Crashed my car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
:sad: I got in an accident this past Saturday and totally crashed my car. SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS!

Luckily, no one was injured. I just feel really stupid, like I'm some really bad driver, even though it was a completely typical kind of accident (look away for a second, look back & truck in front of you is at a dead stop).

The crap thing is my car was only 17 months old! :( I still considered it new! The front end was all folded up on itself (just like the salesman said it would in a front-end crash, wow, not a lying salesman), the radiator busted and steam and fluid leaked out everywhere. I could still steer it off the road, but I had to be pushed by a police car while all these gawkers were staring at me . . . SO EMBARASSING!

Anyway, the adjuster is supposed to call me today. I just hope it's repairable and not totaled. I really, really like my car.

I'll keep you all posted. :sad:

This blows!

Aww, I'm so sorry! :( I'm glad you're all right though. :hug: I made a dumb driving mistake once that resulted in major damage to my dad's car. :yikes: Not only that, but it happened on the Mackinac Bridge, so I caused a huge traffic mess. :reject: My pride and driving reputation will never fully recover (I still get teased by my family), but it was definitely a lesson learned.

awww...I'm sorry. :( It is kind of embarrassing, because yeah, everyone does look! Glad to hear you are ok, and I hope everything goes well with the adjuster.

I am so sorry to hear this Fitz. :sad: So glad to hear that you were not seriouly hurt , and hope that your car can fixed. I know how you feel. I was in an accident with my new car after having it only for 3 months. :hug:

:wink:

Thank you all for your well wishes.

Yes, I am most glad for the fact that no one was injured in the accident.

I have yet to hear from the adjuster. I've called twice, but apparently I haven't even been assigned to an adjuster yet.

I had to have my car towed again because the towing yard that the police called on Saturday charges $36/day + $130 for the original tow. So I had it moved to the shop where, if it's fixable, then I will have it fixed there. They're pretty cool too. They go and pick up the car and pay the fee to get it out, since they know I'm stranded w/o a car right now.

I just want the insurance to send out the inspector so s/he can tell me whether it's a total or repairable. Then I can get my rental car based on that information.

Being w/o a car in Southern California and depending on other people for rides is just :no: :mad:

So sorry to hear about your accident. Luckily you are alright. I'm sure you're still shaken up about it.

I had 2 when I was younger, and the first time the car was almost totalled, but they fixed it. The second time (same car) I think it was totalled. And hubby had gotten into an accident after having our new car for only a few months too. It was a frickin' nightmare, because the other driver (clearly in the wrong) was driving a rental car, and Budget are :censored: It went to arbitration, and...it was just a mess. Luckily we still have the car & it's still running (accident was in '99). Last accident was many many years ago and I was stopped at a red light. The light turned green and the lady behind me stepped on the gas, though I hadn't yet. We had a rental car for 5 weeks while it was being repaired :sigh:

:hug:

So sorry to hear this... :( I can imagine when owning a car yourself and really liking that car just makes you pissed when something happens to it, even something small. And now it's crashed... Just hope it's repairable :hug:

Well, don't feel too bad for me. The accident was my fault. I looked away for a second and when I looked back the truck in front of me was at a dead stop.

That was my 1st new car ever. All through college and law school I drove hand-me-down piecers that were constantly crapping out on me. I finally get a job and buy my very first new car and less than 1 year 1/2 later, I cause an accident and crash it. Stupid me! :mad:

Oh, well. At least no one was hurt.

I'm still waiting to hear from the adjuster. They never called me back after my 2 calls yesterday. However, the appraiser is on his way to check out my car.

/fingers crossed I hope it's repairable and not totaled. :pray:

FitzChivalry said:
:sad: I got in an accident this past Saturday and totally crashed my car. SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS!

Luckily, no one was injured. I just feel really stupid, like I'm some really bad driver, even though it was a completely typical kind of accident (look away for a second, look back & truck in front of you is at a dead stop).

The crap thing is my car was only 17 months old! :( I still considered it new! The front end was all folded up on itself (just like the salesman said it would in a front-end crash, wow, not a lying salesman), the radiator busted and steam and fluid leaked out everywhere. I could still steer it off the road, but I had to be pushed by a police car while all these gawkers were staring at me . . . SO EMBARASSING!

Anyway, the adjuster is supposed to call me today. I just hope it's repairable and not totaled. I really, really like my car.

I'll keep you all posted. :sad:

This blows!

the most important thing is that you and no one else was injured! so i am happy that you are safe and healed.

i feel really bad, but i chuckled a little when i read your comment on the police car having to push your car. haha, sorry. but, as the saying goes, when in doubt, laugh, right?

anyways, i hope you had insurance on your car and everything works out w/ the car, police, citations, and everything else.

glad that you are ok!

Back
Top Bottom