eh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtunganton

The Fly
ok, so im slightly pathetic but im fallin for a girl online, which is very unlike me cuz i barely know her, ive never seen her, she lives in another country, but all i want to do is to get rite next to her, all i want is her face in my locket, her picture in my pocket...and i know this will not work but i want it to so bad...its probably the idea of her im in love with but idk i just want to hang out with her but i cant so its depressing
*a*

'Online love' always appears greater than it is. Because, its a fantasy, per se. You can imagine that person to be what YOU want them to be. You can know them to an extent, but never really know them until you actually meet and hang out in person.

Although, it has known to work, since I do know people that are in relationships/marriages with other people that they met online, but you really cant say that its love until you spend REAL time with them.

That's my opinion :wink:

I agree with the others.

I can't imagine talking to someone online and having feelings for them. You never really know what that person is like or who you're really talking to, you could be talking to an aul wrinkly geezer for all you know.

I'm not saying it can't happen - there are lots of couples who have fallen in love via the internet but I think you fall in love with someone by talking to them, flirting with them, getting to know them in real life not through a computer screen.

Do you know how she feels about you?

You never know, anything's possible with love. Be it online, long distance, or even in person. There's always a chance for things to develop into something more. :)

redhotswami said:
Just keep talkin to her! See what happens :up:

What she said...I'd proceed with a dash of caution, but, I'd see it through....stranger things have happened. Hopefully you'll at least talk to her on the phone or something, if you've not already.

No spoken words said:

What she said...I'd proceed with a dash of caution

thats rly all im doin rite now, is talkin but rly dont look for much out of this, but eh were meetin sumtime on the next u2 tour for sure, maybe sooner
*a*

achtunganton said:

thats rly all im doin rite now, is talkin but rly dont look for much out of this, but eh were meetin sumtime on the next u2 tour for sure, maybe sooner
*a*

well good, taking it slow is always best! i'm all too familiar with both ends of the online dating spectrum. one of my friends met her husband through some gaming site. they've been married for 2 years now and are as happy as ever. on the other hand, one of my students was a friend of Ms. Tayor Behl, a girl who got involved with a sketchy guy through myspace, and he ended up killing her.

i'm not trying to scare you, but your profile says you're quite young. i know you're definitely adult enough to make your own decisions, i'm just saying there are people out there who specifically target young people. proceed with caution and i hope all the best for ya! :)

I've had way too many online relationships. :crack: One guy seemed very sweet, and when we met, he tried to abduct me. I had to jump out of his car while it was moving. Another guy I talked with on the phone and online for hours. We were making plans to meet in person. Then I called him one day...and his fiancee answered...and then he denied ever knowing me, and he said I was crazy and should go kill myself. :happy: Oh, I could go on and on. But the first guy I met actually was a sweetheart, and we were engaged for awhile...but it just wasn't meant to be. He truly was wonderful though.

I think it's possible to meet "the one" online. I know people who have had success with it, but I've also heard many bad stories...along with experiencing them firsthand. :slant: If it's something you are willing to try, just be aware that it can be very hard and heartbreaking. Then again...so can any relationship. The man I'm with now I met at an old job. He didn't even own a computer until I moved in with him and brought one...and my friends were all pleased by that fact. :laugh:

achtunganton said:

*a*

My spell checker hates this topic.

Good luck, man! How old are you and how far apart are you two?

Sicy said:
'Online love' always appears greater than it is. Because, its a fantasy, per se. You can imagine that person to be what YOU want them to be. You can know them to an extent, but never really know them until you actually meet and hang out in person.

Although, it has known to work, since I do know people that are in relationships/marriages with other people that they met online, but you really cant say that its love until you spend REAL time with them.

That's my opinion :wink:

I say proceed with caution, because the percentages of things working out are lower than not. And even though you may think you know this person well, you really don't know someone until you are with them in person. All sorts of little quirks, good or bad, come out that don't show themselves through the computer screen.

Best of luck, in any case.

Sicy said:

4844.jpg

I thought this was gonna be a thread about Canadiens who piss you off by saying "eh" too much.

Kayla knows what I'm talkin' about.

I'm not Canadian, and I still get mocked for saying "eh". :angry:

I can't help it. :angry:

I'm a Yooper. :angry:

Everybody needs to stop teasing me. :angry:

I'm currently in a online relationship with Babydoll :)
We've been friends since March, but we only started to get close about 2-3 months ago.

