crying is great medicine!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Yesterday I felt really stressed out and depressed. I had a good cry. I must have cried for at least an hour. Did it hurt? Yes. Did it help me? Heck, yes! I got rid of months of stress and hurt. I hate it that some people think it's a sign of weakness or whatever, I think this is a huge mistake. Bottling up emotion is just about the worst thing you can do. Expressing it is the right thing to do.

I'm pretty much incapable of it. The last time I did was a known side effect of anaesthetic wear off about five years ago. It certainly does feel good, though, and I'm willing to admit it.

Melon

I hate to say this, but I think it's easier for a woman to do this, at least in the U.S. They have that absolutely insane notion of "big boys don't cry". I hate that. It's so fake.

A good cathartic cry is one of life's blessings. I've been under a lot of stress lately with school, my internship, the Presidential election, lack of finances, and family strain. I've been crying alot because sometimes I feel very alone in the world. I hope things get better soon.

Hugs to you, Verte76.

you are so right, verte. sometimes all you really need is a good cry to get whatever's bothering you out of your system.

hope things are better for you soon. :hug:

I cry , especialy when i am insecure about something. it helps me to gain new energy to fight for the things i believe in.

I may cry again, I've still got some pain and stress to deal with. I have to admit that the recent Election was incredibly stressful for me also, I won't get into an FYM thing here, but I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way. I'm so thankful I can cry about it.

I've done some things in the past couple of months that were "duty", things I doubted I really wanted to do but they were absolutely the right things to do. They involved alot of sacrifice, and you can't do that without pain. I think some people are absolutely clueless about how hard this is. In fact, I don't think I comprehended how tough it was going to be before I did it. I have absolutely no regrets over this, but pain, yes.

Last edited:
Crying does help. So does screaming. There have been times I've gone off into the woods and SCREAMED out all my pent up bad emotions, anger or sorrow. I guess that's where 'primal scream therapy' came from.

its a medical fact that crying helps release toxins from the body
so dont ever feel bad about it..
its a great release.

Ive always cried alot , when I was young I used to feel ashamed
but now when I cry at stupid things..like a song on the radio or a commercial or whatever- I know thats just the type of person I am. a big softy

U2Kitten said:
Crying does help. So does screaming. There have been times I've gone off into the woods and SCREAMED out all my pent up bad emotions, anger or sorrow. I guess that's where 'primal scream therapy' came from.

:yes: Some gymnastics coaches use this method. They make you go outside and scream things like "I CAN DO ------------" over and over and you can't go back in until they're convinced you mean it.

I remember one time when I was younger I was so mad at my mom I was crying in the shower so hard and I was so furious I almost passed out! Probably the combination of a hot shower and being pissed...I feel over and hit my head hard and then was even more upset and pissed. It must've worked though b/c today, I don't even remember what I was upset about.

:hug:

Last edited:
I spent most of today crying. I don't know if it was stress of everyone being sick at home, stress of uni work or me being sick and not knowing what's wrong or just a little bit of everything but it's not usually like me to be weepy like that. I couldn't stop even at the doctors. I felt silly but both doctors I seen were really nice to me. I'm still just as worried as I was earlier though but I think it helped a little.

Verte :hug:

Bonochick said:
I cry too much. :slant:

Me too. I have absolutely NO control over it. I cry in the most inappropriate/embarrassing situations, and once I start, I can't stop. I used to get yelled at/punished for crying when I lived at home (and even last Christmas when I was visiting....I'm 24 :|), and got teased by my brothers all the time for it, but I guess it wasn't much of a deterrent!

Well, whatever else. I don't think crying should be dismissed as something sillly or insignificant. It's something you need to do, so if you've cried redently, hold your head up, and congratulate youself on your guts! Some people don't get it, it's incredibly important.

i was at work a few weeks ago, it wasn't a good day. i was stressed out because of my daughter's behavior and my grandma's meddling, my mom yelling at me that day, and alot of other things. the last straw came for me was when i answered this one phone call where the guy was just verbally abusive. i put him on hold, transferred him to a manager, then they came looking for me because i had that sound in my voice like i was ready to crack. i tried holding it in but i couldnt stop the tears from coming down, and i couldn't hold back. it felt good in the end though.

I cant go to church anymore cuz I cry everytime.
the church in our town is very small , intimate.
when the priest starts talkin bout everything I just start crying
its not only sad stuff hes talkin bout its hopeful stuff too...
so sometimes its a hopeful cry - its like my heart is pumping out the tears like a well and the more I try to fight it the worse it gets.

the church in the next town over is a huge cathedral type church ,less intinmate...I find I dont have the crying prob there

Back
Top Bottom