

Anyone here got any?

:)

:wave:

:D

I was drunk at a party in college and passed out in a closed. Some girl was supposed to meet her boyfriend in there, and she though I was him. In the darkness she gave me a great gift, and I never saw her again.

Serious. Totally true story.:happy:

I was riding the C-Train home one day (our local public light-rail transit) and this old aboriginal man was sitting across from me. He stared at me for almost half an hour, while I was content to remain focused on the scenery outside. Shortly before I was to get off the train, the man told me "You know, you're going to do something great with your life." To that I said thank you, and he continued to say... "you're better than all these idiots... you're a special case". After trying to defend the integrity of the other passengers, the man concluded with... "just do your best, and don't disappoint me."

I've never seen the guy since, but I'll always remember that. He wasn't some crazy fellow who was a regular resident of the train, he was just on his way home from grocery shopping... and decided that the young man sitting in front of him had more potential than anyone he had ever seen.

It still inspires me today to strive harder, and achieve more than "regular folk". I just hope that I won't disappoint him.

:up:

Last edited:
i met an older man in Dingle Ireland last May while drinking at a local pub. he asked me what i do for a career and i told him my profession. he told me something that i will never forget and something that i told a lot of people when i came home and have taken his words wisely. he told me "that is the problems with most americans, you are money driven and do not take enough time away from work to appreciate the finer things in life. live the life the way you want and do not let work and greed take over your existance." :up: and he bought me a pint of guinness to toast. his words really meant a lot to me at that time but i do believe he had a great point. i of course never saw him again but i did get my picture taken with him because he was so kind and protective of me and my friend that evening. :) he made sure to protect us at this pub from some of the drunks and would step in between any conversations that involved some of the guys getting well a little too aggressive with us. :heart: :angel:

cujo said:
I was riding the C-Train home one day (our local public light-rail transit) and this old aboriginal man was sitting across from me. He stared at me for almost half an hour, while I was content to remain focused on the scenery outside. Shortly before I was to get off the train, the man told me "You know, you're going to do something great with your life." To that I said thank you, and he continued to say... "you're better than all these idiots... you're a special case". After trying to defend the integrity of the other passengers, the man concluded with... "just do your best, and don't disappoint me."

I've never seen the guy since, but I'll always remember that. He wasn't some crazy fellow who was a regular resident of the train, he was just on his way home from grocery shopping... and decided that the young man sitting in front of him had more potential than anyone he had ever seen.

It still inspires me today to strive harder, and achieve more than "regular folk". I just hope that I won't disappoint him.

that's wild....and i love your avatar. i saw them in pittsburgh and i was totally converted.

i was in new york, in central park, and i walked past a local artist selling his work. i stopped to look at his photographs, which mainly consisted of bullshit tourist shots of the statue of liberty and times square. however, there were two photos there, behind the others, that were obviously more personal and actually quite beautiful. i stared at one of them, a black and white, for quite some time. it was so beautiful, the back of a woman's head, her long hair tangled, forever captured in the moment of turning to walk away. the artist watched me for quite some time before i turned to him and smiled. then i walked away.

i was halfway down the block when i felt someone grab my arm, and i turned to see the artist, who had left all of his other photos behind to catch up to me. he said to me, "i just wanted to thank you for seeing past my bullshit."

i bought the photo. it is my most prized possesion. it hangs in my living room, and i look at it everyday.

the artist sent me an invitation, some months later, to the opening of his first show. i was very tempted, but i did not go. i am happy to have had him only touch my life for one small moment.

i walked away.

emotional? hmmm

in a practical sense...will that do. It was a stinking hot Aussie summer day, I had my car loaded up with luggage, a 4 and a 2 year old son, a young hyper-active dog and as I found out a jack that didn't work properly. I got a flat tyre and had to pull off the very busy highway and unload EVERYTHING to get to the spare tyre. It wasn't the safest place, sandwiched between a deep river and a very busy road. My main concern was keeping the boys and the dog off the road. It was hairy.
Unexpectedly an Italian man appeared, he had a store not too far away. He said "I'd love to help you but I can't" and he gave me six small bottles of cold soft drinks for the kids. I realised who he was, I'd read about him in the paper earlier that year. He had been held-up at gunpoint in his store and because he didn't have much money to give the robbers, they beat him savagely and he was left paralysed down one side. He so wanted to help me change the tyre, he'd been watching me from his store. he did what he could an offered the drinks for the kids. I'd forgotten about that until I read your topic. Thanks Maddie.
Ddid you read my"Alice Springs Beanie festival "topic. i wrote that for you
Got to fly...
bye

I was going for a walk a while ago and saw this BIG house with GORGEOUS roses out front, tonnes of them. If there's one thing I can't resist, it's roses. So, I just sorta ... picked ... one. Then I look up and there's this old man staring at me. I thought, "Shit, I'm busted." But then he just nodded at me and said,
"Make sure you get some nice ones."
Me: ???
He actually picked roses FOR me for like 15 minutes and was so sweet and I left with an ARM load of these gorgeous flowers.

That was really sweet.

i love all these heartwarming stories...gives me faith in humankind again...

i once took this course a couple years ago that was supposed to help me get in in touch with my feelings, blah blah blah (how's that for emotional? LOL)...i'd been feeling really down on myself for a long time, and there was this portion of the course where we were in small groups and we had to give each other deep thoughtful compliments (not your typical "hey, i like your shirt" stuff). So we're going around the circle, and the girl across from me, who i'd never met before then and who'd been sort of *looking* at me said, "You think you're fat...but you're not. You're a beautiful, curvaceous woman...don't let anyone tell you different." :ohmy:

I burst into tears. But I've never forgotten her saying that. :heart: I needed that.

*tears welling*

Me and my 2 best friends were coming back from Brighton on the train and this man was juggling 3 balls near us on the train - doing all sorts of tricks and stuff...

Anyway once he caught the balls in his hat, me and my friends started clapping and then we started chatting with him. About what we studied and what he did etc...then he said did we like poetry and I said yes so he had this little black book and started reading us some poems by someone called Matt Harvey...He then read us this very funny story about a hug and had us in stiches.

He then told us this poem he had made about boy racers and it was brilliant! this man was a wasted talent, It flowed nicely, rhymed and was funny and so very true! I said it could have been made into a song.

Anyway we had to get off at London Bridge and we thought he was going to get off as well but he didnt so we just waved goodbye...

Such an inspiring man...very creative. We wish we had asked his name...

:hug: Discotheque........well, you ARE beutiful! You have one of the most amazing attractive pair of eyes I have ever seen! :yes: and such buzzing personality! :hug: :hug:

:)

anyway, I just wanted to thank those who shared there stories here....:)

Back
Top Bottom