dunno what to do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady luck

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I am in a strange situation..

I have a relationship with a guy and we're living toghether -- our story starts back in the first days of September..

BUT
before meeting him I had a long time relationship with the man of my dreams.. problem is... he lives in L.A.

Now he came back to me with an email, telling me that he's still in love with me (!!!!) and saying that he'll be in Italy in a couple of weeks.
He asks me if I am in love with him or if I want him to leave me alone.. And I dunno what to do!!!

:sad: :sad: :sad:

That's a hard situation. A major bummer for the guy you're living with now too :( But if you didn't have some feelings still for the guy in L.A. you probably wouldn't have made this post right? Does he know about your current boyfriend?

I guess what it comes down to is who you can't live without. A year from now at this time, which guy can you ideally picture yourself with and still being happy..

I happen to know your story and i vote for the current guy. Life is REALLY so predictable in a way: fist NOTHING, then EVERYTHING. First off: if your current boyfriend is a GOOD person,i"d just say:dont be mad! I know that you are bright and know deep in the heart which boy is a better person. I dont know anything about your current boyfriend and how did your relationship end, but ...as far as i know he wasnt exactly happy sunshine for you. You were hurt and you better think at least twice what to do. Part me for being cynical but it is a bit strange that he suddenly knows he is in love with you. Be careful and watch over your curreent happiness. :hug:

in fact the relation ended coz I betrayed him...

AngelofHarlem01, you're absolutely right: I am wondering about this situation coz I know the person I am with now is a good guy but I cannot see us together in, say, 20 years..
Plus, I've just known that he will probably accept a work that will keep him away from our town for 5 months. And that will be just the beginning.. He still doesn't know if he's gonna stay in Italy or travel abroad.
If he stays in Italy, he says it'll be possible to come to me on his "day-off": but of course that could mean seeing each other more or less two times a month..

did you move in with your current boyfriend? if you did, and you don't see it working out, and are interested in the "man of your dreams" then why did you move in with him?

Remember: If you go back to your old boyfriend, this will be the second time in a row that you betray someone.

Copy said:
Remember: If you go back to your old boyfriend, this will be the second time in a row that you betray someone.

Good point. I dunno where this is going to take you, lady Luck. You can do better. Being a good person is the most important thing in the world after all. And love is not about calculating.

Edit:part me for not being incredebly romantic, but grass is always greener somewhere else. The guy you are with..you are building your life with him, living life in a day, having his support,i guess...which is, in my modest opinion, far more valuable then some distant romance.( if you LIVE with that guy, you might be suprised.)
Sorry for harsh honesty, i care for you, thats all.

Last edited:
U2Man said:
hmm.. why would you betray 'the man of your dreams'? :confused:

he was 10.000 km away.. and I was in need of having someone close to me more than I expected. When the guy I'am with now shows me his interest... well I immediatly fell...

I am not proud of that but that's simply what happened.

well, I don't know how things are going to go on...
well, thanks anyway for the items of advice!

BonoManiac said:
Lady Luck I'm just curious as to what part of Italy you're from. I'm not from Italy but I have an Italian background as my entire family is from there.

I live 50 km from Milan and I go to the city every day coz I work there. It's in the north of the country.

Where's your family from?

lady luck said:

I live 50 km from Milan and I go to the city every day coz I work there. It's in the north of the country.

Where's your family from?

Mainly from the south. My father's side is all from la Basilicata while my Mom is from Abruzzo and Palermo.

I have been to Italy once and that was 17 years ago. I stayed almost exclusively in the south visiting family. I would love to visit again but this time go north.

:up: -- it's a good idea.
You can see Milan, but also a lot of other beautiful places: Verona, Firenze, Venezia.

Plus, there are the Alpes.. :drool: or the seaside (Genova, in Liguria: :drool: :drool: )

ps: what is CTU Los Angeles??

BonoManiac said:

It's a reference from one of my favourite TV shows called "24" (or venti quattro):wink:

Ohh yeaaaah I know it!!

And Liesje, you are absolutely right.
I've already learned the importance of honesty and loyalty..

Back
Top Bottom