do you like yourself?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Usually.

But I can be very difficult. I'm low-maintenance, but I'm very set in my ways and that isn't always the best trait.

I dunno. I guess I like myself.

There are some things. I think people can be annoyed by me b/c I am to "jolly".

I sometimes wish I just could brush off what others thought of me.

Mainly, I really don't like where I am. I know I am getting to where I want to be. But it just seems so far away. And it can really be frustrating to be in classes getting my second bachelors. I'll just put it this way. I sincerely hope I didn't act like some of these guys...

But I don't know. I'm also proud of me for actually going back a step to get my goal.

I've said too much. Bye

I like myself :) I have issues as everyone does, but I'm generally happy and comfortable to be alone with myself.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Most of the time, yes. But there are some nagging issues that I haven't quite figured out how to deal with completely, and it really bothers me that I still have some of them.

That about sums it up for me, too.

Uberbeaver said:

No, I loathe myself. I could list all the reasons why, but, I don't want to crash the site. Suffice to say, I'm simply not a fan of myself.

Come on Beav, there has to be something you like about yourself??? I mean, you........um.......well, you're.......huh.....let's see.........er.......well, you like U2...wait........uh.......yeah, you're right.

struckpx said:
not right now, mainly b/c no one else does as well. tomorrow will be better.

Don't let others shape how you think of yourself.

And I've found in life, that as bad as it may seem, someone out there does care, it may not be the ones you want to at that paticular moment, but someone does...

Very few people are completely unlikeable in this world...

FitzChivalry said:
And yes, I would want to hang around me if I weren't me. (For one thing, I have great taste in music! :wink: )

same for me :wink:

i dunno. i often loathe myself, but I don't think I'm an obnoxious person to be around. i can be a jerk but only when I want to, usually I'm pretty agreeable. I just sometimes think I'm boring, and I just have the fortune of having extremely talented, funny, amazing, non-boring friends. I suppose if they all wanna hang around me I can't totally suck :shrug: i often don't feel worthy of them though.

About 90% of the time, yes. But in all honesty, I have a hard time understanding why people want to hang around with me because I annoy the hell out of myself sometimes :shrug:

Bono's American Wife said:
About 90% of the time, yes. But in all honesty, I have a hard time understanding why people want to hang around with me because I annoy the hell out of myself sometimes :shrug:

What you find annoying, others deem likeable...haha

I have been struggling with this question for the last few years.
I hate that I have no self-esteem and no self-confidence. I hate that I feel like I am ugly. But I want to change and I hope to change. But I know what my problem is: I am too afraid to take risks and chances. Over the years, I have had crushes on girls and I was too afraid to talk to them because I feel like a ugly loser. I wish I had the confidence to just go up to people and just be myself and not worry about what I look like. I hate feeling like this. So to answer the question: yes, I don't like myself. But I want to like myself and I want to change. Hopefully, that will happen.

Like most people i have issues.
I'm trying to be more confident and in group situations i tend to step backwards out of the spotlight because i lack self-assurance- i guess i'm more of an observer and listener than a talker which is beneficial sometimes but i tend to judge people too quickly and i think others may find me unapproachable or uninterested because of it, although once i get to know people I'm friendly, warm and funny. I tend to attach myself to a small group of close friends rather than being the life of the party- i play life too safely.

However I'm a very passionate person- sometimes stubbornly- and will fight for what I believe and the people who i love and value.

Although I have my faults I think that by working on them I'll somehow change, i know dramatic changes just aren't possible because I'm a product of my place and past and i can't suddenly pretend to be something i'm not.

So, do i like myself- of course not. I don't hate myself either. I'm at a happy point in the middle where i know i'm not perfect and i accept it. I'm only 18 and don't yet have the life experiences to come to any sure conclusions about myself, so i won't yet declare my hatred or love for myself... although i hope someday i love and respect myself enough to love someone else for life...

ok that's my rant for the day...

Yeah, I guess so. I'm ok with me. I have my moments. But I can be an asshole, and I'm moody. I think I used to be a lot nicer. I guess I got jaded somewhere long the way. I used to emphatize with people, now I feel contempt for many of them. That can't be good. Though, I still do lean towards giving thebenefit of the doubt to many people that probably don't deserve it.

I also lack assertiveness, but I think a lot of that comes from an utter sense of indifference towards most subjects and not a confidence issue. When I want something, I tend to figure out a way to get it. I just haven't wanted anything bad enough to assert myself in quite sometime. I think people end to take advantage sometimes, but again, that's indifference. I'm no alpha male, but I'll fight dirty if I need to. I don't give a fuck.

I'd like to find a career I enjoy. I'm good at what I do, but I'd probably be happier elsewhere. But I don't want to start all over - I like getting paid. :happy:

I'd rate me a 78.3%. I think I used to be an 84%. I hope to bring that number back up.

Varitek said:
Yeah, but I don't get along with people who are really similar to me

I'm exactly the opposite. I absolutely hate myself. I think I'm the worst person who has ever lived and have no redeeming qualities, but I'm really drawn to people who are similar to me. I like everyone who isn't me, though.

:yes: Well yes. Though I do believe I let circumstances keep me from trying new things. And, I can be very critical of myself. So I think you would like me cuz I like me!!:D

I have my moments where I don't like myself, sometime I don't like the things I do or say. I'm super critical of myself, especially after having a baby, I'm currently working through some emotional issues after the baby.

