Eek!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Palace_Hero

Refugee, Note: Troll-like
The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference.
My baby cousin has been taken to hospital after a seizure. It is his first birthday on Saturday but it looks like his party is off. :| The bad news is that he was moved from the local hospital to a bigger one half an hour away, that doesn't signal great confidence for me. Poor little bastard. Get well soon Alex.

It's the little fella in my sister's arms below:
emalsa.jpg

Last edited:
Do you always call your cousins bastard? :der:

How old is your sis? She looks quite young to have two kids! Very cute though.

Hope he gets well soon!! :)

aw! My boyfriend started having seizures this past spring. It can be scary and there's lots of tests to do that take a long time to schedule or get results for (except maybe you have a better system in Oz), so just take it one day at a time....

Sicy said:
Do you always call your cousins bastard? :der:

How old is your sis? She looks quite young to have two kids! Very cute though.

Hope he gets well soon!! :)

He's my cousin, hence he is the son of my aunty and uncle, my sis is just holding him, she would be 15 in that picture.

It is a turn of phrase to call someone a 'poor bastard'.

I'll let you know if he gets better/worse folks. He always had a strange shaped head round the back which had worried some family members but this is the first real issue I've heard of with him.

Last edited:
Turns out his seizure was brought on by a fever and overheating as a result of it. Thankfully it isn't serious problem in terms of recourrence/physical problems, according to doctors he showed classic symptoms and it should be a one off thing. Thats what scared me the most, the possibility he could be epileptic or something of the variety that would affect him throughout his life.

It is his birthday tomorrow (17th) and hopefully he'll come out of hospital where he is currently staying to be monitored.

Thanks for the comments folks, appreciate it.

Palace_Hero said:
Turns out his seizure was brought on by a fever and overheating as a result of it. Thankfully it isn't serious problem in terms of recourrence/physical problems, according to doctors he showed classic symptoms and it should be a one off thing. Thats what scared me the most, the possibility he could be epileptic or something of the variety that would affect him throughout his life.

It is his birthday tomorrow (17th) and hopefully he'll come out of hospital where he is currently staying to be monitored.

Thanks for the comments folks, appreciate it.

THat's great news!! Febrile seizures are very common in babies, my friends son had a few of them when he was little, they can be very scary!!

Glad to hear the updated news Palace_Hero. It must of been very scary for your cousin and all your family, but at least it isn't anything too serious.:up:

Happy to hear about the good news, Palace. :hug:

...and what a beautiful sister you have btw. That is one cute picture! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom