Delimma of a life time! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Macphisto

War Child
Ok, so there is this girl....

I am currently going to college. I hate it here. I am bored as hell all week and have so much fun when I go home for the weekend. I dread coming back on Monday that it is almost overbearing. I talked with my parents this most recent weekend about maybe when the semester is over (Dec. 14) I could transfer to a smaller community college and just commute. Sounded good to me. The only reason I even wanted to stay here was b/c there is this girl that I was absolutely fixated on. However, last week some fella had told me that she had a boyfriend. So when I had the talk with my parents last weekend, I had no problem leaving. So... all I had to do was get through it for 2 more months.

So, today in one of my many classes with her I asked her how her weekend was and she replied "ehh.... I broke up with my boyfriend". Hoo baby. So... the delimma begins.

I really don't have any friends here that I would mind leaving behind. She is the only thing that would make me want to even stay here. However, I also just got out of a really long and involved relationship, so I don't think I am ready to date again. I am working with a small window of oppurtunity here. Should I just go ahead and transfer as already planned earlier (and most likely never see her again), or stay here for this girl? I have a hunch that we could really have something (good chemistry, lots in common), but is it worth it?

Help me out people... please!

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Do NOT, I repeat do NOT put yourself on hold just for a girl....live your life--if it's meant to happen it will work itself out.

Don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got. ~Janis Joplin :yes:

agreed. you'll meet MANY girls, but you'll only get this one chance for a good college education.

Yes. If there's something really there it'll work out even if you don't stay at the college.

:up:

I think you should let it go. Just b/c she broke up doesn't mean she's ready for another relationship. You could get stuck being a rebound boyfriend and maybe she's got baggage you're not aware of. I would definitly NOT advise putting your college education, thus possible career, on the line over a possible relationship.

I would also revisit why it is you want to transfer. That might be a more important issue to consider.

Back
Top Bottom