Gang graffiti--gang marked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
alright so my parents live about 20 minutes from me out in the subburbs. They live in a small quiet village, have lived there for 18 years now. I get to their house yesterday and my husband said something about there being writing on the sidewalk. I figured it was chalk writing from one of the kids or the next door neighbors grandkids.

I went to the end of the driveway and looked at it and was horrified to see spray painted red graffiti in gang writing. I grew up in that house, graduated highschool from the next city over in '99, and had been aware of the increasing gang activity on the far East side of the town. There's two major gangs that have always fought for power over the East side. My parents are on the West side and in a different town. There had been talk about a guy in our neighborhood while I was in highschool, getting messed up with one of the gangs. His family moved out of there several years ago and there's never been any other talk of it.

So I went in to the house and confronted my mom about it. She said there were a few other houses in the neighborhood that were marked as well. They've not called the cops or contacted them or anything.

The writing says this and is written out this way, or in this order:

Piru
Blood
5 ck

It's in deep red spray paint.
I called one of my friends who still lives in the city next to the village and asked her if she'd heard anything about the two gangs that had been there or if she'd heard about any new gangs coming in. She said as far as she knew the gangs issues were pretty much dead as of right now, it's been quiet and a quiet summer.

My grandma lives with my parents and she's the one that found this a few days ago. I talked to her alone last night and she's afraid and doesnt know why their house would be singled out or marked.
Having the word "blood" written out isn't very calming either.
My parents havent called the cops, why I'm not sure.

I've decided to go over there this afternoon and check the neighborhood myself and see what other houses were marked and see what they've done about it or what the cops may have said. My husband ended up taking a picture of the writing so I have that with me as well. I told my Grandma that if I have to I'll call the police myself and have them come look at it.

By any chance.....anyone know for any reason what that may mean or what gang that may be representing? Just having the word BLOOD written out big and bold, the first thing I thought of was....."Damn.....have the Bloods come in to the town now?" ----To the best of my knowledge they've not been around this area at all----ever. It's been these two other big gangs.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have no idea about that stuff, but I hope it was kids just pulling a prank and its not gang related. Maybe it will be just nothing. I hope so for your family.

Contact the local PD. If there are gangs, they should have intelligence on them already and would probably want to know about the incident. We have lots of gang activity in this city and there are officers on our PD that specialize in gang intelligence, so they know all the symbols and the turf.

piru bloods is a street gang from Compton/LA...it's in red because that's their color. It could be a poser wannabe trying to look like a bad-ass or it could be a real gang member trying to start trouble in a new area.

Call the cops so they are at least aware of any potential new gang activity in that neighborhood.

Bono's American Wife said:
piru bloods is a street gang from Compton/LA...it's in red because that's their color. It could be a poser wannabe trying to look like a bad-ass or it could be a real gang member trying to start trouble in a new area.

Call the cops so they are at least aware of any potential new gang activity in that neighborhood.

Thank you! I'll mention that, that was brought to my attention when I go in to speak to the cops.

Ah the Norteno's I hate gangs, my younger brother almost got into one until we told him what will happen if he did. Call the PD, they might have a gang task force. http://www.knowgangs.com/gang_resources/menu.php
http://www.streetgangs.com/ (real good source of info)

My brother then wrote a real good piece on gangs in schools. He interviewed Norteno and surenos members and the police. The high school never published his article in the school paper and decided to go with movie reviews? :|

yeah I'm going to lay in to my parents about this. I went over there this afternoon on my lunch break and ended up talking to one of the neighbors and she said her next door neighbors were hit with one saying :

G.S.G.
ALL DAY LONG

so I've not googled that one yet, but I found out that PIRU means "Original Blood" and it is definetly part of the Bloods gang.

This is so stupid. It's a tiny village where no one bothers any one else and you know your neighbors. Can't these idiots just realize they're really not cool and they're definetly not the bad ass's they think they are?

where i live it says: SWED(smoke weed every day) every where and i dont mind it. gangs are a joke here, they can go to hell but one i thought was soo funny was: here i am broken hearted tried to shit but only farted.
omg the first day i saw that i laughed so hard and i took a pic lol
best graffiti ever!!

You are really lucky, love u2 adam. Gangs can be really serious and it is sad to say that it is a privilege to grow up or live in an area without them.

Kiki, it sounds like you've just got a bunch of a-hole copycats, but they should still be dealt with for the destruction of property and to head off any potential escalation of mischief. Good luck.

yeah well my mom finally called the cops on Monday when she got home. Then I find out yesterday that these gangs actually are moving in to my parents subdivision and they've shot and killed someone a few weeks ago about 1/2 a mile down from my parents house. Of course the newspapers and everything aren't covering it....well no I'm sure they are but my parents don't read or get the local paper.

We actually had a gang detective come talk to us last week at our bureau staff meeting.

the 5 ck = Crips Killer.

They also shows pics of gang members and their tats so we could get better knowledge of them.

The sad thing was that there was a pic of an 11 year old already tatted up. :tsk:

Doozer61 said:
We actually had a gang detective come talk to us last week at our bureau staff meeting.

the 5 ck = Crips Killer.

They also shows pics of gang members and their tats so we could get better knowledge of them.

The sad thing was that there was a pic of an 11 year old already tatted up. :tsk:

ok that is really sad about that 11 year old.

so......are they marking my parents house as if they're accusing them of being a Crip killer?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
:huh:

Back
Top Bottom