Do you sing in the car?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allanah said:

But the best thing? Those late night drives when my best friend is in town, and we'll put it on our local cheesy soft-rock station and re-live our childhoods. There's nothing quite like belting out "I Want to Know What Love Is" or "I Said I Loved You But I Lied" (good lord, remember that song?) or anything by Journey or Phil Collins. Yes, I mean BELTING. Without irony.

Have I mentioned that I'm a dork of gigantic proportions?

I don't sing in my car, nor do I allow anyone else too (especially my sister) - I have a no singing rule. I know, I'm mean :reject:.

With the exception of Journey songs. Journey songs are meant for car singing. Very, very bad car singing.

Absolutely:yes: And I regularly play drums on the steering wheel - I'm always getting busted by people in other cars, particularly when stopped at the traffic lights.:wink:
I don't care - If i give someone a giggle on their way to work, that's gotta be a good thing :)

I sing along. Usually I play Malian or French music whilst in my car since it is a little slice of my day in which I can transport myself back to Africa sonically. And it helps me keep my Bambara abilities in shape. Although I must admit that it would sound funny to someone listening...I skip words that I don't understand/know all the time.

"Don ka jan, a sebali te, sira janya janya...lalalalala..."

:dance:

mandy1973 said:
And I regularly play drums on the steering wheel
:yes: :yes:

Originally posted by mandy1973 I'm always getting busted by people in other cars, particularly when stopped at the traffic lights.:wink:
That's because you're a girl :wink:

I have a tendancy to do the headbang too. Tend to 'behave' whilst sat still in traffic, but sometimes forget!

I don't sing, but I often bop around and drum my fingers on the steering wheel to the beat, :wink:

I have a really bad memory for lyrics anyway, even the songs I love. If I tried to sing, for majority of time it would probably be mumblemumblemumble until the chorus.

'Fess up, dazzlingamy! I want to know which artist that was... :D

I sing in the car all the time, as long as I'm alone... anyone else in the car, and the music gets turned down to a non-deafening volume and I pretend I don't know the words. :lol:
I'm also very happy in my delusion that no one else can see or hear me when I do sing...

I've had Rattle & Hum in the car for a couple of weeks, I love howling along to Hawkmoon 269...
"LIKE THUNDER NEEDS RAIN, LIKE A PREACHER NEEDS PAIN, I NEED YOUR LOOOVE..." :rockon:

:reject:

well i dont drive, but that doesnt stop me bopping along in the car...i love people looking and laughing coz i smile and wave at them then turn it up and sing and dance more :lol:

yeah and my mum pretends not to know me

I don't have a car but I have a scooter. And yes I do sing...very loud! And yes, everyone hears me (a helmet doesn't cut the sound!) and since I live in a very small town, everyone knows me. Sometimes they even come in the store I work and ask: So, what song were you singing a while ago?!

And I do play a bit of drums on me handles. I don't care what people think really. At least they know I'm having fun and it sure does put a smile on other peoples faces!

Alisaura said:
I love howling along to Hawkmoon 269...
"LIKE THUNDER NEEDS RAIN, LIKE A PREACHER NEEDS PAIN, I NEED YOUR LOOOVE..." :rockon:

YES!!! I scream that to the top of my lungs!

:whistle: Only when I'm the woods :shifty:

I like to sing Hallelujah Here She Comes when I'm on walks. I'm pretty sure people hear me sometimes... :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom