Do you get banned for telling someone FOAD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

*Stormy*

Just asking before I do it. I am REALLY tired of the harrassment and false accusations of- someone. Tell me now to hold my temper. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I'm tearing out my hair!!!! Must calm down!!!!

Okay I have it out of my system now that I see it in print. I certainly hope the person will stop finding fault in unintended things. I need to get off here. I'm going to a concert tonight and I should be happy. Deep breath. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
IHATEHERIHATEHERIHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Primal scream therapy. I feel better now. I'm not going to say it. Sorry, someone can delete this now.

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 04-16-2002).]

Stormy, settle down.

Look what you did to this thread too.

You jacked it all out of whack.

Sorry but I felt the need to fix the thread.
Messed up tables and horizontal scrolls are a pet peeve of mine.

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 04-16-2002).]

huh? whatever it is, it's just an INTERNET forum. Hardly worth getting too worked up over.
frown.gif

Just go have fun at the concert and forget about this place.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 04-16-2002).]

Yknow, maybe if you tried to whine less and post less negative comments, you wouldnt come across as misunderstood.

Just a thought.

And yes, whenever you get upset its good to take a break from the forum.

It works for me.

Wow Stormy, calm down...like Sula said, its just a forum. If it upsets you so much, take a short break and get some perspective but don't let it get you to the point where you're screaming that you hate someone. That's scary.

And not to add to your problems, but Sicy is right, your posts have been really negative and kinda hostile lately.

Alright then...

It's this sort of unfortunate, childish behavior that really makes me not ever want to come back here. Frankly, if you cannot take someone else's opinion with an even hand perhaps a DISCUSSION board is not the place to come. Myself included. Take a break and come back when communication does not become a land mine, I think I'll do the same.

-Bluey

If I am negative it's because of the vibes I'm getting. I will take a break.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
If I am negative it's because of the vibes I'm getting. I will take a break.

Stormy: When people arrive at this forum, they tend to bring parts of their personality with them, both good and bad. Once a person gets settled in, other members will often form an opinion of their personality based on their posts and attitudes towards their peers. It happens, but it is just an internet community. Some people forget that (I myself have been guilty of this on a few occasions).

I guess what I am trying to suggest is, I don't think any of us here were against you at the beginning, but perhaps there were some incidents that formed that negative outlook? I hope if you take a break it helps. A few days away will do wonders, trust me.

Take a deep breath. In with the good. Out with the bad. Think happy thoughts. I like to think of happy things. Flowers. Snow Flakes on my tounge. Viggo naked covered in honey.
wink.gif
aahhhh yea babay!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ghetofabu:
Take a deep breath. In with the good. Out with the bad. Think happy thoughts. I like to think of happy things. Flowers. Snow Flakes on my tounge. Viggo naked covered in honey.
wink.gif
aahhhh yea babay!
biggrin.gif

hmm. not knowing who this viggo character is i did a search on him/her and this gentleman was the number 2 google result:
picture_of_me.jpeg

hmm, an interesting choice to cover in honey. i'm surprised you fancy a swedish computer science professor
wink.gif

if your gonna get banned, better go all out and dont leave anything behind. let it all out and shake it all about.

say it all while you got the chance.

------------------
-deathbear

Nothing on here is worth tearing your hair out.

Most of us are adults here.
And I'm quite certain there are more important things in life to tear your hair out for.

Keep it all in perspective, Stormy.

This is a great place, full of great people.
Connotations are easily misformed all the time due to the lack of intended tone in our posts.

We are all human. And we must all pick our battles.
We also must learn to perceive which battles are worth staking and which are worth passing.

------------------
I can scream as loud as your last one, but I can't claim innocence.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

Keep it all in perspective, Stormy.

This is a great place, full of great people.
Connotations are easily misformed all the time due to the lack of intended tone in our posts.

We are all human. And we must all pick our battles.
We also must learn to perceive which battles are worth staking and which are worth passing.

Thanks to those of you who understand and tried to help. I will say again what I posted in the other thread:

I think there are a lot of misunderstandings on the internet because all we see are words. We cannot see each other's facial expressions or hear each other's tone of voice. Sometimes I think we may jump to conclusions based on what we THINK the person means, due to some past experience with someone else in our lives,or just the way we personally perceive things which can be very different from another person's intentions.

