Don't slam me, but the news forum has taken a lot of the fun out of this site to me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Okay don't get mad at me, I like the news forum and HelloAngel does and excellent job and we are all very proud.

It's just that before the news forum, it was more fun for me, don't know if anyone else feels that way or not. Why? Please let me explain. For one thing, I'll admit it, because it was fun to find the news story and be the first to post it. But even if you get beat to the punch by someone else, it was always interesting to see who did post it first and what personal spin each individual would put on reporting it. Even us PLEBA girls liked finding the stories and posting them there, for those girls who only go there (hopefully with hot pics included of course!) It was entertaining, like a game, and was a lot of the fun of this site IMO.

Now that it all has to be sent to one person and she's the only one who can post it, it seems like EYKIW has dried up and slowed down and become more bitchy oriented and boring than before. It used to be so alive with news and all the comments. Now the news stories on the news forum usually get only one or two responses, if that. Those same types of stories, when posted as a thread on EYKIW in a 'hey guess what!' type of way by somebody would draw about 30-40 responses. I don't think most members appreciate it as much like that, all official and matter-of-fact, as they did when all of us were reporters. Maybe some people have never even thought about it that way, but that's the underlying reason. I only realized this yesterday myselfAgain, no offense to the news forum or its editor, it's just how I feel about the situation in general. Has anyone else felt this way or notice the deterioration of EYKIW since the news forum took over all news? Just wondering.

Last edited:
HelloAngel does a terrific job as Editor for the News Forum. :up:

My personal feeling is, I find it more convinient to have all the news in one spot all the time, instead of going to EYKIW and finding five threads on one subject. It just makes things a lot easier, and I'm sure one of the reasons that forum was created was because other people felt this way as well.

In addition, I believe the recent "deterioration" of EYKIW may have more to do with the fact that there had been quite a lot of fighting going on due to things not U2-news related. It seems like it's back on track now, though. :)

Just my .02.

It doesnt bother me to have it, I actually like it bc lately for some reason I cant access youtwo.net or sometimes U2.com to get the news on U2. So its really nice to have it right there and easy to locate.

Thanks Hello Angel :hug:

I forgot we had a news forum....

*runs to check on the latest U2 news... :crack:

I think the bummer is that more people don't utilize the U2 News forum and have discussions there. Why is it that those threads get 100's of views yet many go with zero replies? Obviously, that means I haven't replied either...but I've replied a few times in the past, and no discussion or other comments really come out.

Perhaps we should try to create more discussion over there.

Oh...and as far as being the first one to find the news...if you send something to HelloAngel that she uses, she will include your name with it...that's what I've always seen her do. :)

Bonochick said:
I think the bummer is that more people don't utilize the U2 News forum and have discussions there. Why is it that those threads get 100's of views yet many go with zero replies? Obviously, that means I haven't replied either...but I've replied a few times in the past, and no discussion or other comments really come out.

:yes:

I really don't think it was HA's intent to make it a "she posts the stories and you read them and move along" type forum. I have seen her say on many occasions that she wants discussion. I respond occasionally in there, but I think that if more people did that, it would become more "interactive."

I think the past problems in EYKIW stems from stubbornness mixed with ego, not the lack of news.

Bonochick said:

Perhaps we should try to create more discussion over there.

That would help, if we could have discussions there. I wonder if most members even know that's okay, or do they think it's a read only thing like other sites' news pages? It's good to have the the news forum to keep everything together and archived, but I hope we will still be able to post news stories on EYKIW or PLEBA without the thread being locked up saying 'this is already posted on the news forum' or 'this belongs on the news forum.' Lots of subjects are so much more interesting with the personal slant on them, like I said in my first post. Like those stories of Bono speaking at colleges- when that's on the news forum as -AP Report- Bono to speak at Whatever College- it's kind of oh, well, and most people probably would just take in that info but not bother to click on the thread. But, like right now, when people post on EYKIW "BONO IS COMING TO MY SCHOOL!" that makes it more interesting and entertaining, and it gets lots of responses! That's the kind of thing I'm talking about, the news is more fun when it's made more interesting by a fan's post and not just an anticeptic news story. But having both is fine! :D

I'm a dork because I didn't even know we were allowed to post in the News Forum.

I've posted a few times lately and then no one else did so I just thought it wasn't allowed.

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom