Dating: easier for men or women?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess to me the length of the friendship does not matter. I think there's a facebook statement to like to that affect that has been going around lately:wink:

I would not go out with someone I had no prior desire to spend time with (not that there's anything wrong with doing that). I just don't understand how losing a boyfriend, girlfriend or whatever is not also losing a friend. I get the tainting memories part, but if you have had a serious relationship there would still be plenty of memories tainted.

Way late to the thread, but to answer Romi, it's not that you say that at least they aren't a friend, it's that you don't have to break up twice. It's pretty much impossible to remain friends with someone after you've broken up. I'm sure it can happen, but I know of no real life examples.

As for whether it's harder for men or women, I don't really know. I find it difficult in LaLa land sometimes because well it's LA. I should really try the Online thing but have just never really pulled the trigger.

(edit)
I am still great friends with more of my former girlfriends than not. That is due to the fact that in most cases, we were both honest enough to realize that we might not be the best for one another as part of a "couple" but we are great enough to be a friends.

And in those cases, whether we were friends before the relationship or not, we were both honest, caring and put the effort into being not just a couple but great friends too. Who wouldn't want to date or be married to someone that they felt that kinship with? I think it's great when you can build a solid relationship like that.

Are there some you can't be friends with? Yes. Those that are filthy, lying, backstabbing, * censored * cheaters? Yeah. Those I can see dismissing from one's life.

Obviously that hurts one to that degree and/or there is that level of dishonesty... they aren't worth spit anyway.

Not all breakups are bad. Not all breakups have to be bad. And as long as both are fair, honest and mature... you can remain friends and in some cases that I have expreienced, very good friends.

I am still great friends with more of my girlfriends than not. But that is due to the fact that in most cases, we were both honest enough to realize that we might not be the best for one another as part of a "couple" but we are great enough to be a friends. Obviously someone that hurts one to that degree and/or there is that level of dishonesty... they aren't worth spit anyway.

Are there some you can't be friends with? Yes. Those that are filthy, lying, backstabbing, * censored * cheaters? Yeah. Those I can see dismissing from one's life.

Not all breakups are bad. Not all breakups have to be bad. And as long as both are fair, honest and mature... you can remain friends and in some cases that I have expreienced, very good friends.

this.

I'm actually still casual friends with two of my exes.

People shouldn't rush to take everything personally on the internet, certainly. People also shouldn't rush to make posts in a snide tone that they're well-aware will be taken as such and then hide behind the ol' "Oh, simmer down, you're not really getting upset over something on the internet are you?" line.

People shouldn't rush to take everything personally on the internet, certainly. People also shouldn't rush to make posts in a snide tone that they're well-aware will be taken as such and then hide behind the ol' "Oh, simmer down, you're not really getting upset over something on the internet are you?" line.

oh, you were reading my mind?

Like attracts like?

I don't know this ranch of which you speak, but I'm glad you found your happy place :D

It's not easier for anyone-and no, it's not rare for a woman not to be asked out. Especially the older you get when you can start to feel invisible. So that's just not true, sorry.

I hate the idea of "dating" honestly..I would just like to know guys who I can be myself with and not have to play any games or put on any airs or be in phony forced uncomfortable situations. And just be real and real caring friends with each other.

If you take an emotional risk and put yourself out there and it doesn't work out-yes it hurts but ultimately it's a learning experience. The most important person you have to have a relationship first with is with yourself.

I'd much rather be lonely "without" someone than be lonely because I can't be comfortable being alone. Honestly I love than I can be.

God short people are so easily agitated. :tsk: They should get a fuse longer than their legs for a change!

But they're so cute and tiny and loveable just as they are! I like to pick them up and run through fields and then bring them to happy places with big rubber bouncy castles and watch them jump and jump on their little stumpy cute legs. A fuse would get in the way. WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom