Ever Since I Began Working Out, I Can't Stop Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
It's true. I began working out regularly again last week, and ever since then I feel like eating everything. :crazy: I eat healthy things, like fruit and bread with peanut butter, but still... all this eating is making me wonder. Like, is this normal or is it hurting all my excercising? :scratch:

Last time I excercised so much, I was on a appetite supressant so I didn't eat very much. This time I am eating right (I don't really eat all that badly to begin with), so it's like, what gives? :scream:

This morning, I had:

- a pear
- a donut (work crap, every monday)
- a sweet escapes mini candy bar
- diet coke

...all before 11am

:der: :help:

that's not very much food.

you will eat more when you exercise because your metabolism is stimulated and is working faster, therefore causing you to feel hungrier. I don't see the big deal in eating a little more, because the excerising you are doing cancels out the extra calories. Unless you are trying to lose weight.

I dont eat much if I'm doing cardiovascular stuff, but if I start doing weights, I start eating about two times as much as normal.

Angel said:
that's not very much food.

you will eat more when you exercise because your metabolism is stimulated and is working faster, therefore causing you to feel hungrier. I don't see the big deal in eating a little more, because the excerising you are doing cancels out the extra calories. Unless you are trying to lose weight.

Exactly! :yes:

I have been making some interesting( also heartbreaking and challenging) observations

I have to watch what I eat and exercise, EVERYday and for the rest of my life.
phew...I get exhausted just thinking about it.
I have been Slack Slack Slack with a capital "S" in that regard just lately and I don't feel near as well. I start wheezing and feeling tired and all that stuff again:(
Can't someone invent a fit pill?

pppppppppppppppllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Try eating more fibre and more balanced meals. The fibre will keep you feeling fuller longer, and the balanced meals will not only give you more energy during workouts, but help digestion.

Exactly what Angel said. I remember us having this conversation when we saw Bruce. I mentioned that when I work out regularly that I'm always ravenous, while you said that it suppressed your appetite. Anyway, maybe your body is just getting used to all this.

However, you don't tend to eat a lot anyway (and I've had plenty of times to observe this), and now that you're exercising regularly, this isn't the time to cut back on food. If you don't eat enough, your body will conserve calories and put your body in starvation mode and you won't lose any fat, just muscle weight. But what you want is to build muscle, to increase your metabolism. A lot of women shy away from lifting weights because they don't want to put on muscle weight. That's a bunch of bullocks because if they knew what adding muscle weight would do to them, they would never hesitate in the first place.

So, keep eating healthy foods and don't feel bad if you're feeling hungrier. Just go with it, but like I said, make it healthy. When I was at my thinnest, I was working out almost everyday, both weights and aerobics, and I ate like a horse. But since I've been in college, my physique has gone out the window, along with my good eating and exercise habits. I've been trying though...I need to take my own advice to you. Hope I was able to help.

:)

Thanks, Lemon Sis! You still look great, shuddup. ;)

We do a bit of short interval weight training in both my classes, and I remember when I was at my thinnest I was beginning to develop some nice, "girly" muscles, lol. So, I'll do anything to get them back again. Last night when we got back, I had a salad and water. :drool:

:wave:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Really? This one was a chicken ceasar. :drool:
:rolleyes: Caesar salads don't count girl! Caesar salads kick ass! The garlic... the oil... the parmesan... :der: Totally not good for you, therefore unbelievably tasty.

[edit]Most salads except for caesar salads make me :barf: But this too shall pass.... [/edit]

Let's get a bit into the science...

Exercise is obviously quite good, but also has a nasty little side-effect to it: your cortisol levels go higher. This "stress hormone" has the problem of "eating" away at you quite literally, and much of the end result of exercise is ruined by this "muscle wasting" hormone, cortisol. As a result, partially, your body starts craving sugar to rebuild what has been "eaten away." Exercise gurus know this as well, and you might benefit from talking to a nutritionist, who might help combat this with exercise, and, in the end result, level your blood sugar levels.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom