crappy teaching is a matter of point of view

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
As a senior in high school, it is teachers like you that make me come to school still (I only need 2.5 credits to graduate). But as to whether the kids are giggling with you or at you depends on several factors: their age (If high school freshmen probably at you, if higher than that no problem), and their maturity (surprisingly enough this has NOTHING to do with age, if they can't control themselves then you need to be strict. That's up to you to decide.). What is the bottom line of being a teacher? TO LEARN! As long as they are learning your particular subject, what else matters? Keeping it entertaining and fresh makes the class worth something. Don't forget your beliefs, just don't let them overbear in the classroom. Most teachers don't reveal their real beliefs to most students. The deal is that you CANNOT GIVE UP YOUR BELIEFS! They are the basis of your decisions and therefore your whole teaching style. If administration is pushing you into a corner that conflicts with your beliefs, let them know. Point out the fact that your ability to teach will be severely hampered when having to teach what (or how I guess) administration dictates. If you REALLY want to be snotty about it (and probably lose your job...) mention communism and the first amendment together. You probably shouldn't do that...but don't worry so much and go with it.

Back
Top Bottom