First U2 concert ever....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:
:up:

Everyone remembers their first time.... :wink:

Agreed. :) My first time was in a limo.......wait......I mean, my first time was in May, 1987, Meadowlands.....not only was it my first U2 concert ever.....it was my first concert of any variety, ever. Changed my life, and that is no exaggeration. The show was unreal.

Yeah, it rocked! You can even hear Phil screaming and singing along on my bootleg!

Here we are at our first U2 concert.....

Attachments

• img_13.jpg
    img_13.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I have fond memories of my first U2 concert, in Atlanta on the Conspiracy of Hope, June 1986. I had just passed some killer chemistry exams. I saw them again eighteen months later, in December, 1987 on the JT tour, in the same venue (in the now non-existent Omni arena). I had to wait until 2001 to see them again. I'm seeing them again in November. I can't wait.!!

Great...you all get to hear me yell/sing...your lucky day. :wink:

Did I mention that the Monday show Livluv and I will be GA? Saturday was just a warm up show. This is the real deal. Are there any sure shot tricks for getting in the circle??? Do you think Larry would let me play his set? No matter, you can find me jumping up and down wherever I am!

nbcrusader said:

Everyone remembers their first time.... :wink:

I do... Slane Castle Sept 1st 2001... got to re-live the greatest day of my life over and over watching it on DVD... :drool:

June 24th & June 27th.... everybody'll remember their 2nd and 3rd time :wink:

You guys are so cute in that picture! :cute:

I apparently don't remember my first time. :reject:

My sister-in-law says we saw them at the Palladium, but I can only remember seeing the opening act. I have a vague inkling that I saw U2, but I can't be sure.

I remember the second time for sure. :wink:

I definately remember my first time vividly!! Sunday, Sept 13, 1992 at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, Wisconsin. Beautiful clear night with a full moon coming up over the stadium as the guys started into Even Better Than the Real Thing.

To this day, I get chills whenever I hear the opening to that song & I remember PRECISELY how it felt to be in that stadium with the best band in the world. I'd only been waiting for that experience for about 6 years by then..... it was soooo worth the wait!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

....and, here we are before our second U2 show!

GAline.jpg

It was so windy all day, Phil's hair is going crazy and I ended up ripping the bottom hem off of a T-shirt and tying it on my head.

nbcrusader said:

Was one show better than the other?

For me, Chi 2 by FAR!! Mostly b/c we did GA and has a sweet view being on the rail. I got to touch Bono and my friend Laura got to play Party Girl on stage. We met some fun people in the GA line.

Now I want to get GAs for the Sept. shows...

Definately the Monday show was better. Both had their pluses though. I mean, being up in seats Saturday was cool since we got to see the light show and really, could see and hear the guys fine.

But...you can't beat the floor. Everything was right there! Especially since we were really, second in line to the circle. Everything was unbelievable last night. The show was amazing, Laura got on stage, I lifted Lies to touch Bono's jacket, hearing the entire United Center singing every lyric. I've floated all day on these feelings.

Plus I met some really cool people standing in line, for example, Chizip and two ladies from Chile. There's just too many things to say so I'll stop now. Unbelievable though. Just Awesome!

Techie2000 said:
I see Phil is wearing a One bracelet...:yes:

Yup, Char gave them to us. Mine doesn't stay on. I looked for someone with more smaller ones, but haven't found any yet....

Back
Top Bottom