getting embarrassed ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaz02

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Every time i speak to someone for some reason i go red in the face , its well annoying but i dont notice it and its even worse when people point it out.

Does anyone else suffer from this at all and wot can be done to stop it ?

help me :(

I think I have the same problem... I extremely shy when I talk to someone. Although my face doesn't turn red (because my skin is not white) I can feel the warm blood running up, and I start to talk in a clumsy way, mixing words and loosing the idea of what I'm trying to talk about.

Sounds like a case of shyness :yes: Im shy but I don't become red in the face. Become very quiet though when someone I just meet starts talking to me. Find that the words just won't come out though I want to speak them.

I get like that sometimes. Some people I can just flow into a normal conversation with, but with others I tend to stumble over words and stutter and talk like an idiot. I don't know why that is. I don't think I get red though.

The same thing always happens to me, especially at work! and it's even worse when people point it out. you can feel it slowly creeping up and it seems the more you try and concentrate on stopping it, it gets worse!

georginabono said:
The same thing always happens to me, especially at work! and it's even worse when people point it out. you can feel it slowly creeping up and it seems the more you try and concentrate on stopping it, it gets worse!

yep,

i got to do a 10 min talk about a certain subject for monday and im dreading it, even when i talk to a couple of my mates i go red but infront of 20 people it be hell. if someone points out the colour of my face i will start commenting about them infront of everyone e.g " your fat" " you smell " " no one lieks you " why the fuck are you here ... ".

and my college tutor pointed it out once i was like :| if i was black would u point out the colour of my skin ?

I get it sometimes, like if someone really puts me on the spot.

Once there was this guy in my project group who said he turns red anytime he speaks in front of people, even though he's not nervous. He said it happens to everyone in his family and none of them are shy. Before we did our 40-minute presentation, he announced to the class that they didn't have to feel embarassed for him b/c he knew his face would be red and he didn't care :lol:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I get it sometimes, like if someone really puts me on the spot.

Once there was this guy in my project group who said he turns red anytime he speaks in front of people, even though he's not nervous. He said it happens to everyone in his family and none of them are shy. Before we did our 40-minute presentation, he announced to the class that they didn't have to feel embarassed for him b/c he knew his face would be red and he didn't care :lol:

if i did that it seal my fate lol, be like sending a lam to the slaughter and i just go red for saying it.

vaz02 said:

yep,

i got to do a 10 min talk about a certain subject for monday and im dreading it, even when i talk to a couple of my mates i go red but infront of 20 people it be hell. if someone points out the colour of my face i will start commenting about them infront of everyone e.g " your fat" " you smell " " no one lieks you " why the fuck are you here ... ".

and my college tutor pointed it out once i was like :| if i was black would u point out the colour of my skin ?

'i get it too...i get bright red blotches all over my face , neck & chest
and I sweat...
When I was looking for a job Id need to wear a turtleneck ( weather permitting)

i think you can take Paxil for it...

but your comment above.........makes it seem like you have tourettes ??????? imean it sounds like you do it out of anger....
just try and be prepared...and if it happens and people arent mature enough that they cant keep themselves from whispering about it like 2nd graders.....carry on ... accept that it happens......and the more times you get thru it ...the stronger youll be come and maybe you wont get so nervous the next time and eventually hopefully it wont happen as much

ignore the jerks that are pointing out the obvious- mellow out - and do what ya gotta do- you be the bigger person

carrieluvv said:

'i get it too...i get bright red blotches all over my face , neck & chest
and I sweat...
When I was looking for a job Id need to wear a turtleneck ( weather permitting)

i think you can take Paxil for it...

but your comment above.........makes it seem like you have tourettes ??????? imean it sounds like you do it out of anger....
just try and be prepared...and if it happens and people arent mature enough that they cant keep themselves from whispering about it like 2nd graders.....carry on ... accept that it happens......and the more times you get thru it ...the stronger youll be come and maybe you wont get so nervous the next time and eventually hopefully it wont happen as much

ignore the jerks that are pointing out the obvious- mellow out - and do what ya gotta do- you be the bigger person

the thing is they all like mates of mine and they know i do it often so to them they probs think its alright for me its a huge deal lol.

Ive promised myself i wont kick off but i think i will lol. I hate blushing lol it be the death of me lol.

if they are your friends maybe ask them not to point and laugh when you gotta get up there and give the speech .
your anxious enough what with worrying about the blushin and all

i once wore a white v neck sweater to an interview and it happened......the lady just kept staring at it......she looked concerned.........it was embarassing
sometimes i wonder if that was my downfall at that interview

when im at work twords the end of the day my skin will get all blotchy too and sweaty....i feel some major scuziness

I get like that too and i agree 100% that it's so inconsiderate for people to point to you&laugh&take the piss out of people for being a bit different :( :madspit:

im currently talking to people who suffer from the same condition , hopefully this will help me over come the SA or it have to opposite affect :(

wow I have this issue too.

at school I tend to just be extremely reserved and untalkative unless I'm around my friends because I get very nervous and I turn all red.
it's almost like I feel anxious, but my hands get all clammy. sometimes when I talk to my teachers one on one I can't even hold up eye contact (I avoid eye contact as much as possible), I turn bright red, and eventually start to sweat a little.

geez, when I do public speaking.... terrible. I start to tremble, and my legs shake uncontrollably and I can't even hold my hand out without it shaking either. ugh, it's just.. terrible. :| :slant:

does anyone know how to deal with stuff like this? I just avoid conversation whatsoever, but hopefully there's a better solution out there.. :lol:

fly so high! said:

That sounds great, how is it going?

its going well so far , they seem a lot worse of than me.
I missed my presentation thing today cos i was late ( thank god ).

its a terrible curse isnt it youtooellen, i only talk to my friends cos im afraid of what others will think.

You shouldn't be afraid of what others will think... If people are that shallow than they shouldn't even be worth noticing I think...

I had the red-face-thing going as well for years, but I finally start to come off it.. Though not totally...

I had this very very important presentation a while back, and I was turning so red I felt like I was turning into a tomato!! But luckily, people who were listening thought the presentation was good, and I did get a good grade :)

So that shows that people won't always react weird or not understanding.

Back
Top Bottom