First Date ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuvok

The Fly
Hey guys. Need some advice. Was thinking of asking out a girl that I've been admiring for some time. We've hung out socially in groups before but never really on our own. I want to do something a bit different (ie not just dinner and drinks). She's quite an active person (does judo, sails a bit). I was thinking something like mini golf, but she did that with her mates a few weeks ago. I want to make a big impression. Oh and I dont drive. Any ideas????????

Cheers

Do you have a wall climbing wall near you? That can be adventurous?

Or just go cycling in the woods or so. perhaps surprise her with a picknick? :hmm:

Bowling? Snowboarding/skiiing indoors? Skating? Swimming?

Dont go to the movies, it be so predictable and cliche.
Go paint balling.

bowling :up: it's hard to have an ego in bowling shoes. You'll see if they have a sense of humor, competitive, impatient and there will always be something to talk about.

Get some drinks and then go to either a live concert or comedy show. One of my best first dates ever was going to a concert...we had some drinks before and then danced the night away at an outdoor venue. Everytime I hear those songs I think about that date. :up:

bowling :up: it's hard to have an ego in bowling shoes. You'll see if they have a sense of humor, competitive, impatient and there will always be something to talk about.

:up:
Bowling is a great idea. You get to hang out and just laugh and be easy with each other.
Movies and concerts are ok but you can't really talk much there. Dinner is ok but the pressure to talk and eat elegantly is tooo much, unless it's a fish and chips or something really casual.

I have never ever been on a proper first date.

i flew halfway around the world and took her out to dinner.

i'm still paying it off, so i don't recommend it.

ultimately, anything that doesn't scream you're trying too hard and clearly shows thought and coming from the heart will have you sorted.

i flew halfway around the world and took her out to dinner.

i'm still paying it off, so i don't recommend it.

ultimately, anything that doesn't scream you're trying too hard and clearly shows thought and coming from the heart will have you sorted.
:love: :cute:

and yes, i totally agree with this. the only other suggestion i have is just make sure it's a location where it won't be super awkward if you guys have a hard time making conversation (like it can be at dinner), but also be sure conversation can still occur (a concert may not be a good idea unless someone you both like is in town).

I took someone to a U2 concert as a first date . . . maybe not the best idea. I opted for GA and we froze our butts off in Portland :S

Do something you like to do that's different than what she normally does. You'll be confident and excited about what you like. Also it allows you to be yourself so she can get to know the real you.

Seriously.... Picnic... I went on one for the first time!
I honestly loved it!
It was soooo fun, but the ants sucks!
But we got some really cute pics and it was intimate!
Don't get strawberries and melted chocolate if you aren't really close!!:shifty:
freeze the chocolate and strawberries...Trust me:shh:

My friend and her boyfriend had there first "date" at 5 am watching the sun come up on a mountain. Veryyyy cute!

Back
Top Bottom