Goodbye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TripThruUreWires

I serve MacPhisto
This Will Put a Smirk on Many-A-Face Here

well, to be more accurate, i suppose the few individuals who do actually read this will merely exhibit this rather indifferent expression: :|

i simply wanted to post a somewhat generic "farewell" thread to let some of ya'll know that i won't be around much at all come dec. 1.

....no bitterness, no qualms. i just feel that i've spent more than my fair share of time here...more time than i should have been willing to part with in the first place if you know what i mean. again, i reiterate that my parting is not due to me being cheap, ungrateful, a freeloader, etc.--rather, it's just personal reasons and ultimately a need for prioritizing. 'tis all.

for the most part, i just want to say that i've enjoyed interacting with the lot of you while hanging around these parts--some more than others (but i suppose that goes without saying ;) ). having said that, i sincerely wish all of you the best. play nice :angel:
-----
perhaps i could have my handle retired and displayed proudly in the interference hall of shame--er...i mean fame. :shrug: :sexywink:

Take care,
Brooke

Hey everyone

I won't be paying to stay here, for reasons that I won't get into...BUT, I would just like to say that it has been a lot of fun posting here for the past 2 years. I've met a lot of nice, interesting, fun and caring people, and I'm really happy to have befriended them. (many :hug: and :kiss: to them)

I wish all of you some very nice holidays and an excellent new year.

Take care !

:wave:

:hug: to naya
I'd like to say the same thing.. I can't pay to stay here either :slant: so it's been a lot of fun and :hug: to everyone else :wave:

bye Naya
take care :)

-------
BTW, to whichever moderator it concerns: why is it that nearly 5 seconds after i started my own thread concerning my leaving interference, it was merged into someone else's existing thread--where i don't believe the content of my thread belonged in the first place...as it wasn't necessarily related. i wasn't going to say anything at first, but seeing as you're oh-so-bias when it comes to who may or may not have the dignity of their own thread (especially when it concerns saying farewell to certain individuals after being here for so long), i'm choosing now to make mention of it. whichever moderator went ahead and merged my thread: :down:--try using some better discretion if you will....i mean, i know you don't want too many of these "i'm leaving come dec. 1st" threads infiltrating these parts, as they, of course, are going to influence unsure members to leave as well, right? :rolleyes:

To those of you who have decided that you will not become premium members as of December 1st, please say your goodbyes here.

I hate to see anyone go, but I wish those of you that are leaving the best of luck and many :hug:'s.

I'll be at least 'not around' for a few months.
I'll be travelling across the U.S in Jan/Feb :mac:
Will have another look at paying when I get back.

But if not...
I'm not an 'internet' person. I think I've only ever been a member of one other forum, never chat or msg or anything like that etc, but came cruising passed this site and noticed it was a bit different. It really is more of a community, you really feel like you know people, even though I never have, and maybe never will, meet any of you. Pretty cool. I don't post that much, but have a read pretty much everyday.

The average sense of humour and IQ here.... probably higher then over at the Creed forum anyway.

Some of the women here..:drool: .. I have no idea why there are so many "Oh how hard it is to be single..." threads. What is wrong with the guys in the U.S?!?!? Are they mad?!?

Anyway, take care, happy Xmas & New Years. Maybe back next year.

Oh, and if any of you in the U.S come across a very very drunk, tall, 24yr old Australian male over Jan/Feb in your local bar, introduce yourself....

Matt. :wave:

To stay or not to stay? Let me thinks about it......

This makes me look stupider than you thought I was, but I've been, more or less, ignoring all those warning about DEC. 1, and was almost oblivious to the change that WAS taking place. I thought all of the talk about Premium membeship was a possibility, not a reality. Oh well.

If you choose to leave, I wouldn't blame you, but I will miss you: Love and peace and maybe someday we'll rediscover you in person :wink: In a distant land, where U2 has never even toured!

And now to quote Ringo Starr's "Goodnight" from the "White Album":Now it's time to say goodnight
good night sleep tight
Now the sun turns out his light
good night sleep tight
Dream sweet dreams for me
Dream sweet dreams for you

Close your eyes and I'll close mine
Good night sleep tight
Now the moon begins to shine
Good night sleep tight
Dream sweet dreams for me
Dream sweet dreams for you
Mm, mm, mm

Well drop a note sometime if you can

Well, due to a bunch of lucky circumstances I'll be staying, but

:hug:

to all people that are leaving. Take care and good luck wherever you will go!

Not that I've ever talked to very many of you, but I do lurk here. ALOT. I am going to miss it, and maybe if I can get a credit card, I will pay to come back. (I just recently turned 18). Depending which forum(s) are open to non-paying members, I will probably still lurk around there.

I know that this is not good bye :)

Chandra

I'm seeing the names of some of you who are leaving and realizing that alot of you have contributed greatly to my experience here. I wish you all wouldn't be leaving but I guess that is the decision that each one of you has made and I respect that. It won't be the same without you.

bye guys, maybe I'll be around tomorrow, maybe not, if not, nice knowing you, a few of you I'll probably talk to again in some form or other but , until then, see ya :wave:

Many people have said it very well before, notably deathbear a few months back.. but with my income I can't justify spending it on an internet forum etc. I really enjoy it here.. and I will probably miss talking with y'all.. I mean it's been almost exactly 2.5 years.. and that's a while. It was fun being the first of many rock n' roll doggies. It was fun listening to you whine and gripe and laugh. And so it ends.

Farewell y'all. Hope interference fares well, and you all fare well.

and hopefully the world can be a happy place

Last edited:
TylerDurden said:

Oh, and if any of you in the U.S come across a very very drunk, tall, 24yr old Australian male over Jan/Feb in your local bar, introduce yourself....

Matt. :wave:

24 year old aussie male?
Please come visit canada! :wink:

Heehee, all in good fun.

Anyway, I'll sya my goodbyes here, as well as LS.

Or maybe not goodbye.

It's the best idea for me to take some time off, at least for December, what with school exams and all. I think Biochemistry deserves my full attention.

Will I be back in the New Year? I'll just take it as it comes.

I've loved interacting here with you all. Thanks for everything. Thansk for introducing me to music, for the comfort, the giggling, tutti.

Merry Christmas...

Janine

TripThruUreWires said:
BTW, to whichever moderator it concerns: why is it that nearly 5 seconds after i started my own thread concerning my leaving interference, it was merged into someone else's existing thread--where i don't believe the content of my thread belonged in the first place...as it wasn't necessarily related. i wasn't going to say anything at first, but seeing as you're oh-so-bias when it comes to who may or may not have the dignity of their own thread (especially when it concerns saying farewell to certain individuals after being here for so long)
thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's right! we interference mods and admins have this big conspiracy against certain members of the forums! it all started with our campaign to get every conservative banned from fym, and has trickled into merging some people's threads just to piss them off. we'll do whatever it takes to piss some people off, even if it means a possibility of less subscriptions. :rolleyes:

KhanadaRhodes said:

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's right! we interference mods and admins have this big conspiracy against certain members of the forums! it all started with our campaign to get every conservative banned from fym, and has trickled into merging some people's threads just to piss them off. we'll do whatever it takes to piss some people off, even if it means a possibility of less subscriptions. :rolleyes:

aaahhhh yes....the lovely and charming attempts at "scathing" sarcasm by certain mods in order to defend their mistaken actions--definitely one thing i'm going miss about interference.

a simple "take care/bye/sorry, the problem has been rectified now" would have been a lot more becoming of you Khanada. i guess that would have required you to be the "bigger" person for that, and clearly that's too much to ask of you.

take care Khanada

i appreciate the inclusion of my post in here. thanks.

bye ya'll :hug:

Goodbye Michael, I hope they give you a new nose!

buh bye! :wave:

Seriously this is quite a sad thread to see so many of us on the way...Wanderer, SkeeK, deathbear, furry...this is the furniture we're talking about here!

I'll keep in touch with as many of you as want to, and I hope things can remain productive round here - Elvis and I have some history, but I am genuine in wishing you well.

I guess there's one day to go... :der:

I'd like to stay on, but unfortunately my life has taken some very serious and negative turns lately. Spending time on the internet has gotten me into trouble enough, and at this point paying for a website would only add to my irresponsibility which has dug me into a hole. Besides, the way things are going I won't be having much time to play around online anyway. I hope I can come back someday, but for now......

Walk On

I've got to leave it behind :(

You know, I said in LS that I might be back... but lets face it, I have no income, and whenever I get a job, I need my money for university tuition and personal international trips to see a certain someone :)wave:) so I really cant see myself coming back. As much as Id like to, it isnt going to happen.

Ill miss a few of you more than others, but know that youve all had some impact on me during my stay here.

How fitting that blues traveller's hook is playing right now... "Cause the hook brings you back, I aint tellin you no lies."

Ive tried to leave so many times, and now Im left little alternative and I dont want to... Time to tear out those hooks and walk on.

Bye all.
Im done.

Over here in Europe it's 30 minutes to midnight, the beginning of December 1st.

I wish you all the best. May all your dreams come true.

Takes a second to say goodbye
Say goodbye, oh, oh, oh
It takes a second to say goodbye
Say goodbye, oh, oh, oh, say bye bye...
Where you going to now...

anna

Just spoke with Elvis

I think you all will be surprised come tomorrow.

Most of the forums will still be available to read and post in if you havent paid.

Goodbye isnt really necessary.

bullet the blue sky said:
I think Trip has finally realised she has no friends.

haha you little pommiewhore. i shall not bite at your bait...seeing as there isn't enough time for me to truly pummel your ass :sexywink:

don't worry Ian, WWIV will be initiated soon enough, seeing as i have your internet info.

sparkysgrrl, he's merely bitter because i will not requit his devout love for me. ;)

diamond: :mad: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom