Ever since that Black Cat....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
I don't know whats going on with me lately...a few weeks ago when I came home I found a black cat all nice and comfy on my chair on the porch. When he saw me he got scared and ran away. A day later the same thing happened. I haven't seen him since BUT the run of bad luck isn't even funny.

1. forgot my sons braces appointment
2. while I was driving stopped at a light and then I thought it turned green and went on!
3. was running water over my frozen meat in the sink and the sink over flowed and flooded my playroom/basement.
4. My son got punched in the stomach for no reason at all by his best friend!!! ( I felt so bad)
5. I broke my mirro(RED) closet door when my (RED) belt buckle hit by accident.
6. My older son was home for 3 days with a really bad cold and asthma.

What gives???? Did this cat bring me bad luck or what. I hope this ends soon, I'm starting to get the willies about everything.
:(

I don't know, JC, sometimes life just piles it on :hug: That and sometimes I know I'm just scatterbrained, so I do that kind of stuff anyway :lol: Hope things turn around for you soon :)

You know I was already to get him a little house for outside and feed him. (I'm allergic so he couldn't come inside) I was going to be nice about the cat.

JC, sorry you're having a bad week, I'm sure it will soon improve, I wouldn't pay any attention to this kind of superstitions, they are culturally bound and have no sense in themselves, do you know that in some countries crossing a black cat is thought to bring you good luck? that's for example in Egypt. So, don't worry about the cat, the poor thing must be a stray cat looking for something to eat and a secure place to sleep, you're really good hearted and sensitive thinking about getting a home for him.

Sorry about what you're going through, but honestly, it has nothing to do with a black cat. That's an old superstition.

vaz02 said:
I have a black cat so i guess im immune to this stuff.

Black cats are considered lucky in Britain, so maybe they should just all move here.

Though I think all cats are good luck. :heart:

Janet_Jackson_-_Black_Cat-front.jpg

meegannie said:

Black cats are considered lucky in Britain, so maybe they should just all move here.

Though I think all cats are good luck. :heart:

I Have also 3 black cats on my street and all venture into my house, its like the pub or something.

JCOSTER said:
I really don't believe that it has anything to do with bad luck, I just think its ironic. :huh:

It is a weird coincidence. I can see how you might think that.

I hope your string of bad luck ends soon!

Around here, black cats are not available for adoption during the week before Halloween. Too many people will let them go and then chase them around or torture them.

No spoken words said:
:love:

since it's zc, i'll admit it...i used to be a big janet jackson fan and i loved that song.

anyway, i've got two black cats (used to have three, the oldest one had to be put to sleep a couple years ago) and i've never once thought any bad things that have happened to me or my family have been because of the cats :shrug: i like purposely breaking superstitions, like walking under ladders and such :drool:

Sorry you feel you're having a bad time, and I do hope things get better for you soon, but most of that sounds like normal unfortunate events or mistakes that happen to everyone. If you're looking for a pattern you'll find one.

:hug: JC...not to worry, you are just having a run of poor luck is all. I don't believe in the black cat theory so I don't believe anything that's happened has anything to do with the black cat on your porch. Is it a full moon? I believe crappy things happen during the phase of a full moon. And if it makes you feel any better, I am soo used to things happening in bunches to me, not just one misfortune, it's usually a handful of things then I'm good for a while. Things will look up :wink:

Sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time JC :hug: It is rather ironic that all of this happened after the black cat came around. Think it's just merely coincidence. Hope things look up soon!

My mom has a black cat that one of my nephews found in the woods back in the summer. While I like to think of Eboni as pure evil she is just ornary :wink:

Heh. I've always had black cats. Always loved them. And never once has any of them caused me trouble.

Although, there was Miss Sissy, who was, indeed, pure evil. Though she sounded like a pigeon when she purred..

Must be a peculiar series of unfortunate events.

Black cats need a union! My family's (mostly) black cat definitely has a self-importance thing happening, but she falls well short of evil.

Although the poor birds she drags home may think otherwise. :wink:

I think the (black)cat felt your "kind and goodhearted" vibes and thought it was a good place to hang out for awhile. I am an extreme cat person. They bring a sense of calmness, serenity if you watch them for awhile (that is unless they are tearing up ones house!). Maybe you broke a mirror or something and didn't realize it, JC!!
Sounds like a typical few weeks of a mulittasking mom, to me!!:scream: :hug:

Thanks BLM!

This week so far is going as usual for me. PHEW!

BUT....It was brought to my attention, that last week I didn't sign a permission slip for one kid and sent money in for a book order without the order form for my other kid! :der: :reject:

I think I was body snatched last week. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom