fucking valentine's day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i could never stand valentine's day because it's always a pile of crap, no matter how fun it is to see your 'attached' friends tripping over themselves trying to make their significant others happy that day...but now it's getting a little worse...:huh:
I've been friends with this girl for around 2+ years now and we've always got on great but there's one problem, as I may have mentioned before here in 'ZC', we've only really been able to speak for ages and ages over the internet and have always been a bit 'odd' when talking face to face as it never lasts...this means I've never been able to build up a proper friendship with her in 'Real Life', so to speak...MEANING I've never really seen an appropriate way of telling her that I've always wanted us to be 'more than friends' since we barely see each other in person and both have our own stuff to be getting on with...

Now a major problem is I've recently got back in contact with another girl I asked out at the beginning of last year, things didn't work out and we never said a word to each other until recently, and now I may be meeting up with her and her friend at some point and her friend is quite keen for us to give it another go, but [as with any woman I've taken a liking to] I've always stopped dead in my tracks because I realise I'm probably falling for the same thing over and over again, meaning falling for a woman simply on looks knowing little else about what they're like personality-wise, though with this ex-girlfriend it was different thankfully. But I just feel I'd be much happier with my friend of two years since I've never met anyone like her who I've told everything and knows me practically inside out.

Now, valentine's day...my ex's friends have all gone on about how I should get in contact with her on that day as a sort of gesture, while my friend has been asked out by no fewer than six guys! :( And I don't know why, it's just a really hard thing to get my head around! We haven't spoken as much in a while and have kind of drifted but I have this funny jolt in my stomach every time I think "I should have done something sooner" but I don't want to suddenly shout about it out of nowhere simply out of desperation because the sand's slowly slipping through my fingers or some stupid metaphor like that...! But I'm kind of worried any chance I had is slowly disappearing now she could easily end up seeing one of these guys. She's a very intelligent person and I know she'd make the right choice but I have no idea what to do or to say since it's slowly starting to eat away at me! :huh:

I don't want to suddenly confess all as that'd just be stupid and certainly inappropriate and would put her in a silly position given her current dilemma of which guy to accept an invitation from tommorow and would most likely annoy her...the amount of time I've spent thinking this over is incalculable and I've thought of every possible explanation/problem/solution concerning this! Either I really am head over heels for her and have tried putting it off only to realise by doing that I could have blown any chance of anything happening since she's moved on for good, but I'm worried I'm just having a really hard time letting go!

I don't know what to do really...any thoughts, advice etc. would be greatly appreciated. I don't really do the whole 'Aaw! I'm sure it'll work' *hug* thing I must say, so anyone wanting to come in and give it to me as straight as possible is welcomed with open arms!

..cheers.

I never understood all the fuss either, and I'm in a relationship. We're both poor college students so we get random things like a pet fish. This year, I got phil a $5 Valentine's special shirt from Target that says "I've Got Skills" (to add to "I May Not Be Very Smart But I Can Lift Heavy Things" and "Studlicious" from previous years).

I say, consider the situation for what it is. Decide based on how you feel, not how you think you should feel or how you should feel because it's Valentines.

Don't rush to do anything right now just because tomorrow is valentines.

But I'm all for putting it out there. Missed opportunities suck. Next time you see an opening I'd let her know how you feel in a low key way, without pressuring her.

mmm, I quite agree that I shouldn't do anything just because it's valentine's. I'm a bit of a cynic, PLUS whenever I've had to proclaim feelings of any sorts [just the one time in my 17 years] it's taken quite a while of 'planning' and pondering. To do or say anything tommorow would just be idiotic! Plus she'll be out tommorow anyway so I don't want to wreck her day either! :huh:

dude, do you have her number? call her and greet her a happy valentine's day, but don't ask her out. just let her know that you're still there, and you might possibly be interested.

starsgoblue said:
I think Discotech raises a valid point. Then call her up later this week or early next week and make plans. :up:

:yikes: i wouldn't go as far as making plans later this week. . . maybe wait for a phone call back if she's really interested??? or is she just gonna wait for you to call again. i'm just a guy, i wouldn't know :shrug:

btw stars, you can still call me 'discotheque'. . . its still me :wink:

well you're never going to know unless you put yourself out there i guess but don't rush just cause you think that one of her possible 6 dates might be bf material. take your time...put some thought into it and then go for it.

that being said...do something nice for her today. something small but thoughtful will go a long way.

wish i had line up of dates outside my door today...i can't even get one. :|

Back
Top Bottom