But mostly, I say...90% of the time I love me:heart:

Acrobat Angel said:
Like most people i have issues.
I'm trying to be more confident and in group situations i tend to step backwards out of the spotlight because i lack self-assurance- i guess i'm more of an observer and listener than a talker which is beneficial sometimes but i tend to judge people too quickly and i think others may find me unapproachable or uninterested because of it, although once i get to know people I'm friendly, warm and funny. I tend to attach myself to a small group of close friends rather than being the life of the party- i play life too safely.

However I'm a very passionate person- sometimes stubbornly- and will fight for what I believe and the people who i love and value.

Although I have my faults I think that by working on them I'll somehow change, i know dramatic changes just aren't possible because I'm a product of my place and past and i can't suddenly pretend to be something i'm not.

So, do i like myself- of course not. I don't hate myself either. I'm at a happy point in the middle where i know i'm not perfect and i accept it. I'm only 18 and don't yet have the life experiences to come to any sure conclusions about myself, so i won't yet declare my hatred or love for myself... although i hope someday i love and respect myself enough to love someone else for life...

ok that's my rant for the day...

That describes me as well, thanks. The only thing that I would chance would be the age, from 18 to 19. Oh, and the fact that I can't spell, and can't do math that well, and have no clue what I want to do with my life.

UberBeaver said:
Yeah, I guess so. I'm ok with me. I have my moments. But I can be an asshole, and I'm moody. I think I used to be a lot nicer. I guess I got jaded somewhere long the way. I used to emphatize with people, now I feel contempt for many of them. That can't be good. Though, I still do lean towards giving thebenefit of the doubt to many people that probably don't deserve it.

I also lack assertiveness, but I think a lot of that comes from an utter sense of indifference towards most subjects and not a confidence issue. When I want something, I tend to figure out a way to get it. I just haven't wanted anything bad enough to assert myself in quite sometime. I think people end to take advantage sometimes, but again, that's indifference. I'm no alpha male, but I'll fight dirty if I need to. I don't give a fuck.

I'd like to find a career I enjoy. I'm good at what I do, but I'd probably be happier elsewhere. But I don't want to start all over - I like getting paid. :happy:

I'd rate me a 78.3%. I think I used to be an 84%. I hope to bring that number back up.

That sounds familiar.

Actually, you've just caused me an epiphany. You know how there's people who you just think 'yeah, they're ok.. good people. not sure why, but there goes one of them'? You're one of them to me. I don't know you, which makes this even harder to explain. I might just stop.

:hmm:

Joerags, you can still like yourself even if you are not a fan of your physical self. The stuff inside is what needs your help, anyway.
:hug:

Angela Harlem said:
You know how there's people who you just think 'yeah, they're ok.. good people. not sure why, but there goes one of them'? You're one of them to me. I don't know you, which makes this even harder to explain. I might just stop.

I think decency tends to "shine through". A lot of people try to highlight it and accentuate it, but you can usually tell that these people are full of shit. Since I'm a shining beacon of Awesome, I think you just feel the decency pour off me. Plus I think the ability to be an idiotic asshole without really ever being mean (except to NSW, but he's a fucking Cock Bagel Douche Bag and he deserves what he gets) probably helps my cause. And I'm humble to boot. And thank you. :D

Angela Harlem said:

Actually, you've just caused me an epiphany. You know how there's people who you just think 'yeah, they're ok.. good people. not sure why, but there goes one of them'? You're one of them to me. I don't know you, which makes this even harder to explain. I might just stop.

Unless of course you're talking about VeritgoGal in which case I totally agree. That being said, it does not mean that I am no longer a shining beacon of Awesome. That still stands.

I've had some issues with myself in the past, and still have some occasionally. But overall I think I like myself, yes :) Of course there will always be ups and downs and sometimes I can be a real pain the ass, but hey, that comes with life, right :wink:

VertigoGal said:
would you want to be around yourself...if you had the option?
If I had the ability to be around myself, and one of my selves pleasured the other myself, would that be gay or just masturbation?

If I was female, though, I'd totally pleasure myself with myself. No questions asked.

yes. mostly. i think i'd be annoyed at my quirks/flaws, but i am already annoyed at that, so it might be a good thing, i could kick my own ass with my actual foot instead of that voice in my head that uses the words "should" and "ought" a whole lot. i have a feeling that if i were hanging out with myself, i'd probably like my good qualities a lot more, and dislike my bad qualities a lot more.

there was a time when it was less that i didn't like myself, but felt that certain things about myself totally negated all the qualities i liked about myself. like i was ultimately just a waste of space, or futile. like in that Peanuts cartoon when Sally is jumping rope and she suddenly stops, and Linus asks her why she was just standing, she replies, "‘I was jumping rope… everything was all right when… I don’t know… suddenly it all seemed so futile."

i get that a lot.

for the young-ish people, i think it gets better. one of the best things about being over 25 is that you begin to accept yourself a whole lot more and simply worry less about what other people think of you.

and, Canadians, i think it wouldn't be either "gay" or "masturbation," it would be incest.

gross, you. :madspit:

UberBeaver said:

I think decency tends to "shine through". A lot of people try to highlight it and accentuate it, but you can usually tell that these people are full of shit. Since I'm a shining beacon of Awesome, I think you just feel the decency pour off me. Plus I think the ability to be an idiotic asshole without really ever being mean (except to NSW, but he's a fucking Cock Bagel Douche Bag and he deserves what he gets) probably helps my cause. And I'm humble to boot. And thank you. :D

I rest my case.

Back
Top Bottom