Food Poisoning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I think I may have been food poisoned :( Going tomorrow to the doctor. I went to a Mexican restaurant for my friends Birthday, and after that, it went down hill.

If I was food poisoned by the restaurant, what can I do, I was fine and dandy on Friday night, then Saturday into Sunday, I feel like Shit.

Hope you're feeling better.
:hug:

Food poisoning ain't fun.

I poisoned myself earlier this year.
Yep, I know.
Don't ask.
But it involved pico de gallo.

You can call the restaurant and see if anyone else reported anything. I think you can also check with the board of health, but you may need to wait til after your doctor's appointment to confirm the diagnosis. Not sure. Feel better :hug:

Long ago my ex and I got food poisoning at McDonalds. It was horrible & I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's bad enough if one person in the household has it but if you BOTH get it, ugh! We were diagnosed in the ER with food poisoning and you will need that to take up anything with the place you believe is where you got sick. Good luck to you Justin but first of all get well :up:

That tomato scare has been horrible and I've questioned all the places that advertise they only buy and serve tomatoes grown in California. How do they know what they are buying in the marketplace is REALLY safe?

I am doing much better. The doctor said
it was most likely food poisoning, but not salmonella since I was showing
little symptoms. Just drink plenty of fluids dont eat solid
foods. My energy was really really low. She said drink Gatorade, which she said she usually does not recommend, unless I am very athletic. Going back to work Wednesday.

My friends did not get sick, I will call the resturant tomorrow.

What all did you eat 48 hours prior to getting sick, Justin? Could it have been anything other than from restaurant food? I'd still call them to let them know you were sick (if you feel that is what the culprit was). Gatorade is good, it replenishes electrolytes you lose throwing up and with diahrrea. You don't want to dehydrate. A couple days of solid bland foods is also good, the BRAT diet (banana, rice, applesauce, toast). :hug:

I called the resturant and they did not report anyone else becoming sick. They apologized and offered me a free dinner at the resturant and my money back.

I called the resturant and they did not report anyone else becoming sick. They apologized and offered me a free dinner at the resturant and my money back.
that's good at least. if you can ever go back there, that is! (when something makes me sick, even if it's minor, i'm always a little wary of going back there for a loooooooong time.)

glad to hear you're doing better :)

one time i got really sick for 2-3 days after eating at a panda express in long beach. i didnt eat at any of their joints again for a very long time.

tell you what rr if they have a celias in la I will let you have the certificate

:no: I wouldn't be so quick to go back and eat at a place where I got sick from. It took me a very, very long time before I could ever eat at another McDonalds again after getting sick there.

Back
Top Bottom