Facts, confessions, and the like, of a random nature, 10th ed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my first cat, who lives with my mom, may have mouth cancer. He's getting up there in years, I picked him out when i was in the 5th grade. And he hasn't been too healthy for a few years. But I've never had to deal with a pet (family member) dying. So I'm dealing by distancing myself. :sigh: He lives in Oregon, so it's not like I can just visit every other day...
Aww, I'm sorry to hear. :( Let yourself grieve. It's natural. :hug:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...not happening!:wink:

:up: :up: :up: Excellent. Save yourself the prolonged haartache and angst.

I see someone I really care for about to make a mistake for the second time, and I have to walk way, and it hurts. I just can't bear to watch it happen again.

my first cat, who lives with my mom, may have mouth cancer. He's getting up there in years, I picked him out when i was in the 5th grade. And he hasn't been too healthy for a few years. But I've never had to deal with a pet (family member) dying. So I'm dealing by distancing myself. :sigh: He lives in Oregon, so it's not like I can just visit every other day...

I'm so sorry to learn this, Romi. Losing our furkids is rough stuff. :hug:

Word of advice. If you are at a stadium with port-o-potties and they come to empty them. RUN AWAY. FAST. It was horrible. :sad: :yuck: :down:

Decided on a new flatmate. Hard thing is to tell the others the room's gone. Some of them were quite desperate, but then again, there's only space for one.

I will never be able to work in a job where I'd have to sack people or tell applicants no. :D

I'm probably going to lose my licence for three months, I've lost too many demerit points. The universe has used quite a variety of dirty tricks to keep me from talking to the right people to go on probation for three months and keep driving. The bus service around here is almost comical. :|

I'd love to blame Karma, Murphy's Law, some cosmic force. . . . but really what it comes down to is that I've been irresponsible and need to grow the fuck up in every aspect of my life :doh:

goofing off on work time is not the best start :reject: :shifty:

Word of advice. If you are at a stadium with port-o-potties and they come to empty them. RUN AWAY. FAST. It was horrible. :sad: :yuck: :down:

um, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :yuck:

I'm probably going to lose my licence for three months, I've lost too many demerit points. The universe has used quite a variety of dirty tricks to keep me from talking to the right people to go on probation for three months and keep driving. The bus service around here is almost comical. :|

I'd love to blame Karma, Murphy's Law, some cosmic force. . . . but really what it comes down to is that I've been irresponsible and need to grow the fuck up in every aspect of my life :doh:

goofing off on work time is not the best start :reject: :shifty:

:hug: . . . getting an ass kicking is a biyatch :hug:

I don't actually have it. I just haven't thrown up in like 15 years so I'm quite scared of throwing up.

I went almost ten years without barfing and I had a phobia about it, until I was on some medication that upset my stomach and made me throw up; it wasn't that bad after all and I got over it. I think I was worried about it because I had forgotten what it's like and was afraid of it happening spontaneously and without warning and resulting in humiliation. But now I know the warning signs, and there's no mistaking it.

#interferencetherapyftw

I went almost ten years without barfing and I had a phobia about it, until I was on some medication that upset my stomach and made me throw up; it wasn't that bad after all and I got over it. I think I was worried about it because I had forgotten what it's like and was afraid of it happening spontaneously and without warning and resulting in humiliation. But now I know the warning signs, and there's no mistaking it.

#interferencetherapyftw
ugh, i get migraines a lot and...
quite frequently they do make me sick, the worst was in 2009. i spent most of the year with my head in a toilet. i'm surprised i didn't wreck my teeth.

but with all that you'd think i'd be used to puking but no, still hate it. most times it doesn't make me feel any better.

(don't click on those spoilers unless you really want to keep reading about this subject, guys.)

I'm a total audio bootleg snob.

:reject: I don't even remember the last time I downloaded a bootleg and just put it on my ipod. I think I've edited them all to my liking. Snippets placed wrong, volume not right.. song endings misplaced in the next song.. and tagging. I tag neurotically.

I totally hate it when they make cuts at the wrong second. And every file needs to be tagged correctly according to my system, otherwise the universe is out of balance!

I don't look at you the same anymore, which is sad, because I once thought you were awesome.

//end confession

So we moved into our new office today.

Good:
- It now takes me 20 minutes to walk to work
- I have more wall space around my desk to decorate

Bad:
- The parking for everyone else is *shit*
- Have to use a stupid swipe card to get into the office or use the restroom
- All our desks are bigger and spaced out, with high partitions in between, which feels terrible after our old cosy studio where anyone could talk to anyone without sticking your head above like a meerkat
- General corporate blandness :yuck:

no cancer for my cat who lives with my mom. The thing they cut from his mouth was caused by an inflamed tooth they had to pull. So he's just got the same age problems as before, but with one less tooth. whew.

Awww Jeff, it isn't you. You know how much you mean to me. :hug::hug::hug:

You have been the most supportive friend through everything. I couldn't ask for better!

I'm a total audio bootleg snob.

:reject: I don't even remember the last time I downloaded a bootleg and just put it on my ipod. I think I've edited them all to my liking. Snippets placed wrong, volume not right.. song endings misplaced in the next song.. and tagging. I tag neurotically.

:cute:

The past is just seeming to catch up too much right now, I don't know how much more of it I can take... :crack: FML!!!!

:hug:

no cancer for my cat who lives with my mom. The thing they cut from his mouth was caused by an inflamed tooth they had to pull. So he's just got the same age problems as before, but with one less tooth. whew.

Romi, that is awesome :up: :hug:

I like asparagus, even though it makes your pee stink.

:ohmy: . . . it does? :shrug: I love it toooooooo :) (and snapping the stems before you cook it . . . don't even get me started on how much I love that :heart: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom