Failed my first Drivers Test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Ready

War Child
I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not passing, but I feel like the DMV person who tested me was just a bitch and wanted to flunk me

first of all in the car, I asked her if she was wearing her seatbelt, then she snaps back, "don't ever tell me what to do". Then right near the end of the test she asked me to make a lane-change, so I signaled the lane change, but there was a guy who I would be half-cutting off if I completed the lane-change, so I just kind of stayed in my position. After about 5 seconds of this she tells me to just get in the lane.

At the end of my test she said I received enough points to pass the test, but gave me an automatic fail for her having to tell me to change into the lane. I think that is absolutely ridiculous because I was just being safe with my lane-changing.

Of course I didn't tell her I thought that, but she kind of scared me after yelling at me when I was asking about the seatbelt.

Anyways I thought she was a complete bitch, so when I go back next week to try again I'm going to a different DMV

There's nothing wrong with asking someone in your car, no matter who it is, whether or not they have their seatbelt on. Had you driven away before she had it on, she probably would've yelled at you, too, so it sounds like a no-win situation.

Don't ever take anyone else's word for something when you're driving. If you're behind the wheel, you need to be in charge and only do what makes you feel comfortable. Even when I have someone else in the car with me and they say I'm clear to make a turn or change lanes, I still look for myself.

That's lousy that she failed you, but at least you got enough points to pass. Hopefully you won't get the same DMV person next time!

Good luck next time and remember to duck and cover for the POTs sign...

416868Fhe_w.jpg

Wow she sounds like a complete bitch :|

Hopefully you'll get someone nicer next time.

I failed my first time, too. :shifty: But I have a problem with rolling stops, which is an automatic failure where I live. The first time I took it, I was driving a car I wasn't too familiar with (big mistake), so I didn't know where the hazard lights were or any of the other stuff they make you turn on and off before driving. By the time we got started with the driving test, I was scared to death. I hit a curb, which I had never done before and never done since. The DMV guy I had was a real asshole and yelled at me through the entire test and actually said I personified the problem with drivers today. I sat in the DMV and cried for a half an hour after. :reject:

The other DMV guy I drove with was tough, as well. Not to scare you, but my dad says the purposely put as much pressure on you as they think you can handle, so they can see that you are capable of remaining in control. Although, the woman you had sounds like an ass to the extreme. Bonoismymuse is right, you have the right to make sure all people in your car are ready to go before you start driving. I would think something like that would work in your favor, not against it. :hug:

Anyway, when I took the test the second time around, I went to a different DMV where there was less traffic. I also went over the Sunday before my test and drove around on the roads near the DMV so I knew the lay of the land, so to speak. I felt much more calm after that, so if you can, and you think it would help you to relax some, I would recommend trying that.

I'm sure you will do great the next time around. Good luck!

Last edited:
thanks for the support everyone

I'm trying again saturday morning in a different DMV, so hopefully I'll be successful

Ylime: rolling stops and rolling over curbs are automatic failures where I love. also as much as I would like to believe you that they pressure you on purpose, I seriously doubt it. this women didn't talk except to yell at me about the seatbelt and fail me pretty much, nothing during the actual driving process

Sorry to hear you had a rough first time out. :hug:

I get to take my drivers test when I'm 17, so I'll tell you how that goes then. :slant:

I just did my first driving session today, wasn't so bad, although we did sit in traffic for more than half of it.

I agree with everyone else in saying that you have a right to ask anyone and everyone in the car to buckle up. You got enough points to pass, so next time you should get it, so long you don't get another "complete bitch" :)

By the way, what's a rolling stop?

ylimeU2 said:

It is when you slow down, but don't come to a complete stop at a stop sign.

Or when you have a standard transmission and you gear down into 1st and THINK you stopped, but then the cop comes along behind you and claims you didn't and slaps you with an $85 ticket one block away from your house. :mad: Not that I'm bitter or anything. :p

Actually, one of my housemates failed her driving test 3 times and then was caught driving with only her non-US license (she's an international student) and her US permit. She had turned right at a red light without first coming to a stop and she didn't have her headlights on. AND the cops followed her with their lights flashing for about 4 miles before she finally stopped. :lol: (she says she thought that American cop cars always had their lights flashing and that it didn't mean anything in particular...apparently, that's what watching too much American TV teaches you). Anyways, yeah she got 3 tickets and has to go to court. And now one of us (housemates) always rides with her in her car to teach her safe driving habits so she might be able to pass the test next time. :huh:

It sounds like she was very unfair. :( I hope you have better luck next time! :hug:

When I had my driver's test, my instructor forgot about it and left me waiting. I finally called him, and he hurried over. He felt horrible for making me wait, so he waived the test fee. It also happened to be raining that day, which meant I could drive extra slow and cautious without annoying the other drivers on the road too much. I thought I was going to be in trouble though because a squirrel ran out in front of me, and I slammed on the brakes. Nobody was behind me at least! And...guess what, it happened AGAIN later! My instructor commented that I must have found all the suicidal squirrels. :laugh: Yes, I ended up passing.

I hope you have a nice and fair person with you next time! :(

^^ lmao.

Yes very unlucky and she sounds like a right bitch, better luck next time.

my sis got her license a few months ago, and if she can do it, so can anyone! good luck on your retry, hopefully you wont get a bitch of an instructor this time!

Hello, my name is Tracy. I'm sixteen. I don't know how to drive because I suck at life. I've been living this lifestyle for about a year and a half now..............

Oh, this isn't Sucky Drivers Anonymous?

:shifty:

I think tomorrow I'm going to be bold and retake the exam with my dad's stickshift

I know it's an automatic fail if I stall for some reason, but I think I'll drive better in it since I have to concentrate more when I drive it. That coupled with a hopefully nicer person, and I should be set

I'm eligible mid-July, but at my pace for 50 hours, won't end up taking the test till early September.

i didnt have to take a test at 16, just the written one and i got my license because i got a B+ in drivers ed and my birthday wasnt in January.

hope you get a less bitchy person next time, good luck!

the rockin edge said:
i didnt have to take a test at 16, just the written one and i got my license because i got a B+ in drivers ed and my birthday wasnt in January.

No offense to you, but I find that policy very scary...:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom