confessions of poor skills office boy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
ive never used a fax machine
i think im going to have to this afternoon

ive photocopied a few things. never enlarging though. the process sounds...troublesome.

I've never sent a fax. We used to have a fax machine at the 7-Eleven I worked at, but I never had anybody who needed to use it. Until this one time...:crack:

Customer: Hi, I need to send a fax.

BC: The fax machine is over there...*points*

Customer: Yes, but the sign says that you are supposed to do it.

BC: Okay...*walks slowly over to the fax machine and stares at it...pushes a few buttons...stares some more*

Customer: You've never faxed before, have you?

BC: Well...no...

Customer: I can do it myself, as long as it won't get you in trouble.

BC: Bless you.

i send faxes all day long. it's easy.
if you can dial a telephone, you can use a fax machine.

good luck :wave:

i may have misused the phrase 'use the fax machine'.

i told some one the number and out popped my document. tomorrow when im sending it back may be quite terrifying however.

i am clerically challenged. i worked with a firm that transferred calls to everyone when the receptionist wasn't in. if i was there alone i would sit staring at the phone while it rang[/creepy]

bonosgirl84 said:
if you can dial a telephone, you can use a fax machine.

Yeah...that's what one would think...

But this is the girl who ruined a no-bake dessert.

kobayashi said:
i may have misused the phrase 'use the fax machine'.

i told some one the number and out popped my document. tomorrow when im sending it back may be quite terrifying however.

i am clerically challenged. i worked with a firm that transferred calls to everyone when the receptionist wasn't in. if i was there alone i would sit staring at the phone while it rang[/creepy]

OMG...:rolleyes:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i fax something every 10 mins. i photocopy things all the time, i even do fancy things with them like make double sided copies, hole punches, sort, and even have the copier staple my copies. :ohmy: :sexywink:

Me too. I don't like to give things like that to the intern because I feel bad, so I just learn to do everything myself. :shrug:

At my clerical job last summer I used to have to send faxes. My first day I put in all the papers upside down so the people were just getting blank sheets. I was so confused when people kept calling and saying their fax didn't come through- I finally figured that I need to put the sheets in the other way! :der:

I can even change the toner and clear all paper jams from a copy machine and replenish the staple supply. I am something of an expert. Which means I am impatient with people who can't figure it out. Kobi, it's a good thing we don't work together. I might be mean to you. :reject:

:reject:
no, but i can change the toner without spilling it all over my pretty shirt

One time, at my old job, the printouts were looking faded, and somebody told me that I should try shaking the toner cartridge before changing it. What he didn't tell me was that I should move it up and down...I started shaking it side to side, which apparently sometimes causes toner to fly all over.

That was one of those times. :crack:

Bonochick said:
One time, at my old job, the printouts were looking faded, and somebody told me that I should try shaking the toner cartridge before changing it. What he didn't tell me was that I should move it up and down...I started shaking it side to side, which apparently sometimes causes toner to fly all over.

That was one of those times. :crack:

Been there. They had to call the carpet cleaners. The carpet was new. And (stupidly) white.

ahhhh machines that go *ping*:heart:

I kind of believe that inside every piece of wizzbangery that exists , is one of those birds like you see on the Flinstones, chiselling out the letters with it's beak. Overworked and underpaid.

I miss the carrier pigeon

PS btw: happy belated "May Day"
:up: the workers

signed
Pamela May

I can hear that bird......peck , peck , peck : eyebrow:

I hope I got the right person.....I still get kobeyashi and ouizy mixed up
it's not that funny anyway

:lmao:
peck peck peck

You've never tried being the girl who worked right next to the fax machine, have you?

Case and point: bank job last year. I get put riiight beside the stupid thing which bleeped and pinged and whirred ALL day. Drove me insane for the first 2 months. AND, pluses of working next to 'the machine' are that EVERYONE has these little 'fax machine conferences' next to it. I overheard things no person should. Yup, I know the sexual habits of certain people in the office, how good all the guys think some girl's butt looks, and how much this coworker hates that coworker. :crack: :no: :shifty:

TO top it all off they'd constantly ask me to help them fax or to fix the machine when it broke (literally once a week). They'd come over, stare at it, shout "What's wrong with it?" Glare evilly at me (like I broke it. Just by looking at it. Really). Then they'd ask me to fix it. Excuse me, I've worked here a month. You've been here 20 years. How the hell am I more qualified to fix this machine than you are?

Yeah. Me and the fax machine. We were like this. *crosses fingers* I wonder what those poor office people are doing without me....:|

Last edited:
my work world is surrounded by technology.

It is a bit scary.

Just today we have a deadline and we are doing a process that in the past would have taken three days to complete. Today - it should take 4 hours.

We are sending 700 architectural drawings to a printer in Toronto Canada from New York. we are using T1 lines, and sophiticated software, the whole thing is pretty mind-blowing.

do not stress thje fax machine, I am sure it will work out fine...

Back
Top Bottom