I just get really upset when someone tries to put something into my words and intentions that was not in my head and my heart when I wrote it. Regardless of if someone jumps in and says 'I don't see any twisting' doesn't mean it didn't happen. People see what they want to and disregard the rest. But to make a definite statement about me when you don't really know is unfair. I hate it when a person will take what they think and make it the truth when it isn't, or because they or someone they may have known thought or behaved that way that it is definitely what is happening because it's not. Don't put evil intentions in my head that were never there. I can't believe anyone would think such things, but we all have different minds. So consider that mine is different from yours and that just because you may have thought something does not make it true. Assumptions and jumping to conclusions is wrong. Because certain people are more well liked and popular their statements will be respected more than mine, but that still does not make it true. I had to vent, but I won't anymore. Next time I get bent out of shape I will sulk in private until I cool down. Sorry again for this thread.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

Originally posted by kobayashi:
hmm. not knowing who this viggo character is i did a search on him/her and this gentleman was the number 2 google result:
picture_of_me.jpeg

hmm, an interesting choice to cover in honey. i'm surprised you fancy a swedish computer science professor
wink.gif

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
*searches for Scary Fans of Viggo website, finds it in ZC*
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey now. Who you callin' scary?
biggrin.gif
When I start posting "Is Viggo elevated" threads, then you can lock me up in the scary fan bin.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

kobe, according to the encylopedia of all movie knowledge...IMDB, Viggo played the character of Lalin in Carlito's Way. And yes, you should see LOTR.

Regarding the initial thread topic:

This is a wonderful piece of advise I received, and is something I tell myself everyday
when I start to get upset over non life/death stuff.

I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN RUIN MY DAY

How did this thread turn into a Viggo thread? LOL Sula!
biggrin.gif

Not that I'm complaining! I mean *DROOL*

------------------
Looking for the one
But you know you're
somewhere else instead..
I want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head .....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
I just get really upset when someone tries to put something into my words and intentions that was not in my head and my heart when I wrote it. Regardless of if someone jumps in and says 'I don't see any twisting' doesn't mean it didn't happen. People see what they want to and disregard the rest. But to make a definite statement about me when you don't really know is unfair. I hate it when a person will take what they think and make it the truth when it isn't, or because they or someone they may have known thought or behaved that way that it is definitely what is happening because it's not. Don't put evil intentions in my head that were never there. I can't believe anyone would think such things, but we all have different minds. So consider that mine is different from yours and that just because you may have thought something does not make it true. Assumptions and jumping to conclusions is wrong. Because certain people are more well liked and popular their statements will be respected more than mine, but that still does not make it true. I had to vent, but I won't anymore. Next time I get bent out of shape I will sulk in private until I cool down. Sorry again for this thread.

To answer your question in the title of the topic:
I don't know, but whatever it is you're upset about, DON'T do it!

I think i understand what you are saying in this particular paragraph. Since it is the internet, things can get misunderstood or misinterpreted. That's what you meant, right?
And also, with so many people, arguments/misunderstandings are bound to happen.

However, most of the time things can (should) get resolved nicely. We're all only humans and even though we can sometimes bug each other like mad, essentially everyone is a good person down inside. (at least from my experience)

I wish i wasn't so stubborn and not get so worked up over stuff. (believe me, i can totally relate to that part of your thread) But it's a part of me, and i guess all i can do is try to control my temper.

What helps is :
- take a break from this place (it is refreshing not to post a thread every day)
- talk to the person in question in a civil manner if possible
- try not to get upset about/ignore stuff that potentially could make you mad. think and instead of reacting immediately and using your initial reaction, try responding after a night's sleep and react like you wish you could more often. (i tried using that recently and it worked well - i really don't have to jump up at every little thing someone decides to write. besides, it tells a lot more about them than it does about me is my attitude)

ps: Talking about things that get you mad is a step, i think. Let it out, and then you'll cool off. No need to apologize IMO.

Back
Top Bottom