I really, really like her alot, and I know she does too, and its come to point we're both starting to think on the same wavelenght.
We talk for hours every single day and had many conversations where we have both said the samething at the sametime.
Almost like it was meant to be. We seem to have developed a unique bond together :cute:

We have spoke to each other on the phone a few times, and they have been as great as our online conversations. And it gets better each day.

We are planning to meet on the next tour, so whose to say where the wind will take us :D

Last edited:
I agree with what everyone said, and it's best to be very cautious about the online stuff. You can develop feelings, it's only human. But people can and will hurt you just as much, maybe even more so because it's an online thing.

On the other hand I think it's also true that the same issues can apply to someone you talk to on the phone or even meet in person. People are usually trying to put their best foot forward and showing the aspects of themselves that they want to show, and hiding others. You can even be in a long term relationship with someone and not really know who they are, it often happens to people.

Your mind and heart can always play tricks on you when it comes to relationships, no matter what kind.

I know this thread is wicked old but I've been offline for 3 weeks and I'm having a night of interference catch-up (yeah I know its saturday but most of my friends are headed back to school at the moment). Anyway in high school I had an online relationship that was Intense. I actually started it by meeting the guy in person, he went to an international school in Europe that had a sister relationship with my school and they were visiting the US, and it was pretty instant attraction. I actually made a total fool of myself, we were at a movie withother friends after knowing eachother a day and he leaned over and said something during the commercials. I thought he said "I like you" and I thought well, bold, but I'll take it, so I said "I like you too." Turns out he'd said "like you" in reference to something in the commercial. I think my glowing red face lit up the theater. But the next day when he left he gave me a note returning the sentiment and I finagled his email address out of someone and thus began a 5 month thing of coordinating time zones to talk 5 hours a day online. Oooooheeey sleep deprivation. I saw him when my class visited Europe and his school but it was very brief, during the summer I was gearing up for college while he still had another year left of high school and I started to feel like we were in very different places so I broke it off. This was a very serious relationship, I truly believe that in some cases you can open up more online than in person and really get to know someone. But of course I had met him so I knew he wasnt some 50 year old ax murderer. He was so pissed he didn't talk to me for months even though there was some major civil unrest in his home country and I was freaking out about his family's safety. Ok the rest is irrelevant - we talk once in a while now but even though I spent the semester a short trip from him in Europe he never answered my requests to plutonically get together (we both have a boyfriend/girlfriend now).

Point is, it can be very, very real, and more intense than in person. But it can also fall apart because online its harder to see changes in someone, or get non-verbal cues or hear the tone of voice. So be careful, for more than just the abduction in the car reasons, but it can be quite real.

I got caught up in the whole online relationship thing before and it was a horrible experience. Talked to the guy for over a year everyday and honestly thought he cared about me. Turns out that he was just another online psycho! By complete accident I met one of his other "victims" who was so kind as to inform me of what was going on. She confirmed all of the suspicions I had been having but didn't want to believe were true. When confronted he showed me just what a true asshole he really was! Hurt like hell to see that he never gave a damn about me and made me look like an idiot in front of friends and family.

My 2nd online relationship was one of those things that just happened! After so many years of friendship with talking online and the phone it just involved into something more. Now after almost 4 years it just keeps getting better every day :).

Love exisits all around you just have to be willing to open your heart to it. However like with everything else you need to tread cautiously. Unfortunately there are all kinds in this world!

BonosBaby12 said:
I
Love exisits all around you just have to be willing to open your heart to it. However like with everything else you need to tread cautiously. Unfortunately there are all kinds in this world!

Yea, sure. I"ve heard this one before... and still nothing on my way. And please dont tell me that my heart is not open. Maybe just destroyed,not my fault though :wink:

Last edited:
Meh... I think a person from an online world can just as well be your lover in real life too. Sure, you need to watch out these days and don't jump in straight away. But isn't that just the same thing in real life? When you meet someone, you never know what you get. Think of all those rapists and murderers and lunatics out there.

I've met my boyfriend online as well... Not on a dating site or something, but on a forum. I sent him an e-mail, and we knew each other for about 4 years before it really started to 'go somewhere', and then I decided to meet him. I've been in a relationship with him for almost 3 years now, and he still hasn't threat me yet with a knife or stolen my money :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom