Death of Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sigh that is life :sad:

untitled.jpg

The pooch lived a good life, provided many moments of happiness and proved that i was capable of caring :heart:

I'm sorry for your loss. It is definitely the worst and hardest part about having pets. :( :hug:

I'm so sorry. :(

He was so cute! What was his name?

So sorry. :hug: I have been there recently. Your photos are adorable.

:hug: I'm sorry for your loss. Those are beautiful photos.

I lost mine two years ago this September and it's still so hard for me. Last night when I went for a walk I saw a dog who looked so much like her (she was black with white paws and this dog was too and the face was the same) and it made me tear up. Little kids used to say she stepped in paint.

The more time that goes by the more you can focus on the joy your pet gave you than the sadness of the loss.

Miss Flufferstuff...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/GreenLight711/100_0690.jpg?1279871870

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/GreenLight711/100_0024.jpg?1279871937

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/GreenLight711/100_0722.jpg?1279871967

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/GreenLight711/100_0516.jpg?t=1279871989 (a much younger me on the computer screen)

I remember it was spring of '04 when it happened. Gaaaaah I was a mess. Anyone that paid attention to my posts in the Cat Lovers thread knew I loved the furry little feline.

At the time she recently had kittens and, while traditionally a house cat (clearly from the pictures above), my dad decided it was too much of a hassle for her and the kittens to remain inside (she happened to give birth in the back space of me and my brother's closet). I certainly wasn't copacetic to the idea of letting her out, but then again, it wasn't my house :shrug: But I tried my best in making sure she and the kittens had a suitable place of rest anyhow (near our patio we had large blocks of firewood left over from the winter, so it seemed as good a place as any other).

Anyway, it's a weekday, I wake up early, ready myself for school, and head out the front door. On the way to the car I make my usual round by the firewood to bid farewell to the Flufferstuff. But something is different; terribly, terribly different. I see splotches of blood speckled sporadically about the ligneous tower. I look to the ground, the concrete walkway decorated in fur and splashes of red. I honestly can't remember all that was running through my head - how could anyone? - but that the environment I found myself in had the distinct feeling of a crime scene; the kind you see at the beginning of all those late night cop dramas, or Michael Mann films.

But anyway, I avert my gaze a little further, into our front yard, and set sight of a macabre trail of deceased kittens, all strung out in the most iniquitous line, leading up to their lifeless mother and my good friend. The sun was shining, the weather was perfect, but I still felt like I was caught in the middle of a hurricane.

A few yards further was the body of another black cat, this one male. I can only assume that while this little feline massacre was taking place, I lay nestled snug in my bed, hitting the "snooze" for what was probably the twentieth time :sigh:

But all was not lost. After I cleared the yard of the numerous cat carcasses and telephoned my mother of the incident, I started hearing a tiny whimper emanating from the stack of lumber. I immediately rushed to the source of the faint cry, fumbling my hands throughout a splintery crevice, and took hold the tiny creature wrestling in the dark, its body spared from the misfortune of his kitten kin.

Overall, though, not one of my better days... :depressed:

That once tiny kitten is still hoppin' and beboppin', though. His name is Mr. Binx and I think I have a few photos somewhere on this dang computer...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/GreenLight711/me4.jpg?t=1279872883 (this was taken later that year, I believe, sometime around Christmas)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/GreenLight711/1st036.jpg?1279878014 (and this was actually taken just this past Christmas)

But yes, so I suppose my needless sob story of a cat who, unfortunately, did not possess another 8 lives was to, in some odd way, make you feel better. I don't want to say it's a sort of "misery loves company" kind of thing, but sometimes it's just comforting to hear from people with whom you feel you can relate.

I really am truly, terribly sorry for your loss, CrashedCarDriver - he was certainly a handsome little devil, too. It's amazing how attached you can get, seeing things in the little animals that most strangers probably wouldn't recognize, almost like a parent taking particular notice of the idiosyncratic behavior of their child. You grow to know them so well, they become a part of you and, when they die, it feels like a part of you went with them.

Sad, sad story--bless you! Miss Flufferstuff reminds me a lot of my dear departed Miss Purrl, who left us five years ago at the grand old age of 20-1/2. The highchair picture is priceless! You and Mr. Binx are handsome fellows. :hug:

Why thank ya :)

As for Miss Purrl... 20 years old?? :eek: She must've been taken great care of. Flufferstuff had only been with us, oh, maybe 7 years or so - the hardest part is that moment when you first realize what has happened, and the incident replays in your head over and over, on a maddening loop... :sigh:

Yes, she was 20-1/2. She was a stray that came down the hill from barn on our landlord's property in October 1984. Her brother Ozzie was already with us, and my son kept him for many years--must have been some long-life genes in that litter of kitties. :heart: Miss Purrl got gum cancer, which quickly spread into her sinus cavities, so there was no hope of her getting better. Even on that last trip to the vet, she was still her own sweet self: I can still see her little trusting face. That was in January 2005, and it still just rips my heart out. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom