Ever been dumped via e-mail/text message?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soooo, since I broke up with some guy via e-mail, does that make me a coward? I mean, the reason why I did was because I was afraid of getting into a shouting match over the phone. Besides, we met online, so I figured an e-mail would be the way out, since that was the way it began.

And like I said, the guy was a total jerk and I regret to this day even bothering to go out with him.

Well, since you feared that the guy would be unstable, dumping him through an e-mail is a way out.

My ex had no such fear. She was usually the one who was unstable.

Unfortunately, YES (via email).... he just didn't think "things were working out...and that we should be friends".

lame...

I got dumped by IM once, after lengthy attempts on my part of trying to track the guy down after he decided to break up with me by just disappearing from my life.

Before that, I dumped a guy via text message. I wouldn't say it was because I was being cowardly. I just didn't care anymore.

I IMed my ex bf last Summer. We met online (why the fuck did i do that?) and when we met about 2 days later, i found out that he was creepy and extremely weird. :crack: :happy:

Can someone really be considered your "BF" if you met him online and only knew him for 2 days before meeting him, and then when you met you saw that he was creepy and weird?

Never by email or text but my first love broke up with me by writing it in my yearbook in 11th grade. He told me not to read what he wrote until I got home but I thought it was going to be something all lovey-dovey so I read it between classes and felt like I got punched in the stomach :|

That is just heartbreaking :sad: That is something that stays with you forever....emotionally and literally :huh:

:reject: I'd find it creepy to meet someone IRL if I'd only known them for 2 days online.

Yeah, scery, ya never know. I would have a friend tailing me :lol:

As far as the by text thing, I think that sux, especially when there was a solid relationship going on. I could understand the short-term, not serious stuff though, but it would have to be so not serious......

Can someone really be considered your "BF" if you met him online and only knew him for 2 days before meeting him, and then when you met you saw that he was creepy and weird?

Well, actually, only HE thought we were boyfriend/girlfriend. Typos. :doh:
He was a friend from school that I just wanted to get to know but he wanted to have a strong relationship with me.

well, I've never been dumped by a text message, but I have been in a fight with my best friend in that way. She was on vacation when it happened. It was strange because we were fine before she left, had the fight, got over it, and were completely fine when I saw her again, like nothing ever happened.

Back
Top Bottom